RasterEdge .NET Imaging SDK and Web Document Viewer provide high-quality, full-featured and secure medical image solution for developers using the Microsoft .NET Framework.
What is DICOM?
DICOM, short for Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine, is an international standard created by the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) for handling, storing, printing, and transmitting information in medical imaging in almost every radiology, cardiology imaging, and radiotherapy device (CT scans, MRIs, and ultrasound and devices, etc.) and in devices of other medical domains (ophthalmology and dentistry, etc.).
DICOM is developed based on network communications protocol, which uses TCP/IP to communicate between systems. DICOM files can be exchanged between two medical apparatus and instruments that are capable of receiving and handling image and patient data DICOM image. Moreover, all the DICOM images can be used on other image file formats after data compression, including JPEG, JPEG Lossless, JPEG 2000, LZW and Run-length encoding (RLE).
- Support for using on the Web environment using the industry standard networking protocol TCP/IP.
- Support to be compressed and used on other formats
Note: DICOM processing and conversion is excluded in the standard RasterEdge .NET Imaging SDK, you may add it on with DICOM Convertor or .NET DICOM Convertor SDK.
Viewing, Editing and Conversion
- RasterEdge .NET Imaging SDK enables customers to easily build JPEG viewing, editing, manipulation, annotate, and print JPEG into your applications right from your desktop or server.
- DICOM Convertor is a free conversion application, which is an easy-to-use interface enabling you to quickly convert your JPEG images into other file formats, including Bitmap, Png, Gif, Tiff, PDF, MS-Word, etc. Besides, Visual C# and VB.NET sample codings are provided for image conversion if you want to use it in .NET development environments.
- DICOM Plugin is a DICOM reader to decode DICOM images and metadata using the Microsoft .NET Framework.
More Format Information: