RasterEdge .NET Imaging SDK uses JBIG2 codec to view, encode and decode JBIG2 images within Microsoft .NET Framework. It works especially well with PDF documents, allowing compression without sacrificing image quality, and scanned documents or faxes.
What is JBIG 2?
Short for Joint Bi-level Image Experts Group, JBIG is an image compression standard for bi-level (black/white) images. The first version is named JBIG 1(Joint Bi-level Image Experts Group 1), and most recently, we use the improved version - JBIG 2.
JBIG 2 is designed as an International Telecommunication Union format, which is suitable for both lossless and lossy compression, allowing lossless compression performance better than that of the existing standards, and to allow for lossy compression at much higher compression ratios than the lossless ratios of the existing standards, with almost no visible degradation of quality.
JBIG 2 Features
- Included both Lossless and Lossy compression
- Support lossy-to-lossless image compression
- Large increases in image compression performance
- Successively content-progressive coding with text, halftones, and other binary image content
- Support quality-progressive coding
- Able to handle multi-page document compression
- Provide flexible format, easy embedding in other image file formats
- Support high-performance decompression
Note: JBIG 2compression and conversion is excluded in the standard RasterEdge .NET Imaging SDK, you may add it on with JBIG 2Convertor and JBIG 2 Codec.
Viewing, Compression and Conversion
- RasterEdge .NET Imaging SDK supports JBIG 2 file formats, allowing users to view, edit and processing images with JBIG 2 format and other popular formats, such as Bitmap, Png, Gif, Tiff, PDF, MS-Word, etc.
- JBIG 2 Converter is a free image conversion toolkit developed by RasterEdge.com, which provides an easy way to convert JBIG 2 file formats into others, such as Bitmap, Png, Gif, Tiff, PDF, MS-Word, etc. Besides, Visual C# and VB.NET sample codings are provided for image conversion if you want to use it in .NET development environments.
- JBIG 2 Codec is .NET image compression SDK that can be easily added on the core RasterEdge .NET Imaging SDK. Besides, it offers you the ability to create highly compressed documents within PDF documents.
More Format Information