RasterEdge .NET Imaging SDK allows customers to work with JPEG 2000 (.jp2, .j2k, .jpf, .jpx, .jpm, .mj2) sfor decoding 8-bit grayscale, 24-bit RGB, 16-bit grayscale & 48-bit RGB and encoding 8-bit grayscale and 24-bit RGB to jp2 code stream.
What is JPEG 2000?
Known as an image compression standard, JPEG 2000 is new coding system for still image compression. Created by the Joint Photographic Experts Group committee, JPEG 2000 aims to supersede the existed JPEG standard (discrete cosine transform-based) with a newly wavelet-based technology, which significantly reduces the amount of memory needed to archive detailed grayscale and color images while requires greater compression and decompression times. According to its ISO standards - ISO/IEC 15444, .jp2 is defined as the basic file format of JPEG 2000 (part-1: ISO/IEC 15444-1), which is the core coding system (intended as royalty and license-fee free - NB NOT patent-free); .jpx is for the extended part-2 specifications (part-2: ISO/IEC 15444-2), which adds more features and sophistication to the core; .mj2 is for Part 3 (ISO/IEC 15444-3), which is for Motion JPEG 2000.
- Superior compression performance for both high bit rates and low bit rates
- Easy to decompose the image into a multiple resolution representation
- Efficient and progressive decoding and signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) scalability
- Included both Lossless and Lossy compression
- Provide an alternative way for Region Of Interest (ROI) code-stream access and processing
- Robust bit error resilience
- Provide rich file format for different data types
- Completely support transparency and alpha planes
Note: JPEG 2000 compression and conversion is excluded in the standard RasterEdge .NET Imaging SDK, you may add it on with JPEG 2000 Convertor and JPEG 2000 Codec.
Viewing, Compression and Conversion
- RasterEdge .NET Imaging SDK supports JPEG 2000 file formats, allowing users to view, edit and processing images with JPEG 2000 format and other popular formats, such as Bitmap, Png, Gif, Tiff, PDF, MS-Word, etc.
- JPEG 2000 Converter is a free image conversion toolkit developed by RasterEdge.com, which provides an easy way to convert JPEG 2000 file formats into others, such as Bitmap, Png, Gif, Tiff, PDF, MS-Word, etc. Besides, Visual C# and VB.NET sample codings are provided for image conversion if you want to use it in .NET development environments.
- JPEG 2000 Codec is .NET image compression SDK that can be easily added on the core RasterEdge .NET Imaging SDK. It is designed to perform a better JPEG 2000 compression right from your desktop or server.
More Format Information