This online guide content is Out Dated
Please get the latest XDoc.PDF C# Developer Guide here
RasterEdge Image products powerful and flexible support for high-quality PDF document viewing, printing & annotating in .NET Framework as well as web server with advanced capabilities, such as text extraction, hyperlinks, bookmarks and metadata as well as updating, splitting and merging pages from existing PDF documents.
What is PDF?
PDF is short for Portable Document Format developed by Adobe, which is the global standard for viewing, capturing and printing rich information from almost any application on any cross-platform from desktop to mobile device, including Macintosh, Windows, UNIX, LINUX and many mobile devices, and sharing it with virtually anyone, anywhere.
- Viewable and printable on virtually cross-platform
- Rich in file integrity, preserve source file information
- Royalty-free to develop PDF compatible software
- Open standard for more secure, dependable electronic information exchange
What is PDF/A?
PDF/A is ISO-standards version among a suite of PDF-based standards, original sponsored by the Association for Suppliers of Printing, Publishing and Converting Technologies (NPES) and the Association for Information and Image Management to develop specifications for creating, viewing, and printing digital documents for long-term preservation. Differing from PDF, PDF/A often omit features ill-suited to long-term archiving.
- Everything needed to render or print a PDF/A file must be contained within the file
- Promote use of metadata
- Used on independent devices and applications
- Prohibit encryption
- Provide two levels of compliance PDF/A-1b (the lowest level) and PDF/A-1a (the higher level)
Note: PDF processing and conversion is excluded in the standard RasterEdge .NET Imaging SDK, you may add it on with PDF Convertor or .NET PDF Convertor SDK.
Viewing, Editing and Conversion
- RasterEdge .NET Imaging SDK enables customers to easily build PDF viewing, editing, manipulation, annotate, and print PDF into your applications right from your desktop or server.
- PDF Converter is a free conversion application, which is an easy-to-use interface enabling you to quickly convert your PDF images into other file formats, including Bitmap, Png, Gif, Tiff, Jpeg, MS-Word, etc. Besides, Visual C# and VB.NET sample codings are provided for image conversion if you want to use it in .NET development environments.
- RasterEdge PDF for .NET is a robust .NET PDF processing SDK, allowing developers to read, write, view, render, report and convert word document without need for PDF.
More Format Information