This online guide content is Out Dated
Please get the latest XDoc.Tiff C# Developer Guide here
RasterEdge .NET Imaging SDK provide a set of APIs to viewing, editing, manipulating and converting TIFF images. Besides, users may also handle and edit pages in a multi-page TIFF image.
What is TIFF?
TIFF, originally standing for Tagged Image File Format, is a popular format for high color-depth images, along with JPEG and PNG. It is great tag-based file format for file format for storing and interchanging raster images (bit-mapped images) on personal computers (both PCs and Macintosh computers), popular among graphic artists, the publishing industry, and both amateur and professional photographers in general.
TIFF was originally developed by Aldus Corporation in 1986 to provide a rich environment within which applications can exchange image data, and later owned by Adobe Systems (who acquired Aldus and holds the copyright on the TIFF specification). The TIFF specification contains two parts: Baseline TIFF (the core of TIFF) and TIFF Extensions (extensions to Baseline TIFF).
- Compatible with independent devices, not tied to specific scanners, printers, or computer display hardware
- Common file format used widely, especially on Macintosh and Windows
- Provide large storage than other image file format
- Include number of compression schemes
- Designed to be extensibleâto evolve gracefully as new needs arise
- Capable of describing bi-level, grayscale, palette-color, and full-color image data in several color spaces
- TIFF allows the inclusion of an unlimited amount of private or special-purpose information
- Relativedly large file size
- No support on web browsers
- Lack of searchabilty; loss of text information
Note: TIFF compression and conversion is excluded in the standard RasterEdge .NET Imaging SDK, you may add it on with TIFF Convertor or TIFF .NET Conversion SDK.
Viewing, Editing and Conversion
- RasterEdge .NET Imaging SDK supports TIFF file formats, allowing users to view, edit and processing images with TIFF format and other popular formats, such as Bitmap, Png, Gif, Tiff, PDF, MS-Word, etc.
- TIFF Converter is a free image conversion toolkit developed by RasterEdge.com, which provides an easy way to convert TIFF file formats into others, such as Bitmap, Png, Gif, Jpeg, PDF, MS-Word, etc. Besides, Visual C# and VB.NET sample codings are provided for image conversion if you want to use it in .NET development environments.
- Multi-page TIFF processing add-on is a set of high-level APIs that enable you to handle and edit pages in a multi-page TIFF image.
More Format Information