22. The operation of this thought process is seen in those fortunate natures that possess everything
that others must acquire by toil, who never have a struggle with conscience because they always act
correctly, and can never conduct themselves otherwise than with tact, learn everything easily,
complete everything they begin with a happy knack, live in eternal harmony with themselves,
without ever reflecting much what they do, or ever experiencing difficulty or toil.
23. The fruit of this thought is, as it were, a gift of the gods, but a gift that few as yet realize,
appreciate, or understand. The recognition of the marvelous power which is possessed by the mind
under proper conditions and the fact that this power can be utilized, directed, and made available
for the solution of every human problem is of transcendental importance.
24. All truth is the same, whether stated in modern scientific terms or in the language of apostolic
times. There are timid souls who fail to realize that the very completeness of truth requires various
statements – that no one human formula will show every side of it.
25. Changing emphasis, new language, novel interpretations, unfamiliar perspectives, are not, as
some suppose, signs of departure from truth but on the contrary, they are evidence that the truth is
being apprehended in new relations to human needs, and is becoming more generally understood.
26. The truth must be told to each generation and to every people in new and different terms, so
that when the Great Teacher said, "Believe that ye receive and ye shall receive" or, when Paul said,
"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" or, when modern
science says, "The Law of Attraction is the law by which thought correlates with its object," each
statement when subjected to analysis, is found to contain exactly the same truth. The only
difference is in the form of presentation.
27. We are standing on the threshold of a new era. The time has arrived when man has learned the
secrets of mastery and the way is being prepared for a new social order, more wonderful than
anything every heretofore dreamed of. The conflict of modern science with theology, the study of
comparative religions, the tremendous power of new social movements – all of these are clearing
the way for the new order. They may have destroyed traditional forms which have become
antiquated and impotent, but nothing of value has been lost.
28. A new faith has been born, a faith which demands a new form of expression. And this faith is
taking form in a deep consciousness of power which is being manifested, in the present spiritual
activity found on every hand.
29. The spirit which sleeps in the mineral, breathes in the vegetable, moves in the animal, and
reaches its highest development in man is the Universal Mind, and it behooves us to span the gulf
between being and doing, theory and practice, by demonstrating our understanding of the dominion
which we have been given.
30. By far the greatest discovery of all the centuries is the power of thought. The importance of this
discovery has been a little slow in reaching the general consciousness, but it has arrived, and
already in every field of research the importance of this greatest of all great discoveries is being
31. You ask in what does the creative power of thought consist? It consists in creating ideas, and
these in turn objectify themselves by appropriating, inventing, observing, discerning, discovering,
analyzing, ruling, governing, combining, and applying matter and force. It can do this because it is
an intelligent creative power.
32. Thought reaches its loftiest activity when plunged into its own mysterious depth, when it breaks
through the narrow compass of self and passes from truth to truth to the region of eternal light,
where all which is, was or ever will be, melt into one grand harmony.
33. From this process of self contemplation comes inspiration which is creative intelligence, and
which is undeniably superior to every element, force or law of nature, because it can understand,
modify, govern, and apply them to its own ends and purposes and therefore possess them.
34. Wisdom begins with the dawn of reason, and reason is an understanding of the knowledge and
principles whereby we may know the true meaning of things. Wisdom, then, is illuminated reason,
and this wisdom leads to humility, for humility is a large part of Wisdom.
35. We all know many who have achieved the seemingly impossible, who have realized life-long
dreams, who have changed everything including themselves. We have sometimes marveled at the
demonstration of an apparently irresistible power, which seemed to be ever available just when it
was most needed, but it is all clear now. All that is required is an understanding of certain definite
fundamental principles and their proper application.
36. For your exercise this week, concentrate on the quotation taken from the Bible, "Whatsoever
things ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them and ye shall have them"; notice that
there is no limitation, "Whatsoever things" is very definite and implies that the only limitation
which is placed upon us in our ability to think, to be equal to the occasion, to rise to the emergency,
to remember that Faith is not a shadow, but a substance, "the substance of things hoped for, the
evidence of things not seen."
“Death is but the natural process whereby all material forms are thrown into the crucible for
reproduction in fresh diversity.”
Part Eleven Study Questions With Answers
101. What is inductive reasoning? The process of the objective mind by which we compare a
number of separate instances with each other until we see the common factor which gives rise to
102. What has this method of studying accomplished? It has resulted in the discovery of a reign of
law which has marked an epoch in human progress.
103. What is it that which guides and determines action? It is need, want, and desire which in the
largest sense induce, guide, and determine action.
104. What is the formula for the unerring solution of every individual problem? We are to believe
that our desire has already been fulfilled; its accomplishment will then follow.
105. What great Teachers advocated it? Jesus, Plato, Swedenborg.
106. What is the result of this thought process? We are thinking on the plane of the absolute and
planting a seed, which if left undisturbed will germinate into fruition.
107. Why is it scientifically exact? Because it is Natural Law.
108. What is Faith? "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen."
109. What is the Law of Attraction? The Law by which Faith is brought into manifestation.
110. What importance do you attach to an understanding of this law? It has eliminated the elements
of uncertainty and caprice from men's lives and substituted law, reason, and certitude.
Introduction - Part Twelve
Part Twelve is enclosed herewith. In the fourth paragraph you will find the following statement:
"You must first have the knowledge of your power; second, the courage to dare; third, the faith to
If you concentrate upon the thoughts given, if you give them your entire attention, you will find a
world of meaning in each sentence, and will attract to yourself other thoughts in harmony with
them, and you will soon grasp the full significance of the vital knowledge upon which you are
Knowledge does not apply itself. We as individuals must make the application, and the application
consists in fertilizing the thought with a living purpose.
The time and thought which most persons waste in aimless effort would accomplish wonders if
properly directed with some special object in view. In order to do this, it is necessary to center your
mental force upon a specific thought and hold it there, to the exclusion of all other thoughts. If you
have ever looked through the viewfinder on a videocamera, you found that when the object was not
in focus, the impression was indistinct and possibly blurred, but when the proper focus was
obtained the picture was clear and distinct. This illustrates the power of concentration. Unless you
can concentrate upon the object which you have in view, you will have but a hazy, indifferent,
vague, indistinct and blurred outline of your ideal and the results will be in accordance with your
1. There is no purpose in life that cannot be best accomplished through a scientific understanding of
the creative power of thought.
2. This power to think is common to all. Man is, because he thinks. Man's power to think is infinite,
consequently his creative power is unlimited.
3. We know that thought is building for us the thing we think of and actually bringing it nearer, yet
we find it difficult to banish fear, anxiety or discouragement, all of which are powerful thought
forces, and which continually send the things we desire further away, so that it is often one step
forward and two steps backward.
4. The only way to keep from going backward is to keep going forward. Eternal vigilance is the
price of success. There are three steps, and each one is absolutely essential. You must first have the
knowledge of your power; second, the courage to dare; third, the faith to do.
5. With this as a basis you can construct an ideal business, an ideal home, ideal friends, and an ideal
environment. You are not restricted as to material or cost. Thought is omnipotent and has the power
to draw on the Infinite bank of primary substance for all that it requires. Infinite resources are
therefore at your command.
6. But your ideal must be sharp, clear-cut, and definite. To have one ideal today, another tomorrow,
and a third next week, means to scatter your forces and accomplish nothing. Your result will be a
meaningless and chaotic combination of wasted material.
7. Unfortunately this is the result which many are securing, and the cause is self evident. If a
sculptor started out with a piece of marble and a chisel and changed his ideal every fifteen minutes,
what result could he expect? And why should you expect any different result in molding the
greatest and most plastic of all substances, the only real substance?
8. The result of this indecision and negative thought is often found in the loss of material wealth.
Supposed independence which required many years of toil and effort suddenly disappears. It is
often found then that money and property are not independence at all. On the contrary, the only
independence is found to be a practical working knowledge of the creative power of thought.
9. This practical working method cannot come to you until you learn that the only real power which
you can have is the power to adjust yourself to Divine and unchangeable principles. You cannot
change the Infinite, but you can come into an understanding of Natural laws. The reward of this
understanding is a conscious realization of your ability to adjust your thought faculties with the
Universal Thought which is Omnipresent. Your ability to cooperate with this Omnipotence will
indicate the degree of success with which you meet.
10. The power of thought has many counterfeits which are more or less fascinating, but the results
are harmful instead of helpful.
11. Of course, worry, fear, and all negative thoughts produce a crop after their kind; those who
harbor thoughts of this kind must inevitably reap what they have sown.
12. Again, there are the Phenomena seekers who gormandize on the so-called proofs and
demonstration obtained at materializing seances. They throw open their mental doors and soak
themselves in the most poisonous currents which can be found in the psychic world. They do not
seem to understand that it is the ability to become negative, receptive and passive, and thus drain
themselves of all their vital force, which enables them to bring about these vibratory thought forms.
13. There are also the Hindu worshippers, who see in the materializing phenomena which are
performed by the so-called adepts, a source of power, forgetting, or never seeming to realize that as
soon as the will is withdrawn the forms wither, and the vibratory forces of which they are
14. Telepathy, or thought transference, has received considerable attention, but as it requires a
negative mental state on the part of the receiver, the practice is harmful. A thought may be sent
with the intention of hearing or seeing, but it will bring the penalty attached to the inversion of the
15. In many instances, hypnotism is positively dangerous to the subject as well as the operator. No
one familiar with the laws governing in the mental world would think of attempting to dominate the
will of another, for by so doing, he will gradually (but surely) divest himself of his own power.
16. All of these perversions have their temporary satisfaction and for some a keen fascination, but
there is an infinitely greater fascination in a true understanding of the world of power within, a
power which increases with use, is permanent instead of fleeting, which not only is potent as a
remedial agency to bring about the remedy for past error or results of wrong thinking, but is a
prophylactic agency protecting us from all manner and form of danger, and finally is an actual
creative force with which we can build new conditions and new environment.
17. The law is that thought will correlate with its object and bring forth in the material world the
correspondence of the thing thought or produced in the mental world. We then discern the absolute
necessity of seeing that every thought has the inherent germ of truth in order that the law of growth
will bring into manifestation good, for good alone can confer any permanent power.
18. The principle which gives the thought the dynamic power to correlate with its object, and
therefore to master every adverse human experience, is the Law of Attraction, which is another
name for love. This is an eternal and fundamental principle, inherent in all things, in every system
of Philosophy, in every Religion, and in every Science. There is no getting away from the law of
love. It is feeling that imparts vitality to thought. Feeling is desire, and desire is love. Thought
impregnated with love becomes invincible.
19. We find this truth emphasized wherever the power of thought is understood, The Universal
Mind is not only Intelligence, but it is substance, and this substance is the attractive force which
brings electrons together by the Law of Attraction so that they form atoms. The atoms in turn are
brought together by the same law and form molecules. Molecules take objective forms. And so we
find that the law of love is the creative force behind every manifestation, not only of atoms, but of
worlds, of the Universe, of everything of which the imagination can form any conception.
20. It is the operation of this marvelous Law of Attraction which has caused men in all ages and all
times to believe that there must be some personal being who responded to their petitions and
desires, and manipulated events in order to comply with their requirements.
21. It is the combination of Thought and Love which forms the irresistible force, called the Law of
Attraction. All natural laws are irresistible, the law of Gravitation, or Electricity, or any other law
operates with mathematical exactitude. There is no variation, it is only the channel of distribution
which may be imperfect. If a bridge falls, we do not attribute the collapse to any variation of the
law of gravitation. If a light fails us, we do not conclude that the laws governing electricity cannot
be depended upon, and if the Law of Attraction seems to be imperfectly demonstrated by an
inexperienced or uninformed person, we are not to conclude that the greatest and most infallible
law upon which the entire system of creation depends has been suspended. We should rather
conclude that a little more understanding of the law is required, for the same reason that a correct
solution of a difficult problem in Mathematics is not always readily and easily obtained.
22. Things are created in the mental or spiritual world be fore they appear in the outward act or
event. By the simple process of governing our thought forces today, we help create the events
which will come into our lives in the future, perhaps even tomorrow. Educated desire is the most
potent means of bringing into action the Law of Attraction.
23. Man is so constituted that he must first create the tools, or implements by which he gains the
power to think. The mind cannot comprehend an entirely new idea until a corresponding vibratory
brain cell has been prepared to receive it. This explains why it is so difficult for us to receive or
appreciate an entirely new idea. We have no brain cell capable of receiving it and we are therefore
incredulous. We do not believe it.
24. If, therefore, you have not been familiar with the Omnipotence of the Law of Attraction, and
the scientific method by which it can be put into operation, or if you have not been familiar with the
unlimited possibilities which it opens to those who are enabled to take advantage of the resources it
offers, begin now and create the necessary brain cells which will enable you to comprehend the
unlimited powers which may be yours by cooperating with Natural Law. This is done by
concentration or attention.
25. The intention governs the attention. Power comes through repose. It is by concentration that
deep thoughts, wise speech, and all forces of high potentiality are accomplished.
26. It is in the Silence that you get into touch with the Omnipotent power of the subconscious mind
from which all power is evolved.
27. He who desires wisdom, power, or permanent success of any kind will find it only within; it is
an unfoldment. The unthinking may conclude that the silence is very simple and easily attained, but
it should be remembered that only in absolute silence may one come into contact with Divinity
itself, may learn of the unchangeable law, and open for himself the channels by which persistent
practice and concentration lead to perfection.
28. This week go to the same room, take the same chair, the same position as previously. Be sure to
relax, let go, both mentally and physically. Always do this; never try to do any mental work under
pressure. See that there are no tense muscles or nerves, that you are entirely comfortable. Now
realize your unity with omnipotence. Get into touch with this power. Come into a deep and vital
understanding, appreciation, and realization of the fact that your ability to think is your ability to
act upon the Universal Mind, and bring it into manifestation, realize that it will meet any and every
requirement, that you have exactly the same potential ability which any individual ever did have or
ever will have, because each is but an expression or manifestation of the One, all are parts of the
whole, there is no difference in kind or quality, the only difference being one of degree.
"Thought cannot conceive of anything that may not be brought to expression. He who first uttered
it may be only the suggester, but the doer will appear." - Wilson.
Documents you may be interested
Documents you may be interested