6. If this radiation is sufficiently strong the person is called magnetic; he is said to be filled with
personal magnetism. Such a person may wield an immense power for good. His presence alone will
often bring comfort to the troubled minds with which he comes in contact.
7. When the Solar Plexus is in active operation and is radiating life, energy and vitality to every
part of the body, and to every one whom he meets, the sensations are pleasant, the body is filled
with health and all with whom he comes in contact experience a pleasant sensation.
8. If there is any interruption of this radiation the sensations are unpleasant, the flow of life and
energy to some part of the body is stopped, and this is the cause of every ill to the human race,
physical, mental or environmental.
9. Physical because the sun of the body is no longer generating sufficient energy to vitalize some
part of the body; mental because the conscious mind is dependent upon the subconscious mind for
the vitality necessary to support its thought, and environmental, because the connection between
the subconscious mind and the Universal mind, is being interrupted.
10. The Solar Plexus is the point at which the part meets with the whole, where the finite becomes
Infinite, where the Uncreate becomes create, the Universal becomes individualized, the Invisible
becomes visible. It is the point at which life appears and there is no limit to the amount of life an
individual may generate from this Solar centre.
11. This centre of energy is Omnipotent because it is the point of contact with all life and all
intelligence. It can therefore accomplish whatever it is directed to accomplish, and herein lies the
power of the conscious mind; the subconscious can and will carry out such plans and ideas as may
be suggested to it by the conscious mind.
12. Conscious thought, then, is master of this sun centre from which the life and energy of the
entire body flows and the quality of the thought which we entertain determines the quality of the
thought which this sun will radiate, and the character of the thought which our conscious mind
entertains will determine the character of the thought which this sun will radiate, and the nature of
the thought which our conscious mind entertains will determine the nature of thought which this
sun will radiate, and consequently will determine the nature of the experience which will result.
13. It is evident, therefore, that all we have to do is let our light shine; the more energy we can
radiate, the more rapidly shall we be enabled to transmute undesirable conditions into sources of
pleasure and profit. The important question, then, is how to let this light shine; how to generate this
14. Non-resistant thought expands the Solar Plexus; resistant thought contracts it. Pleasant thought
expands it; unpleasant thought contracts it. Thoughts of courage, power, confidence and hope all
produce a corresponding state, but the one arch enemy of the Solar Plexus which must be
absolutely destroyed before there is any possibility of letting any light shine is fear. This enemy
must be completely destroyed; he must be eliminated; he must be expelled forever; he is the cloud
which hides the sun, which causes a perpetual gloom.
15. It is this personal devil which makes men fear the past, the present and the future; fear
themselves, their friends and their enemies; fear everything and everybody. When fear is
effectually and completely destroyed, your light will shine, the clouds will disperse and you will
have found the source of power, energy, and life.
16. When you find that you are really one with the Infinite power, and when you can consciously
realize this power by a practical demonstration of your ability to overcome any adverse condition
by the power of your thought, you will have nothing to fear. Fear will have been destroyed and you
will have come into possession of your birthright.
17. It is our attitude of mind toward life which determines the experiences with which we are to
meet. If we expect nothing, we shall have nothing. If we demand much, we shall receive the greater
portion. The world is harsh only as we fail to assert ourselves. The criticism of the world is bitter
only to those who cannot compel room for their ideas. It is fear of this criticism that causes many
ideas to fail to see the light of day.
18. But the man who knows that he has a Solar Plexus will not fear criticism or anything else; he
will be too busy radiating courage, confidence, and power; he will anticipate success by his mental
attitude; he will pound barriers to pieces, and leap over the chasm of doubt and hesitation which
fear places in his path.
19. Knowledge of our ability to consciously radiate health, strength and harmony will bring us into
a realization that there is nothing to fear because we are in touch with Infinite Strength.
20. This knowledge can be gained only by making practical application of this information. We
learn by doing; through practice the athlete comes powerful.
21. As the following statement is of considerable importance, I will put it in several ways, so that
you cannot fail to get the full significance of it. If you are religiously inclined, I would say, you can
let your light shine. If your mind has a bias toward physical science, I would say you can wake the
Solar Plexus; or, if you prefer the strictly scientific interpretation, I will say that you can impress
your subconscious mind.
22. I have already told you what the result of this impression will be. It is the method in which you
are now interested. You have already learned that the subconscious is intelligent and that it is
creative, and responsive to the will of the conscious mind. What, then, is the most natural way of
making the desired impression? Mentally concentrate on the object of your desire; when you are
concentrating you are impressing upon the subconscious.
23. This is not the only way, but it is a simple and effective way, and the most direct way, and
consequently the way in which the best results are secured. It is the method which is producing
such extraordinary results that many think that miracles are being accomplished.
24. It is the method by which every great inventor, every great financier, every great statesman has
been enabled to convert the subtle and invisible force of desire, faith and confidence into actual,
tangible, concrete facts in the objective world.
25. The subconscious mind is a part of the Universal mind. The Universal mind is the creative
principle of the Universe; a part must be the same in kind and quality as the whole. This means that
this creative power is absolutely unlimited; it is not bound by precedent of any kind, and
consequently has no prior existing pattern by which to apply its constructive principle.
26. We have found that the subconscious mind is responsive to our conscious will, which means
that the unlimited creative power of the Universal Mind is within control of the conscious mind of
27. When making a practical application of this principle, in accordance with the exercises given in
the subsequent lessons, it is well to remember that it is not necessary to outline the method by
which the subconscious will produce the results you desire. The finite can not inform the Infinite.
You are simply to say what you desire, not how you are to obtain it.
28. You are the channel by which the undifferentiated is being differentiated, and this
differentiation is being accomplished by appropriation. It only requires recognition to set causes in
motion which will bring about results in accordance with your desire, and this is accomplished
because the Universal can act only through the individual, and the individual can act only through
the Universal; they are one.
29. For your exercise this week, I will ask you to go one step further. I want you to not only be
perfectly still, and inhibit all thought as far as possible, but relax, let go, let the muscles take their
normal condition; this will remove all pressure from the nerves, and eliminate that tension which so
frequently produces physical exhaustion.
30. Physical relaxation is a voluntary exercise of the will and the exercise will be found to be of
great value, as it enables the blood to circulate freely to and from the brain and body.
31. Tensions leads to mental unrest and abnormal mental activity of the mind; it produces worry,
care, fear and anxiety. Relaxation is therefore an absolute necessity in order to allow the mental
faculties to exercise the greatest freedom.
32. Make this exercise as thorough and complete as possible, mentally determine that you will relax
every muscle and nerve, until you feel quiet and restful and at peace with yourself and the world.
33. The Solar Plexus will then be ready to function and you will be surprised at the result.
Part Three Study Questions With Answers
21. What system of nerves is the organ of the Conscious Mind? The Cerebro-spinal System.
22. What system of nerves is the organ of the subconscious mind? The Sympathetic System.
23. What is the central point of distribution for energy which the body is constantly generating?
The solar plexus.
24. How may this distribution be interrupted? By resistant, critical, discordant thoughts, but
25. What is the result of such interruption? Every ill with which the human race is afflicted.
26. How may this energy be controlled and directed? By conscious thought.
27. How may fear be completely eliminated? By an understanding and recognition of the true
source of all power.
28. What determines the experiences with which we meet in life? Our predominant mental attitude.
29. How may we awake the solar plexus? Mentally concentrate upon the condition which we desire
to see manifested in our lives.
30. What is the creative principle of the Universe? The Universal Mind.
Documents you may be interested
Documents you may be interested