view pdf in asp net mvc : Convert pdf photo to text application Library tool html wpf online 99-01171-part831

A commercial instruction permit: Valid for 
a 6-month period. You must be at least 18 
to apply. For additional information, see 
the Commercial Driver License Manual, 
available by calling one of the numbers on 
page 4.
Graduated License (Class G) 
A graduated driver license is issued to an 
applicant who is at least 16, but less than 
18, years of age and is valid to operate any 
vehicle that does not require a motorcycle 
or commercial license.
For the first 6 months, a driver with a 
graduated driver license shall not drive 
a motor vehicle between the hours of 
midnight and 5:00 a.m. unless:
• A parent or legal guardian with a valid 
Class A, B, C or D license occupies the 
front passenger seat or;
• Driving directly to or from a sanctioned 
school-sponsored activity,  place of 
employment, a sanctioned religious 
activity or a family emergency.
For the first 6 months, a driver with a 
graduated driver license shall not drive a 
motor vehicle containing more than one 
passenger under the age of 18, unless:
• The passengers are the teen driver’s 
siblings or;
• The teen driver is accompanied by a 
parent or legal guardian with a valid 
Class A, B, C or D driver license who 
occupies the front passenger seat.
If you receive a citation, you may be 
eligible to attend the Arizona Supreme 
Court’s Defensive Driving Program.  Please 
read the information provided with your 
citation carefully for information about 
your options. 
The following penalties are for drivers 
who are under age 18, have a graduated 
driver license,  and are convicted of a traffic 
First conviction of a traffic violation:
• Must attend Traffic Survival School.
• Violation goes on driving record.
Second conviction of a traffic violation:
• 3-month suspension of driving 
• Violation goes on driving record.
Third conviction of a traffic violation:
• 6-month suspension of driving 
• Violation goes on driving record.
There are additional penalties for violation 
of curfew and passenger restrictions, 
including fines and mandatory extension 
of the 6-month restricted driving period.
Suspension of driving privilege results 
for a third conviction of curfew and/
or passenger violations, convictions of 
other violations including alcohol-related 
An applicant for a graduated license must 
have held an Arizona instruction permit 
for at least 6 months. The permit must 
be valid at the time of application. An 
applicant must also have satisfactorily 
completed an Arizona driver education 
program approved by MVD or the parent 
or guardian must certify in writing that the 
applicant has completed at least 30 hours 
of supervised driving practice, including at 
least 10 hours at night.
An applicant holding a current and valid 
out-of-state driver license may be exempt 
from the driver education/driving practice 
and instruction permit requirements.
The holder of a graduated license is not 
required to obtain an operator license at 
age 18, but may choose to obtain one.
Parent/Guardian Approval for 
Applicants Under 18
If you are under 18, your application for an 
instruction permit or driver license must be 
signed by at least one adult. The adult will 
be responsible for any negligence or willful 
misconduct when you are driving. 
Convert pdf photo to text - Convert PDF to txt files in, ASP.NET MVC, WinForms, WPF application
C# PDF to Text (TXT) Converting Library to Convert PDF to Text
convert pdf to openoffice text; converting pdf to editable text
Convert pdf photo to text - VB.NET PDF Convert to Text SDK: Convert PDF to txt files in, ASP.NET MVC, WinForms, WPF application
VB.NET Guide and Sample Codes to Convert PDF to Text in .NET Project
pdf image to text; convert pdf picture to text
Motor Vehicle Division
The application must be signed by:
• One natural/adoptive parent, if 
married to the other natural/adoptive 
parent, or
• Both natural/adoptive parents, if not 
married to each other, but share joint 
custody, or
• One natural/adoptive parent with sole 
If neither parent is living:
• Legal guardian (proof required), or
• Foster parent living with the minor 
(proof required), or
• Employer of the minor (death 
certificates must be shown).
The signatures must be witnessed by an
MVD agent or by a notary public. Signatures 
obtained for an instruction permit will be 
required again for a driver license.
The person who signed the application
for the minor, as well as the person with
responsibility for the minor, may cancel
the minor’s license. The license may be
canceled by submitting a “Driver License/
ID Cancellation Request“ available online
or at any driver license office or by phone 
(see numbers on page 1) or by sending a
notarized letter authorizing the cancellation 
to: Motor Vehicle Division, P.O. Box 2100, Mail 
Drop 533M, Phoenix, AZ 85001. Indicate the 
license number, full name and date of birth 
of the person whose license is to be canceled.
Selective Service Registration
Federal law requires that every male United 
States citizen and male alien residing in the 
United States or its territories must register 
with the U.S. Selective Service System within 
30 days of his 18th birthday.  Arizona law 
requires that by submitting an application 
for an original, renewal or reinstatement
driver license or identification card, male
applicants under 26 years of age consent 
to registration with the Selective Service
as part of the application process.  When 
submitting an application for a duplicate 
driver license or identification card, male
applicants under 26  years of age have the 
option to consent to registration as part of 
the application process.
Registering with Selective Service does
not mean that you are joining the military.  
Registration provides the federal government 
with an accurate list of males who might be 
called to military service if a return to the draft 
is authorized by Congress and the President.
If you are 18 to 25 years of age, registration 
information will immediately be sent to 
Selective Service. If you are under 18, 
information will be stored and automatically 
sent to the Selective Service when you 
reach age 18. Selective Service will send 
you a Registration Acknowledgment Card 
when your registration is complete.
For more information, call Selective Service 
toll-free at 1.888.655.1825 or
Operator License (Class D)
An operator license allows you to drive any 
vehicle that does not require a motorcycle 
or commercial license. You must be at least 
18 years of age to apply for an operator 
Motorcycle License (Class M)
A motorcycle license or endorsement is 
required to drive a motorcycle or motor-
driven cycle. You must be at least 16 to 
apply for a motorcycle license.
An applicant for a motorcycle license or 
endorsement who is under 18 must have 
held an Arizona instruction permit for at 
least 6-months. The permit must be valid 
at the time of application. An applicant 
must also have satisfactorily completed 
a motorcycle driver education program 
that is approved by MVD or the parent or 
guardian must certify in writing that the 
applicant has completed at least 30 hours 
of supervised motorcycle driving practice.
An applicant holding an out-of-state
motorcycle license or endorsement may 
be exempt from the driver education/
driving practice and instruction permit 
For additional information, see the
Motorcycle Operator Manual, available
online at or at any MVD or 
Third Party office.
C# PDF insert image Library: insert images into PDF in, ASP
vector images to PDF file. Import graphic picture, digital photo, signature and logo into PDF document. Ability to put image into
convert pdf to txt file online; convert pdf to text open source
VB.NET PDF insert image library: insert images into PDF in
Once the photo is inserted, its attributes, for As String = Program.RootPath + "\\" 1.pdf" Dim doc New PDFDocument(inputFilePath) ' Get a text manager from
c# extract text from pdf; convert pdf to plain text
Commercial Driver License (Class A, B or C)
A commercial driver license (CDL) is
required for operating a commercial motor
vehicle grouped by the following classes:
• Class A: Any vehicle combination 
(truck and trailer) with the Gross 
Combination Weight Rating if the  
of 26,001 lbs. or more, provided the 
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) 
of trailer(s) are 10,001 lbs. or more.
• Class B: A single vehicle with a GVWR 
of 26,001 lbs. or more, or any such 
vehicle towing a trailer not in excess 
of 10,000 lbs GVWR.
• Class C: A single vehicle not in excess 
of 26,000 lbs. GVWR, but is designed 
to transport 16 or more passengers, 
including the driver or is required to 
be placarded to transport hazardous 
materials. A Passenger (P) or a 
Hazardous Materials Endorsement 
(HME) is required to obtain a Class C 
You are required to submit a copy of your
Medical Examiner Certificate, form #40-
1504 when you apply for a commercial
driver license or renew an existing license.
Incomplete or inaccurate information on
the examination certificate may result in
suspension or denial of the license. You
must maintain your medical qualification
with MVD and must submit a copy of your
examination certificate every 24 months to
the MVD Medical Review Program.
Failure to do so may result in suspension of
your commercial driving privilege.
Identification (ID) Card
The identification card
is available to all ages
(including infants) for
$12. Persons over the
age of 65 or anyone re-
ceiving Federal Supple-
mental Security Income
disability checks receive
the card free of charge.
You may not possess an
identification card and
a driver license at the
same time. 
An Arizona ID Card with a photo allows law 
enforcement agencies to rapidly distribute 
your child’s information and photograph in 
the event of an AMBER ALERT.
A new photo will be needed as your child 
grows and changes.  Photo updates are 
available at MVD offices. A duplicate 
identification card with the new photo 
costs only $12. 
What do I need to bring to MVD?
See: “Items needed to obtain a license or ID.” 
The child’s Social Security number is
required. It will be used to verify the 
child’s identity and to comply with federal 
and state laws.  It will not be used as the  
identification card number. 
Required for a Driver License or 
ID Card
Identification and Proof of Age
The following listing is subject to change. 
MVD reserves the right to review, consider 
and request additional information and 
documentation in making determinations 
regarding age, identity and authorized 
presence. Please check our website for 
• You need two types of documents 
listed — one must have a clear photo 
of you, or;
• Three documents listed with no photo.
One must be listed under “Primary” (below).
• All must be originals or copies 
certified by the issuing agency.
• All must be in English.
PRIMARY (must include Date of Birth)
Social Security number is required to verify 
identity and to comply with federal and 
state laws.
• Enhanced Driver License or Enhanced 
ID Card issued by any state in the 
US — (Evidenced by the word 
“Enhanced” printed on the card.)
• Enhanced Tribal Card (Tohono 
O’odham Nation, Kootenai Tribe and 
Pascua Yaqui Tribe) 
VB.NET Image: Mark Photo, Image & Document with Polygon Annotation
SDK can easily generate polygon annotation on PDF file without using external PDF editing software. For example, if you want to add text annotation on your
convert pdf to text online no email; convert pdf to text file
VB.NET Image: Image Resizer Control SDK to Resize Picture & Photo
VB.NET Image & Photo Resizing Overview. The VB.NET image drawing application to draw text & graphics powerful & profession imaging controls, PDF document, image
convert pdf to txt format online; convert pdf file to text online
Motor Vehicle Division
• Birth Certificate issued by any state, 
territory or possession of the US 
(Hospital records/certificates and 
California Certified Abstracts of Birth 
are not acceptable.)
• Delayed Birth Certificate issued by 
any state, territory or possession of 
the US.
• US Certificate of Birth Abroad
• US Passport or Passport Card
• Arizona ID Card
• Tribal Certificate of Indian Blood
• Tribal or Bureau of Indian Affairs 
Affidavit of Birth.
• Foreign Passport with US Visa or Visa 
Waiver I-94W (Green) or Admission 
Stamp (classes WB & WT eligible for ID 
card only).
• I-94 Form presented without 
passport. If without photo, must also 
provide other acceptable form of 
state ID.
• Permanent Resident Card/Resident 
Alien Card, I-551.
• USCIS Employment Authorization 
Card (EAC), except for an EAC with 
one of the following category codes: 
A11 (Deferred Enforced Departure), 
C14 (Deferred Action).
• Refugee Travel Document I-571
• US Certificate of Naturalization
• US Certificate of Citizenship
• US Military DD-214
• US Military ID Card (active duty, 
reserve and retired)
• Record of a previous Arizona Driver 
License, ID Card or Instruction Permit
• Affidavit of Identification (with photo 
and within 15 days of issue) from 
Arizona Department of Corrections.
• Released Offender ID (with photo) 
from Arizona Department of 
• ALPHA Program/Community Re-Entry 
ID from the Maricopa County Sheriff’s 
• Affidavit of Identification (with photo 
and within 15 days of issue) from the 
Maricopa County Adult Probation 
SECONDARY (does not have to include 
Date of Birth)
• Driver License, ID Card or Instruction 
Permit issued by any state, territory or 
possession of the US.
• Arizona Certificate of Birth (Foreign 
• Social Security Card
• US Military Dependent ID Card
• US Armed Forces Driver License
• US Department of Veterans Affairs 
• US Department of Justice Inmate ID 
• Motor Vehicle Record or Clearance 
Letter (within 30 days of issue)
• Legal Guardian Certificate
• Selective Service Card
• W-2 Form
• Concealed Weapons Permit
• Medical Insurance ID Card (including 
• Professional License
• Bank Card
• Credit Card
• Employee ID Badge (with photo)
• School ID (with photo)
• Marriage Certificate issued by any 
state, territory or possession of the US
• Certified Letter of Identification for a 
Ward of the Court, issued by a court 
or government agency in the US
• Decrees from Court of Record:
- Adoption
- Bankruptcy
- Divorce
- Emancipation
- Legal Guardian
- Name Change
Duplicate License
You may obtain a duplicate license for $12 if 
you meet one of the following criteria:
• Your Arizona driver license or 
VB.NET Image: Image Cropping SDK to Cut Out Image, Picture and
function from following aspects. Key functions of VB.NET image cropper control SDK; VB.NET image cropping method to crop picture / photo;
converting pdf to editable text for; convert pdf to word for editing text
VB.NET Image: Image Scaling SDK to Scale Picture / Photo
A 1: Using this VB.NET image scaling control SDK API, developer can only scale one image / picture / photo at a time in .NET class application.
convert pdf to .txt file; converting image pdf to text
identification card is lost, stolen, 
destroyed, or becomes unreadable. 
(If your license has been lost or stolen 
and you have reason to believe 
someone else is using it, the incident 
should be reported to your local 
police department as an identity 
• Your address or name changes.
• You wish to update your photo.
• You wish to remove your Social 
Security number from your license.
• You wish to convert a graduated 
license to an under 21 driver license.
• You wish to convert an under 21 
license to a regular driver license.
• You must provide two acceptable 
items of identification. If your name 
has changed, you will need to present 
identification in both your new and 
previous names (i.e., court document).
A duplicate license may be obtained
online at or by calling 
toll-free 1.877.301.8093 and using a major 
credit card.
If your license was issued prior to July 1995, 
you must visit an MVD office to obtain
the duplicate so that your photo may be 
Applying for a Title and 
When you buy a vehicle, Arizona law
requires that you apply for a title within 15 
days of purchase or transfer. If your vehicle 
was registered in another state and you
wish to operate it in Arizona, you must
register it here as soon as you become an 
Arizona resident (see “Resident Definition” 
on page 7).
Most vehicles may be registered for
either 1- or 2-year periods. (Some vehicles 
must be emission tested every year and
are, therefore, not eligible for 2-year
A 5-year registration option is offered for
vehicles that do not require an emissions
test during the five years of the registration 
How much does it cost to title and 
register my vehicle?
Title Fee ....................................................$4
Registration Fee - 
in air quality attainment areas ..............$8
in air quality non-attainment areas ...$8.25      
Annual Air Quality Fee (AQF) ............$1.50
Vehicle License Tax (VLT) ...........................*
*The VLT fee is based on an assessed value 
of 60% of the manufacturer’s base retail 
price reduced by 16.25% for each year since 
the vehicle was first registered in Arizona 
(15% before 8/1/98).  The rate is calculated 
at $2.80 (new vehicles)/$2.89 (used vehicles) 
for each $100 of the assessed value.
For example, in addition to registration/for 
a new vehicle that costs $25,000, the first 
year assessed value would be $15,000 and 
the VLT would be $420.00. The second year 
the assessed value would be $12,562.50 
and the VLT would be $363.06. 
Your vehicle may require an emission
test. For information on emissions testing 
requirements, call 1.877.692.9227 or online 
If the vehicle has commercial registration, 
additional weight and commercial
registration fees may apply.
Renewals can be completed online at via mail, in an MVD 
office, or an Authorized Third Party
office. Renewals must be submitted or 
postmarked on or before midnight on 
the due date (15th day of the month for 
some, last day of the month for others) 
or you will be subject to late penalty 
fees. Review your registration document 
If you do not receive a renewal notice 
before the end of the registration period, 
you must still renew by the expiration date.
90-Day Resident Registration
An Arizona resident who does not have 
complete documentation for issuance of 
a title or registration may apply for a 90-
day Resident Registration. This registration 
allows you to operate the vehicle while 
obtaining additional documentation. The 
fee is $15. When complete documentation 
VB.NET Image: How to Save Image & Print Image Using VB.NET
is developed to help VB.NET programmers save & print image / photo / picture from ASP Capable of saving and printing multi-page document files, like PDF and Word
convert pdf to word editable text; conversion of pdf image to text
C# Image: How to Add Antique & Vintage Effect to Image, Photo
creating control add-on is widely used in modern photo editors, which We are dedicated to provide powerful & profession imaging controls, PDF document, tiff
convert scanned pdf to editable text; convert pdf to text for
Motor Vehicle Division
is submitted, vehicle license taxes will be 
calculated for the full year, back to the 
date of issuance of the 90-day Resident 
Temporary Registrations
A plate cannot be displayed on another 
vehicle until the title and registration 
have been processed through MVD or an 
Authorized Third Party. If it is necessary 
to operate the vehicle to complete this 
transaction, the owner must obtain a 
Restricted Use 3-Day Permit for private 
sales or a Temporary Registration Plate 
(TRP) for vehicles purchased from a
licensed motor vehicle dealer.
When You Sell Your Vehicle
When you sell your vehicle, fill in the transfer 
information on the back of the vehicle title, 
have it notarized and give it to the new 
owner. You must also complete a Sold Notice 
on the back of the registration or online at
Plate and Fee To Owner (PFTO)
• Plate stays with you when your 
vehicle is sold.
• Get credit for remaining fees when 
you transfer plate and fees to another 
vehicle or apply for a refund.
Processing fee required ($12).
Arizona law provides that a license plate 
belongs to you, the vehicle owner. When 
that vehicle is sold, you remove and retain 
the plate.
You must remove the plate upon sale 
of the vehicle, then within 30 days you 
are required to take one of the following 
actions through MVD or an Authorized 
Third Party provider:
• Transfer the plate to another vehicle, or;
• Turn in the plate, or;
• Submit a signed statement that the 
plate was destroyed, lost, stolen, or 
Don't wait. Credit reduces each month 
not used unless you have taken one of the 
previously listed actions.
Apply for a plate credit refund online at
Vehicle Inspection Program
The Vehicle Inspection Program provides 
vehicle inspections for the purpose of 
detecting stolen vehicles or stolen vehicle 
parts before the vehicle is titled and 
registered in this state. 
These inspections only apply to those 
vehicles that are being registered for 
the first time in Arizona or vehicles that 
have been restored, salvaged or are 
of questionable identity. The vehicle 
inspection program consists of three levels 
of inspections:
• Level I inspections are typically 
performed on vehicles coming to 
Arizona from another country, or 
through either the bonded title 
or abandoned vehicle verification 
process. A Level I  inspection may 
be required for first-time Arizona 
registration of  an out-of-state vehicle.  
There is no fee.
• Level II inspections are performed on 
vehicles when a public or secondary 
vehicle identification number is 
missing or appears to have been 
altered or modified. These inspections 
are also performed on reconstructed 
and specially constructed vehicles. 
There is a $20 fee.
• Level III inspections are performed 
on most salvage titled vehicles or 
vehicles found to have salvage status 
brands on major component parts.  
There is a $50 fee.
Items Needed for a Title and 
The following steps must be taken in order 
to obtain an Arizona title, registration and 
license plate for a vehicle previously titled 
or registered in another state. This is general 
information only. Any title and registration 
action may present special requirements.
C# PDF remove image library: remove, delete images from PDF in C#.
NET delete PDF pages, VB.NET convert PDF to SVG. vector image, graphic picture, digital photo, scanned signature remove multiple or all images from PDF document.
converting pdf to text; convert pdf to rich text
VB.NET PDF remove image library: remove, delete images from PDF in
PDF to text, C#.NET convert PDF to images image, graphic picture, digital photo, scanned signature Except PDF text processing function, RasterEdge XDoc.PDF for
best pdf to text converter for; convert scanned pdf to text online
Emission Test
Before you register, your vehicle may
need to be emission tested.  The Arizona 
Department of Environmental Quality
(ADEQ) is responsible for vehicle emission 
Vehicles Commuting Into the Emissions 
Inspection Area
Arizona law requires that if a vehicle is
being driven to work from an area that
does not require an emission test, into an 
area that does require emission testing, the 
vehicle must be emission tested. 
For current information concerning
emission test requirements, commuting,
including exemptions and fees, call toll-
free 1.877.692.9227, 24 hours, or online at
Vehicle Insurance
Every motor vehicle operated on the
roadways of this state must be covered
by an insurance liability policy issued by 
a company that is licensed to do business 
in Arizona. The policy must be an Arizona-
based policy that reflects where the vehicle 
is predominantly being operated.
Minimum levels of financial responsibility 
for private passenger vehicles are:
• $15,000 bodily injury liability for one 
person and $30,000 for two or more 
• $10,000 property damage liability.
You must have current proof of that
insurance in the vehicle, when operating 
the vehicle. Law enforcement officers
will ask you for proof of insurance at the 
time of traffic stops or crashes. Insurance 
companies notify MVD of all policy
cancellations, non-renewals, and new
policies. If your insurance company sends 
MVD a notice that your policy is no longer 
active, we will send you an inquiry notice to 
verify insurance status.
It is important that you verify that the
vehicle identification number (VIN)
supplied by your insurance company
matches the VIN on your vehicle
registration.  If it does not match, ask
your insurance company to resubmit 
the correct VIN.  To verify your insurance 
coverage on file with MVD, please visit and click on “Insurance 
Failure to maintain proper insurance with a 
correct VIN on file with MVD could lead to 
the suspension of your vehicle registration 
and/or driver license. To reinstate these 
privileges, fees and future proof of 
financial responsibility must be filed with 
MVD. The future proof requirement is 
most commonly an SR-22 form from an 
insurance company. This can be expensive 
to the vehicle owner, especially since the 
law requires the owner to carry the SR-22 
for 3 years from the date of suspension.
License Plates
Out-of-state license plates must be 
surrendered when you obtain Arizona 
plates. Personalized and special plates 
are available for most vehicles. Check 
our website at for 
examples of available special plates.
When you register a vehicle in Arizona 
for the first time or renew an existing 
registration, you receive a license plate tab 
that includes the month and the year the 
registration expires and the plate number. 
Registration Compliance Program
Millions of dollars are uncollected annually 
due to failure to comply with Arizona’s 
Registration Laws.  State law requires that 
new residents obtain an Arizona driver 
license and register vehicles immediately.
MVD’s Registration Compliance Program 
educates the public on Arizona Vehicle 
Motor Vehicle Division
Registration Laws (see page 9, “Resident
To report a resident of Arizona who is not 
in compliance with Arizona registration
laws, call 1.800.657.4322 or report a violator 
online: then
click on the Registration Compliance
Violators tab.
Alternative Fuel Vehicles (AFV)
AFVs are those vehicles exclusively
powered by liquified petroleum gas
(propane), natural gas (CNG/LNG), a
blend of 70% alternative fuel and 30%
petroleum-based fuel, hydrogen, solar
or electric (excluding golf carts). Original
equipment manufactured AFVs, less than
two model years old, may be exempt from 
the emissions testing requirement. 
Call the Arizona Department of
Environmental Quality (ADEQ) at
602.771.3954 to determine if your vehicle
is exempt. Hydrogen, solar and electric
vehicles are exempt from all emissions
testing requirements.
For more information about AFV
exemptions, visit the ADEQ website If you have technical
questions regarding AFV contact ADEQ’s
Vehicle Emissions Inspection Program by
calling 602.771.3950 or visiting us online at
AFVs are eligible for a lower tax rate and
are issued a special license plate or decal
allowing the use of the HOV “carpool”
freeway lanes anytime regardless of the
number of passengers.
Partnership Programs
Partnership Programs coordinate MVD’s
e-government activities and oversee the
authorization of public and private entities, 
known as third parties, to provide MVD
services. These alternative service delivery 
methods provide convenience to Arizona
residents and businesses that need motor 
vehicle or driver license services while
keeping MVD's expenses in line, even as
the state continues to grow.
Third party partners are required to meet 
MVD standards and meet established
deadlines for reporting their activities. 
Examples of these e-government and
partnership alternatives are:
ServiceArizona is MVD’s online service
option.  Customers can use ServiceArizona.
com to conduct a variety of motor vehicle 
and driver license transactions (see p.6 for a 
list of services).  ServiceArizona self-service 
centers are available at many MVD offices, 
providing a convenient option for faster 
In addition to online registration renewal, 
customers may renew (toll free) by
telephone by following the voice prompts 
at 1.888.713.3031.
Third Party Services
Third party providers are authorized to 
offer most MVD title, registration and
driver license services. They often offer 
convenient extended hours on weekends 
and evenings. Convenience fees may
apply. MVD monitors the quality of
third party work to ensure it meets state 
standards.  For a list of MVD Third Party 
offices, visit
Driver Services
Motor Vehicle Division’s Authorized
Third Party driver training schools offer
education and behind the wheel training 
for new drivers and for those who wish to 
brush up on their driving skills.  The schools, 
are required to teach MVD’s training
curriculum, based on national standards.  
MVD, in collaboration with the Arizona
Department of Education, also certifies
high school driver education programs.
Commercial Driver License Examiners
Many public and private sector entities
in Arizona have MVD-certified examiners 
who are authorized to administer the
demonstration skill test to applicants
for the commercial driver license (CDL).
These third parties include school districts, 
government agencies at all levels and
businesses that have employees who
mirrors. Before putting the vehicle in 
motion, check your turn signals and brakes 
to ensure they are in working order.
Arizona's Safety Belt Law  (Buckle Up 
Each front seat occupant of a motor vehicle 
per federal and state motor vehicle safety 
standards must either:
• Have the lap and shoulder belt 
properly adjusted and fastened while 
the vehicle is in motion, or
• If only a lap belt is installed where the 
occupant is sitting, the lap belt must be 
properly adjusted and fastened while 
the vehicle is in motion.
The operator of a motor vehicle must 
require all passengers under the age of 16 
years to buckle up.
A combination lap/shoulder belt greatly 
reduces your chances of being seriously 
injured in a motor vehicle crash. The lap 
belt prevents ejection and protects your 
lower body. The shoulder belt keeps your 
head and chest from striking the dashboard 
or windshield. In vehicles with automatic 
shoulder belts and manual lap belts, it is 
extremely important to buckle the lap belt.
Child Car Seat Safety Information 
(Buckle Up Children!)
Seat belts alone are not designed for 
children.  State and federal laws require that 
children are secured in an age-appropriate 
child passenger restraint system until they 
are 8 years of age, or at least four feet, nine 
inches tall.
If you see an unrestrained child in a moving 
vehicle, please call 1.800.505.BABY with the 
vehicle plate number, city, and location of 
the child in the vehicle.
require the CDL, as well as driving schools 
that  specialize in CDL instruction.
Third Party Inspection
Third Party providers, many of them motor 
vehicle dealerships, are authorized by MVD 
to perform Level I inspections.  If necessary, 
vehicles are referred to MVD for a Level II or 
Level III inspection.
Traffic Survival School Program
The Traffic Survival School Program is
designed for drivers who have convictions 
for serious driving violations, have an
accumulation of points on their driving
record or are at risk for having their driving 
privilege suspended.  The program goal
is to change or modify risky or unsafe
driving behavior.  Traffic survival schools
are licensed by the Arizona Chapter of
the National Safety Council (NSC).  NSC
qualifies instructors to teach the MVD-
approved curriculum.  A list of currently
authorized traffic survival schools can be
found online:
Before You Drive
Your vehicle must have no defective
or missing equipment.  The following
equipment should be in working order:
• Brakes
• Speedometer
• Turn signals
• Windshield (intact)
• Horn
• Tires in good condition
• Seat belts
• Driver and front passenger side 
• Emergency flashers
Upon entering the vehicle, adjust your seat 
and steering wheel, rear view and outside 
Motor Vehicle Division
Drivers transporting more than one child 
must secure as many children in child
passenger restraint devices as reasonable 
given the size of the passenger area and 
number of passengers being transported. 
Child safety seats must meet U.S.
Department of Transportation safety
standards and must be used by
following manufacturer’s and automobile 
manufacturer’s instructions.
Air bags can save lives and prevent serious 
injuries. They are intended to be used with 
safety belts.  Children age 12 years and 
under should never ride in the front seat of 
a vehicle.   If a child must ride in the front 
seat, turn the front seat passenger side 
air bag indicator to the off position, if the 
vehicle does not have an automatic sensor.
Governor’s Office of Highway Safety
For more information on safety issues,
contact the Arizona Governor’s Office
of Highway Safety. In Phoenix call
602.255.3216; statewide call toll-free
1.877.355.3216; or online at
Travel Information Service
With a rapidly growing
travelers need current travel 
information fast.  Dial 511 any 
time, day or night for up-to-
the-minute reports about:
• Traffic Conditions and Road Closures
• Transit
• Airports
• Tourism
• Metro Region Quick Reports
Just dial 511 and press the star key (*) to 
activate the system’s touch tone mode 
and you will be guided through the 
available features.  You may also use the 
voice-activated prompts.  When using 
voice activation, please listen to the entire 
introduction and reduce background
In addition, travel information is available 
via the Internet at
511 and are provided as free 
services by the Arizona Department of 
Check the Vehicle
How safely you can drive starts with 
the vehicle you are driving. It is the 
responsibility of drivers to make certain 
that the vehicles they drive are safe to 
operate.  A vehicle that is unsafe costs more 
to operate than one that is maintained.  
A vehicle in good condition can give you 
an extra safety margin when you need it.  
Your vehicle may be required to have 
an emission inspection at an authorized 
Inspection Station.  If the vehicle does not 
pass, you will be given 30 days to have 
the problem fixed and have a follow-up 
emission test re-check.
Follow your vehicle owner’s manual for 
routine maintenance.  Some maintenance 
you can do yourself and some must be 
done by a qualified technician.  A few 
simple checks will help prevent trouble on 
the road.
All Truck and Trailers
Secure and Cover Loads!
According to Arizona law, “A person shall 
not drive or move a vehicle on a highway 
unless the vehicle is constructed or loaded 
in a manner to prevent any of its load from 
dropping, sifting, leaking or otherwise 
escaping from the vehicle.”(A.R.S. 28-
Documents you may be interested
Documents you may be interested