7. Then comes the process of visualization. You must see the picture more and more complete, see
the detail, and, as the details begin to unfold the ways and means or bringing it into manifestation
will develop. One thing will lead to another. Thought will lead to action, action will develop
methods, methods will develop friends, and friends will bring about circumstances, and, finally, the
third step, or Materialization, will have been accomplished.
8. We all recognize the Universe must have been thought into shape before it ever could have
become a material fact. And if we are willing to follow along the lines of the Great Architect of the
Universe, we shall find our thoughts taking form, just as the Universe took concrete form. It is the
same mind operating through the individual. There is no difference in kind or quality, the only
difference is one of degree.
9. The architect visualizes his building, he sees it as he wishes it to be. His thought becomes a
plastic mold from which the building will eventually emerge, a high one or a low one, a beautiful
one or a plain one, his vision takes form on paper and eventually the necessary material is utilized
and the building stands complete.
10. The inventor visualizes his idea in exactly the same manner, for instance, Nikola Tesla, one of
the greatest inventors of all ages, the man who has brought forth the most amazing realities, always
visualizes his inventions before attempting to work them out. He did not rush to embody them in
form and then spend his time in correcting defects. Having first built up the idea in his imagination,
he held it there as a mental picture, to be reconstructed and improved by his thought. "In this way,"
he writes in the Electrical Experimenter. "I am enabled to rapidly develop and perfect a conception
without touching anything. When I have gone so far as to embody in the invention every possible
improvement I can think of, and see no fault anywhere, I put into concrete, the product of my brain.
Invariably my devise works as I conceived it should; in twenty years there has not been a single
11. If you can conscientiously follow these directions, you will develop Faith, the kind of Faith that
is the "Substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." You will develop
confidence, the kind of confidence that leads to endurance and courage. You will develop the
power of concentration which will enable you to exclude all thoughts except the ones which are
associated with your purpose.
12. The law is that thought will manifest in form, and only one who knows how to be the divine
thinker of his own thoughts can ever take a Master's place and speak with authority.
13. Clarity and accuracy are obtained only by repeatedly having the image in mind. Each repeated
action renders the image more clear and accurate than the preceding, and in proportion to the clarity
and accuracy of the image will the outward manifestation be. You must build it firmly and securely
in your mental world, the world within, before it can take form in the world without, and you can
build nothing of value, even in the mental world unless you have the proper material. When you
have the material you can build anything you wish, but make sure of your material. You cannot
make broadcloth from shoddy.
14. This material will be brought out by millions of silent mental workers and fashioned into the
form of the image which you have in mind.
15. Think of it! You have over five million of these mental workers, ready and in active use – they
are called brain cells. Besides this, there is another reserve force of at least an equal number, ready
to be called into action at the slightest need. Your power to think, then, is almost unlimited, and this
means that your power to create the kind of material which is necessary to build for yourself any
kind of environment which you desire is practically unlimited.
16. In addition to these millions of mental workers, you have billions of mental workers in the
body, every one of which is endowed with sufficient intelligence to understand and act upon any
message or suggestion given. These cells are all busy creating and recreating the body, but, in
addition to this, they are endowed with psychic activity whereby they can attract to themselves the
substance necessary for perfect development.
17. They do this by the same law and in the same manner that every form of life attracts to itself the
necessary material for growth. The oak, the rose, the lily, all require certain material for their most
perfect expression and they secure it by silent demand, the Law of Attraction, the most certain way
for you to secure what you require for your most complete development.
18. Make the Mental Image. Make it clear, distinct, perfect. Hold it firmly. The ways and means
will develop. Supply will follow the demand. You will be led to do the right thing at the right time
and in the right way. Earnest Desire will bring about Confident Expectation, and this in turn must
be reinforced by Firm Demand. These three cannot fail to bring about Attainment, because the
Earnest Desire is the feeling, the Confident Expectation is the thought, and the Firm Demand is the
will, and, as we have seen, feeling gives vitality to thought and the will holds it steadily until the
law of Growth brings it into manifestation.
19. Is it not wonderful that man has such tremendous power within himself, such transcendental
faculties concerning which he had no conception? Is it not strange that we have always been taught
to look for strength and power "without?" We have been taught to look everywhere but "within"
and whenever this power manifested in our lives we were told that it was something supernatural.
20. There are many who have come to an understanding of this wonderful power, and who make
serious and conscientious efforts to realize health, power and other conditions, and seem to fail.
They do not seem able to bring the Law into operation. The difficulty in nearly every case is that
they are dealing with externals. They want money, power, health and abundance, but they fail to
realize that these are effects and can come only when the cause is found.
21. Those who will give no attention to the world without will seek only to ascertain the truth, will
look only for wisdom, will find that this wisdom will unfold and disclose the source of all power,
that it will manifest in thought and purpose which will create the external conditions desired. This
truth will find expression in noble purpose and courageous action.
22. Create ideals only, give no thought to external conditions, make the world within beautiful and
opulent and the world without will express and manifest the condition which you have within. You
will come into a realization of your power to create ideals and these ideals will be projected into the
world of effect.
23. For instance, a man is in debt. He will be continually thinking about the debt, concentrating on
it, and as thoughts are causes the result is that he not only fastens the debt closer to him, but
actually creates more debt. He is putting the great Law of Attraction into operation with the usual
and inevitable result – Loss leads to greater "Loss."
24. What, then, is the correct principle? Concentrate on the things you want, not on the things you
do not want. Think of abundance; idealize the methods and plans for putting the Law of Abundance
into operation. Visualize the condition which the Law of Abundance creates; this will result in
25. If the law operates perfectly to bring about poverty, lack and every form of limitation for those
who are continually entertaining thoughts of lack and fear, it will operate with the same certainty to
bring about conditions of abundance and opulence for those who entertain thoughts of courage and
26. This is a difficult problem for many. We are too anxious. We manifest anxiety, fear, and
distress. We want to do something; we want to help. We are like a child who has just planted a seed
and every fifteen minutes goes and stirs up the earth to see if it is growing. Of course, under such
circumstances, the seed will never germinate, and yet this is exactly what many of us do in the
27. We must plant the seed and leave it undisturbed. This does not mean that we are to sit down and
do nothing, by no means. We will do more and better work then we have ever done before, new
channels will constantly be provided, new doors will open. All that is necessary is to have an open
mind, be ready to act when the time comes.
28. Thought force is the most powerful means of obtaining knowledge, and if concentrated on any
subject will solve the problem. Nothing is beyond the power of human comprehension, but in order
to harness thought force and make it do your bidding, work is required.
29. Remember that thought is the fire that creates the steam that turns the wheel of fortune, upon
which your experiences depend.
30. Ask yourself a few questions and then reverently await the response. Do you not now and then
feel the self with you? Do you assert this self or do you follow the majority? Remember that
majorities are always led, they never lead. It was the majority that fought, tooth and nail, against
the steam engine, the power loom and every other advance or improvement ever suggested.
31. For your exercise this week, visualize your friend, see him exactly as you last saw him, see the
room, the furniture, recall the conversation, now see his face, see it distinctly, now talk to him
about some subject of mutual interest; see his expression change, watch him smile. Can you do
this? All right, you can; then arouse his interest, tell him a story of adventure, see his eyes light up
with the spirit of fun or excitement. Can you do all of this? If so, your imagination is good, you are
making excellent progress.
Part Seven Study Questions With Answers
61. What is visualization? The process of making mental pictures.
62. What is the result of this method of thought? By holding the image or picture in mind, we can
gradually but surely bring the thing nearer to us. We can be what we will to be.
63. What is Idealization? It is a process of visualizing or idealizing the plans which will eventually
materialize in our objective world.
64. Why are clearness and accuracy necessary? Because "seeing" creates "feeling" and "feeling"
creates "being." First the mental, then the emotional, then the illimitable possibilities of
65. How are they obtained? Each repeated action renders the image more accurate than the former
66. How is the material for the construction of your mental image secured? By millions of mental
workers. Brain cells they are called.
67. How are the necessary conditions for bringing about the materialization of your ideal in the
objective world secured? By the Law of Attraction. The natural law by which all conditions and
experiences are brought about.
68. What three steps are necessary in order to bring this law into operation? Earnest Desire,
Confident Expectation, Firm Demand.
69. Why do many fail? Because they concentrate on loss, disease and disaster. The law is operating
perfectly; the things they fear are coming upon them.
Documents you may be interested
Documents you may be interested