9. When the process is complete, click OK to close the window.
Time Matters SQL database backups are stored in a different location than backups of Time Matters
document and email files. The default location of SQL backup data is:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Backup or C:\Program Files(x86)
\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Backup
Back up your PCLaw database
1. In PCLaw, go to File > Backup/Restore > Backup Data.
A message window opens, reminding you to ensure that you are the only user running PCLaw. If other
users are running PCLaw, wait until they have exited PCLaw before proceeding.
2. Click Yes to continue.
3. If a window opens displaying a message about what information is included in the backup, click OK to
close the window and continue.
The PCLaw Archive - Export File window opens.
4. Select a location to save your backup file, and enter a file name.
It is recommended that you include the current date in the file name, for easy identification and to avoid
overwriting older backup files.
5. Click Save to create the backup file.
Set up the PCLaw Remote Client Server
Perform these steps on a computer with the full PCLaw client installed, and with network access to other
computers that will use the Remote Client.
1. Create a shared folder on the computer. This folder will be used by remote clients to send requests to
A good idea is to create the shared folder within the existing PCLaw data path, such as:
2. Close all open applications on the computer.
3. In PCLaw, go to Options > Connection Settings.
The Connections Settings screen opens.