Accessing Data and Data Analysis
Using Slice and Dice Mode
To select the calculation:
1. Double-click the calculation icon.
The Calculation On dialog box appears.
2. Select the function(s) you wish to apply, then click OK.
3. Click Apply.
The calculations appear in the report.
For information on how to apply calculations without using slice-and-dice mode,
refer to the BusinessObjects User’s Guide: Report Techniques and Formatting.
You can apply a break on data that is displayed in tables or crosstabs. You
cannot apply a break on a master, or on data that is displayed in a chart.
To apply a break:
1. Select an icon in the Block Structure box, then click Apply Break.
A break icon appears next to or below the icon you selected.
BusinessObjects applies the break to the report.
You can also:
• Redefine a break by double-clicking its icon. In the dialog box that appears,
you can select different attributes for the break.
• Remove a break. To do this, select its icon, then press the Delete key.
For further information on breaks and how to apply them, refer to the
BusinessObjects User’s Guide: Report Techniques and Formatting.
X Using filters to view only the data you need
To apply a filter on data in the report:
1. Select an icon in the Section box or the Block Structure box.
2. Click Apply Filter.
A filter icon appears next to or below the icon you selected.
3. Double-click the filter icon.
The Filter On dialog box appears, where you define the filter you wish to
4. Click OK, then, in the Slice and Dice Panel, click Apply.
The report appears with the filter you applied.
You can also:
• Redefine the filter by double-clicking its icon in the Slice and Dice Panel, then