display pdf in iframe mvc : Rotate all pages in pdf file Library software component .net windows html mvc 2013-2014%20UG%20Catalog%20with%20bookmarks1-part293

11
THOMAS L. BAILEY HALL. Bailey Hall, renovated during the 1981-1982 school
year, houses portions of the Department of Music, the Office of Information
Technology, the Office of Student Housing, the Social Work Department and a
child development center. The name honors the late Thomas L. Bailey, Governor
of the State of Mississippi from 1944 until his death in 1947.
JAMES W. BROOM AND KATHRYN KEENER HALL. Broom and Keener Hall,
formerly Broom Memorial Administration Building, bears the name of the late
James W. Broom, the first president of Delta State University, and Kathryn
Keener, a beloved professor of business. The building provides classroom and
office facilities for the College of Business. 
CHARLES W. CAPPS, JR. ARCHIVES AND MUSEUM. This facility serves Delta
State and the region as a depository for historical, political, social, and geographi-
cal documents and artifacts of importance to the Delta area and the State of
Mississippi.  The  three-story  structure houses  a  museum  gallery  and
reception/seminar room. The second floor serves as the archives collection and
research area.
R.L. CAYLOR/JESSE S. WHITE/ELEANOR BOYD WALTERS HALL. Part of the sci-
ence complex, Caylor-White Hall houses the biological sciences and memorial-
izes the leadership of Dr. R.L. Caylor and Dr. J.S. White. Dr. Caylor served the
University from 1931 until his death in 1958. He conceived the creation of the
Gulf Coast Research Laboratory and lived to see it become a reality. Dr. White
served the University from 1946 until 1979 and was instrumental in developing
an exemplary preprofessional program in the health sciences. Walters Hall hous-
es the physical sciences and mathematics. Walters Hall honors Dr. Eleanor Boyd
Walters, who served the University from 1943 to 1979 in the area of mathemat-
ics.
CHADWICK-DICKSON INTERCOLLEGIATE ATHLETIC BUILDING. A field
house for intercollegiate athletics and physical education instruction was occu-
pied in December, 1975, and dedicated in November, 1976. This facility houses
offices for the athletic director, sports information director, football, baseball,
mens and womens cross country, soccer, tennis, and softball coaches. Also,
there are meeting rooms, dressing rooms, a training room, weight room, and a
laundry room. The name honors two outstanding former coaches: Eugene Berkley
Chadwick, who served Delta State University from 1946 until his retirement in
1973, and Alex D. Dickson, who served as athletic director and head coach in all
sports from 1936 to 1943.
AQUATIC CENTER. Completed in January 2001, the 45,500-square-foot Aquatic
Center includes a 60-meter by 25-yard pool with a movable bulkhead, plus a div-
ing well and enough seating to provide for more than 1,500 swimming enthusi-
asts. The facility includes dressing rooms, training rooms, offices, deck space, bal-
cony setting, skybox, and classrooms. The center emphasizes classroom instruc-
tion, athletic competition, fitness swimming, therapy, and recreation. The facility
is state-of-the-art, allowing DSU to host conference championships and numer-
ous regional and national championships. Funding for the $6.2 million project
was provided by the Mississippi Legislature during its 1998 and 1999 sessions.
BILLY DORGAN, JR. STUDENT PERFORMANCE CENTER. The 15,000-square
foot facility completed in 2005 was made possible by the generous gift of the
Billy Dorgan, Sr. family. The facility is attached to the north side of the current
Chadwick-Dickson Field House in the south end zone of the football stadium.
The Dorgan center is truly a student performance center, enhancing both acade-
mic and athletic performance.
Rotate all pages in pdf file - rotate PDF page permanently in C#.net, ASP.NET, MVC, Ajax, WinForms, WPF
Empower Users to Change the Rotation Angle of PDF File Page Using C#
saving rotated pdf pages; rotate pages in pdf permanently
Rotate all pages in pdf file - VB.NET PDF Page Rotate Library: rotate PDF page permanently in vb.net, ASP.NET, MVC, Ajax, WinForms, WPF
PDF Document Page Rotation in Visual Basic .NET Class Application
save pdf rotated pages; rotate pdf pages on ipad
12
J.A. BUD THIGPEN BASEBALL ANNEX. The 2,500-square-foot facility com-
pleted in 2005 was made possible by the generous donation of the Bud Thigpen
family. The facility is attached to the east side of the current Chadwick-Dickson
Field House in the south end zone of the football stadium. The Thigpen Annex
provides office space for the baseball coaching staff and an enlarged locker room
for the baseball team.
BRYCE GRIFFIS INDOOR PRACTICE FACILITY. The 18,000-square-foot facility
completed in 2000 was made possible by many generous gifts to the baseball
program. The lead gift was made by Mr. and Mrs. Bryce Griffis of Starkville. The
facility is located on the west side of the baseball field. The indoor facility is uti-
lized by the baseball and softball teams for pitching and hitting practice during
inclement weather.
GIBSON-GUNN AVIATION BUILDING. This modern facility was accepted in
August, 1989, and dedicated to instruction of Commercial Aviation on September
19, 1990. Home to the Department of Commercial Aviation, the building is
equipped with the latest in flight simulators and audio visual aids. Funds for this
facility were granted to Delta State University by the Federal Aviation Administra-
tion. It is named after Dr. John C. Gibson, Dean of the College of Business for 36
years, and Dr. Jack W. Gunn, Dean of the University for 16 years.
COMMERCIAL AVIATION FLIGHT INSTRUCTION BUILDING. This hangar and
office complex was occupied in August, 1989, and dedicated in September of
1990. This 27,500-square-foot facility is located at the Cleveland City Airport.
The complex serves as the center for housing the instructional airplanes, and it
provides offices and meeting space for flight instruction conferences. 
JAMES M. EWING HALL. This facility serves the College of Education. The
Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) and the Delta Center for Culture and
Learning also operate from this building. It is named for the late Dr. James Milton
Ewing, third president of Delta State University, who served for fifteen years. 
FERRISS FIELD. The baseball facility for Delta State University was completed in
1971. The facility includes a 1500-seat structural steel stadium, masonry press
box, concession stands, restrooms, and dugouts. The playing field itself is touted
as one of the best collegiate fields in the nation. The facility was named after the
legendary Delta State coach, Dave Boo Ferriss, in July of 1988.
HOLCOMBE-NORWOOD HALL. An addition to the Wright Art Center contains
12,000 square feet of additional space for the Art Department. Within this space
is a sculpture studio and shop, painting and drawing studio, large lecture hall,
photography studio and darkrooms, and exhibiting areas for art work. The names
honor Maxine Boggan Holcombe and Malcolm Norwood, who served alternately
as the Head of the Art Department for over twenty-eight years.
E.R. JOBE HALL. Jobe Hall houses the experimental theatre with a 291-seat audi-
torium, a complete stage area with dimmer light controls, make-up and dressing
area, and fully equipped shop for scenery construction. The second floor is used
primarily as office and classroom space for the History unit and the Theater Arts.
Dr. E.R. Jobe, veteran Mississippi educator whose name the building memorial-
izes, served as first executive secretary of the Board of Trustees, State Institutions
of Higher Learning, and held the position for twenty-three years. 
W.M. KETHLEY HALL. Kethley Hall honors the late President W.M. Kethley, who
came to the University in 1926 and served the institution continuously for thirty
years. The first floor of the building housed administrative offices until the sum-
mer of 2004. Now the first floor houses the Department of Speech and Hearing
VB.NET PDF Page Insert Library: insert pages into PDF file in vb.
doc2.InsertPages(pages, pageIndex) ' Output the new document. to use VB to insert an empty page to a specific location of current PDF file . All Rights Reserved
how to rotate page in pdf and save; change orientation of pdf page
C# PDF Page Insert Library: insert pages into PDF file in C#.net
as how to merge PDF document files by C# code, how to rotate PDF document page This C# demo explains how to insert empty pages to a specific All Rights Reserved
how to rotate a pdf page in reader; rotate single page in pdf
13
Sciences and the Center for Interdisciplinary Geospatial Information
Technologies, including classrooms and offices, while the second floor provides
offices and classrooms for languages and literature and the social sciences. The
building also includes a language laboratory and a writing center.
ODEALIER MORGAN LAUNDRY. The Delta State Laundry was named for Ms.
Odealier J. Morgan on November 7, 2003 representing the first time a Delta State
building has been named after an African American employee. Ms. Morgan
worked in the Delta State Laundry for 47 years and held the distinction of being
the oldest university employee when she retired in the spring of 2003. The laun-
dry was built in 1949 and has been renovated and updated several times since it
opened. The Odealier Morgan Laundry serves university students, faculty, and
staff.
ROBERT E. SMITH SCHOOL OF NURSING. The School of Nursing was named
for Mr. Robert E. Smith in 2009 for his generous scholarships to students. The City
of Cleveland donated the Old City Hospital to Delta State University in 1985. In
1988 and 1989 the Legislature made renovation funds available to convert this
facility into the School of Nursing. This building provides a self-contained atmos-
phere of faculty offices, classrooms, and labs for the educational purposes of
Delta State University graduate and undergraduate student nurses. The 12,000-
square-foot facility was occupied in June, 1991. Since this time, a simulation lab,
classroom expansion, and a computer lab has been completed.
BOLOGNA PERFORMING ARTS CENTER. This architectural masterpiece graces
the Northwest border of our campus. The facility includes a state-of-the-art
theatre that seats 1200 and a 135-seat recital hall. The facility covers 37,000
square feet and includes an 85-foot-high flyway, orchestra pit with lift, acoustical
treatments, modern sound, lighting, and projection equipment. The building is
named for the family of Dr. Nino Bologna of Greenville, Mississippi in recogni-
tion of their outstanding support of the performing arts.
TRAVIS E. PARKER FIELD. The football playing field of Delta State University is
known as Travis E. Parker Field. A site completed in 1970 contains a new con-
crete frame stadium, which is amply lighted for night football and surrounded by
parking facilities. The stadium has 400 chair seats and sufficient prestressed con-
crete seats to accommodate approximately 7,000 persons. A press area provides
space also for visiting coaches and dignitaries. Seating for approximately 2,000
guests is provided on the visitors side of the stadium. The field was named in
honor of Travis E. Red Parker, who was the first Delta State University alumnus
to serve on the Board of Trustees, State Institutions of Higher Learning, serving
from 1972 to 1984. He was president of the Board in 1981-82. 
ROBERTS-LAFORGE LIBRARY. This imposing stone and brick library building
occupies a commanding position on the southeastern edge of the campus. The
library carries the names of the late Senator W.B. Roberts of Rosedale,
Mississippi, in recognition of his service to the State and University as well as the
name of Dr. William F. LaForge, in recognition of his 35 years of service to the
University as Professor of History, Chair of Social Sciences, and Dean of the
College of Arts and Sciences from 1957 until his death in 1992. It houses a grow-
ing and well-chosen collection of books, periodicals, and government docu-
ments, as well as serving as the gateway to a large and expanding number of
electronic resources selected to support the academic programs of Delta State
University. An expansion and renovation of this facility resulted in a beautifully
furnished and well-equipped library that provides expanded collection and study
space, a bibliographic instruction facility, two computer labs, and the
Instructional Resources Center. 
C# PDF File Merge Library: Merge, append PDF files in C#.net, ASP.
C#.NET source code for combining multiple PDF pages together in managed C# code and compatible with all .NET developing choose to create a new PDF file in .NET
rotate all pages in pdf file; rotate pdf pages by degrees
VB.NET PDF File Compress Library: Compress reduce PDF size in vb.
Document and metadata. All object data. File attachment. Flatten visible layers. VB.NET Demo Code to Optimize An Exist PDF File in Visual C#.NET Project.
rotate pages in pdf and save; save pdf rotate pages
14
THE LENA ROBERTS SILLERS CHAPEL. The University Chapel was established in
the fall of 1979. The Chapel, named for Lena Roberts Sillers, is located in the ren-
ovated heating plant, the oldest structure on campus. Made possible through a
grant from Mrs. Walter Sillers, the Chapel is used for religious activities as well as
for social activities, weddings, and meditation. 
WALTER SILLERS COLISEUM. The coliseum is a round structure 182 feet in di-
ameter. For basketball and arena events, there are seats for more than 3,500; for
platform and stage events, the seating exceeds 5,000. In addition to classrooms
and offices, the coliseum provides adequate dressing room facilities for partici-
pants in major and minor sports, and for visiting athletic teams. The name be-
speaks appreciation of the role of the late Walter Sillers of Rosedale, who was a
primary proponent of legislation that authorized the University in 1924 and who
was largely responsible for its location in Cleveland. 
THE H. L. NOWELL UNION. A centrally located, three-story student union
building situated at the south end of the quadrangle was completed in 1974. At
the second-floor level, a balcony encircles the building and provides a panoram-
ic view of campus buildings and the landscape. Lounges, patios, study areas,
meeting rooms, and banquet rooms are provided for student use and campus
meetings. Service areas provide for a bookstore, food court and vending ma-
chines, and post office. The Union also houses offices which provide various stu-
dent services. The building encompasses Scott Hall which first served as the din-
ing hall and later the cafeteria from 1930 to 1966, and from the summer of 1966
to 1974 as the student center. The building is named after H. L. Nowell, who
served the university 38 years in a variety of student services positions. 
GEORGE B. WALKER NATATORIUM. The natatorium, completed in 1969 and
dedicated in 1970, houses an indoor-outdoor pool and auxiliary facilities. Classes
are taught here in swimming, lifesaving, and water safety. The natatorium, which
meets AAU specifications, is open each day for recreational use by students and
faculty. The name commemorates the tremendous public service of Mr. George
B. Walker to the State of Mississippi and especially to Delta State University
when he served as a member of the Board of Trustees, State Institutions of Higher
Learning, from 1936 to 1940. 
HUGH ELLIS WALKER ALUMNI FOUNDATION HOUSE. Delta State alumni
and friends raised the necessary funds and constructed this facility as a gift to the
University. The facility contains over 4,500 square feet for staff offices, work area
and a large social hall for meetings, banquets and other occasions serving the
needs not only of the University and its alumni but of the surrounding communi-
ties as well. The facility was completed and deeded to Delta State in 1990. In
1996, the facility was named for Hugh Ellis Walker, the long-time Director of the
Alumni/Foundation for Delta State University.
THE WEST CARILLON. The West Carillon now housed in the Chapel was a gift
to the University from Mr. and Mrs. C.J. Richardson, Jr., of Cleveland, in honor
and memory of Mrs. Richardsons parents, Mr. and Mrs. J. Parker West. 
HENRY L. WHITFIELD HALL. Whitfield, located in a tree-shaded setting, houses
the Delta Music Institute, DMI recording studios and offices. The first general
meeting of Delta Council was held in this historic building in 1938. The name
honors the late Governor Henry L. Whitfield, who signed the bill creating Delta
State Teachers College on April 29, 1924. 
ROY AND CLARA BELLE WILEY PLANETARIUM. The Roy and Clara Belle Wiley
Planetarium, located in Walters Hall, is named in honor of Mr. Roy Lee Wiley
VB.NET PDF File Merge Library: Merge, append PDF files in vb.net
Combine multiple specified PDF pages in into single one file. without changing the previous two PDF documents at all. VB.NET users can append a PDF file to the
reverse page order pdf online; how to rotate one pdf page
VB.NET PDF Page Delete Library: remove PDF pages in vb.net, ASP.
NET example for how to delete several defined pages from a PDF document Dim detelePageindexes = New Integer() {1, 3, 5, 7, 9} ' Delete pages. All Rights Reserved
rotate pdf page; how to rotate all pages in pdf at once
15
and his wife, Clara Belle Wiley. Mr. Wiley served the University as a teacher of
physics from 1942 to 1975. The Planetarium is used for university astronomy
classes and special showings for school students and the general public. 
FIELDING L. WRIGHT ART CENTER. Renovated in 1997, the Fielding L. Wright
Art Center houses Art Department studio classrooms and contains two galleries
for hanging exhibitions of art, and the permanent collection of the University Art
Department. There are studios for computer graphics, graphic design, general
design, fiber design, ceramics, and printmaking. There are also rooms for art edu-
cation and introduction to art. The Art Center houses a growing permanent col-
lection of art, including original works by Salvador Dali, Kathe Kollwitz, Leonard
Baskin, Marie Hull, William Hollingsworth, Jr., Walter Anderson, and others.
Visitors are welcome to view exhibitions in the galleries daily 8:00-5:00 and dur-
ing openings of shows on an announced schedule. The building is named in
recognition of the contribution to education made by the late Governor Fielding
L. Wright. 
FOREST EARL WYATT CENTER FOR HEALTH, PHYSICAL EDUCATION, AND
RECREATION. The Wyatt Center honors Mr. Forest Earl Wyatt, who was the
guiding force in the development of a strong Physical Education Department. The
Wyatt Gymnasium, occupied in the summer of 1980, houses the Division of
Health, Physical Education, and Recreation. It includes excellent facilities for the
teaching of the modern health and physical education program. 
KENT WYATT HALL. Kent Wyatt Hall honors Dr. Kent Wyatt who served as
Delta State Universitys fifth president from 1975 to his retirement in 1999. Kent
Wyatt Hall houses student services, financial assistance, student business ser-
vices, the registrar, admissions and recruitment, one-card, graduate and continu-
ing studies as well as the administrative offices of the President, Vice President for
Academic Affairs, University Relations, Finance and Administration, Human
Resources, Accounting, Purchasing, Payroll, Information and Planning, and
Institutional Research. The buildings first public use was in April 2004 celebrat-
ing the inauguration of Delta State Universitys seventh president, Dr. John M.
Hilpert.
YOUNG-MAULDIN CAFETERIA. The Young-Mauldin Cafeteria, a circular struc-
ture, provides dining facilities. The Young wing honors thirty-three years of dedi-
cated teaching and personal counsel by Dr. Albert Leon Young, a member of the
faculty when the University opened in 1925. The Mauldin Wing is named for
Miss Katie Durelle Mauldin, who served the University in the capacities of dean
of women, teacher of history, and registrar from 1929 until her retirement in
1961. 
WILLIAM H. ZEIGEL MUSIC CENTER. This spacious, well-lighted building pro-
vides facilities for music. There are large rehearsal rooms for band and choir, a
smart classroom, eight studio offices, ten practice rooms, a computer lab, and
classrooms for music. The name memorializes the significant influence on the
academic program of the University of the late William Henry Zeigel, who came
in 1925 as the first academic dean and served until his retirement in 1947. 
O.W. REILY HEALTH CENTER. The O.W. Reily Health Center, occupied in
November 1975, houses patient rooms, examination and treatment rooms, and
Counseling and Testing. The name memorializes Orville Wain Reily, who
returned to serve his alma mater in 1953, and became dean of students in 1974.
C# PDF File Compress Library: Compress reduce PDF size in C#.net
Compress large-size PDF document of 1000+ pages to smaller one in a short All object data. C# Demo Code to Optimize An Exist PDF File in Visual C#.NET Project.
pdf reverse page order online; pdf expert rotate page
C# PDF Page Delete Library: remove PDF pages in C#.net, ASP.NET
1. public void DeletePages(int[] pageIndexes). Description: Delete specified pages from the input PDF file. Parameters: All Rights Reserved.
rotate pages in pdf online; how to rotate a single page in a pdf document
16
STUDENT HOUSING. Modern and well-equipped residence halls are main-
tained for both men and women. Residence halls for women include Cleveland,
Lawler-Harkins, and Brumby-Castle Hall to house female students. Residence
halls for men include a four-wing Court of Governors (Earl Brewer Hall, Charles
Clark Hall, A. H. Longino Hall, and E.F. Noel Hall) and New Mens residence
hall to house male students. A new residence hall, Foundation Hall, opened in
August, 2010. For family housing, the E.B. Hill apartments and Humphrey Street
apartments provide 75 apartment units. A new apartment complex, University
Apartments, opened in August, 2010
HUGH CAM SMITH, SR. FACILITIES MANAGEMENT. Maintenance facilities are
centralized in an area located on the south side of Maple Street extended be-
tween Canal Street and Bishop Road. These headquarters, occupied in January,
1975, provide offices, conference rooms, lock and key rooms, warehouse areas,
specific shops for each of the trades, and a garage to service all campus vehicles
and equipment. The building honors Hugh C. Smith, Sr., who served as Financial
Secretary for 40 years. 
OTHER BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES. Available services and regulations are
described in more detail under sections titled STUDENT SERVICES and RESI-
DENCE PROCEDURES AND REGULATIONS. A year-round University-operated
swimming pool and numerous tennis courts provide recreational facilities. A
nine-hole golf course on the north side of the campus is available to faculty, staff,
and students who present student or faculty/staff activity cards. 
17
RESIDENCE PROCEDURES AND REGULATIONS
University residence halls are provided for both men and women who are full-
time students. Mens and womens residence halls are under the supervision of
the Director of Housing and Residence Life. Each hall has a hall director who
lives in and is in charge of the building. On-campus living provides living and
learning experiences that enhance the total philosophy of higher education.  All
residence halls are smoke free.
ROOM RESERVATIONS. An application for a room reservation should be ad-
dressed to the Housing Office. A deposit of $50 (check or money order by mail)
should accompany this application. Assignment is made in the order of receipt of
applications, except that a student in residence has first choice both in reserva-
tion and room. The Director of Housing supervises the assignment of rooms and
notifies applicants when assignments are made. If an applicant finds it necessary
to cancel a reservation, the deposit is refunded only if the written cancellation
reaches the Housing Office before August 1st for the fall semester, December 1st
for the spring semester, May 15th for Summer Term I or June 15th for Summer
Term II. Rooms not claimed by 5 p.m. on the first day of classes are reassigned,
and the $50 deposit is forfeited. Room deposits will not be refunded the first two
weeks of any session. Bedrooms have beds or bunks, chests of drawers, desks,
chairs, t.v. cable, telephone, internet access, adequate closet space, and blinds
or shades on the windows. Each student is required to furnish sheets, pillowcas-
es, pillow, blankets, bedspreads, towels, laundry bags, mattress cover, and show-
er curtain (if applicable), all of which should be plainly marked with the owners
name. Curtains are optional. 
PRIVATE ROOMS. Housing does not guarantee private rooms upon request. All
students requesting housing must be assigned and the initial room change
process completed before private rooms are offered. A private room contract will
be issued to all residents living alone on the first Friday of each term, regardless
of the circumstances that caused the single occupancy. The contract offers two
options: (1) Pay an additional fee to guarantee the private room for the semester
only, (2) Reassignment to a new room with a roommate or have a roommate
move into your room. Upon receiving the contract, the resident must respond
immediately either by accepting the private room charge or coming immediately
to the Housing Office for assistance in reassignment with a roommate.  Failure to
follow this process will result in an automatic charge for the private room.
OCCUPANCY OF RESIDENCE HALLS. The opening and closing of halls at the
beginning of the fall semester, at the end of the University year, and at holidays
is announced in sufficient time for a student to make necessary arrangements.
The residence halls are closed during regular University holidays, including
Thanksgiving, Christmas and Spring Vacation and interim periods between
semesters. Your room rent does not include vacation periods or interim periods.
If you have extenuating circumstances, permission may be granted to live on
campus during holidays and semester breaks 
for an additional charge
.  You must
request permission ONE WEEK prior to the closing for the holiday or interim
period.
RESIDENCE HALL REGULATIONS. Only full-time graduate students (enrolled
for 9 or more semester hours) and full-time undergraduate students (enrolled for
12 or more semester hours) may live in University housing. Undergraduate stu-
dents whose hours fall below twelve must secure permission from the Director of
Housing and Residence Life to live or remain in the residence hall. A room occu-
pant is not permitted to remove any furniture from a room, nor is an occupant
permitted to dismantle any furniture. Breakage or mutilation of furniture and
equipment is charged to the individual student. Students are expected to keep
18
their rooms clean and orderly at all times. No change in residence halls may be
made without securing approval of the Director of Housing and Residence Life.
A more detailed set of regulations is listed in the Student Handbook. 
APARTMENT RESERVATION. Application for an apartment for the use of a mar-
ried student or single parent should be made to the Office of Housing and
Residence Life and be accompanied by a deposit of $100 (check or money order
by mail). Assignments are made in order of receipt of application and only after
admission to the University. At the present time there is a waiting list, so apply as
soon as possible.
CONDUCT. The act of registration obliges a student to abide by the rules and
regulations of the University and to observe the standards of conduct expected of
Delta State University students. Students are expected to be familiar with and
abide by the rules, regulations, and code of conduct contained in the University
catalog and the Student Handbook. 
IDENTIFICATION CARD. Students are required to have their ID cards on their
persons at all times when outside their place of University residence. 
STUDENT ACTIVITIES
Student organizations at Delta State Universityleadership, departmental, reli-
gious, social, and honoraryafford opportunities to develop organizational skills,
responsibility, and cooperation as well as provide experiences in social, recre-
ational, and cultural activities. In certain groups, membership is by invitation
only. In others, membership is offered to any student with common interests.
Students are urged to discuss organizations in which they are interested with
their academic advisors or with the Vice President for Student Affairs. 
STUDENT GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION. All students enrolled at Delta State
University automatically become members of the Student Government Associa-
tion. The association functions through three branches: executive, judicial, and
legislative. Its purpose is to deal effectively with all matters of student affairs, to
organize the student body in order that it may work collectively toward the bet-
terment of the University, and to uphold the best traditions at Delta State Univer-
sity. The Vice President for Student Affairs and Director of the Union serve as
advisors for the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the Student Gov-
ernment Association. All actions of the Student Government Association are sub-
ject to review by the President of the University.
STUDENT HANDBOOK. The Delta State Student Handbook is available in the
Office of Student Housing and online on the University website. It contains infor-
mation and regulations applicable to all students. Students are expected to famil-
iarize themselves with and abide by established regulations as stated in both the
Student Handbook and University Bulletin.
STUDENT COURT. As provided for in the Student Government Association Con-
stitution, the Student Court is responsible for the disposition of assigned student
judicial hearings and for interpretations of the Student Government Association
Constitution. The Student Court consists of ten student justices and a Chief Jus-
tice. The Chief Justice of the Student Court is elected from the student body-at-
large during the general elections in the spring. The Chief Justice of the Court
and the President of the Student Government Association jointly select justices
who, with the approval of the Student Senate, constitute the Student Court for the
next full calendar year.
19
Accounting Honor Society
Alpha Delta Mu
Alpha Epsilon Delta
Alpha lota Mu
Alpha Phi Sigma
Beta Beta Beta
Chi Sigma Iota
Delta Mu Delta
Eta Mu Sigma
Finance Honor Society
Gamma Beta Phi
Kappa Delta Pi
Kappa Mu Epsilon
Kappa Omicron Nu
Kappa Pi
Lambda Iota Tau
Mu Phi Epsilon
Omicron Delta Kappa
Order of Omega
Phi Alpha Theta
Phi Eta Sigma
Phi Kappa Phi 
Pi Gamma Mu
Pi Kappa Lambda
Pi Omega Pi
Psi Chi
Sigma Delta Pi
Sigma Theta Tau International
HONOR SOCIETIES
Agora Club
Alpha Eta Rho
American Advertising Federation
American Chemical Society
American Marketing Association
American Association of Airport
Executives, Inc.
Assc of Graduate Business Students
Assc of Info Tech Professionals (AITP)
African American Student Council
Broom
Career Service Ambassadors
Circle K
College Republicans
Confidante
Criminal Justice Association
Delta Diplomats
Delta Statement
Delta Volunteers
Diamond Girls
DSU Precision Flight Team
DSU Psychology Club
Financial Management Association
GRAMMY U
Gridiron Girls
HPER Majors
International Student Association
Intramural Council
Karate Club
Mathematical Association of America 
Mississippi Early Chldhd Assc. MECA 
National Student Speech Language
Hearing Association
Outback and Kayak Club
Prelaw Club
Psychology Club
Residence Hall Council
Student Council for Exceptional 
Children (SCEC)
Sigma Alpha Eta
Student Advisory Council for
Elementary Education
Student Dietetic Association
Student Government Association
(SGA)
Student Government Association
Senate
Student Government Association,
Student Court
Student National Council Teachers of
English (NCTE)
Student Nurses Association
Social Work Club
Society for the Advancement of
Management
Student Accountants & Business
Administrators (SABA)
Student Alumni Association (SAA)
Student Association of Family and
Consumer Sciences
Student Educators Association
Union Program Council
Young Democrats
Student Organizations
20
RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATIONS
Alpha Omega Ministries 
Catholic Students Association
(Catholic)
Chi Alpha (Assembly of God)
Christian Student Center 
(Church of Christ)
Fellowship of Christian Athletes 
(nondenominational)
Gods Anointed Voices (nondenomi-
national)
National Association of Christian
Social Workers
Reform University Fellowship
(Presbyterian)
Student Mobilization (nondenomina-
tional)
Student Union (BSU) (Baptist)
The Westminster Fellowship
Wesley Foundation (Methodist)
SOCIAL SORORITIES 
Panhellenic Council (governing body)
Delta Delta Delta 
Kappa Delta
Phi Mu
Pan Hellenic Council (governing body)
Alpha Kappa Alpha
Delta Sigma Theta
Zeta Phi Beta 
SOCIAL FRATERNITIES
Inter-Fraternity Council (governing body)
Kappa Alpha Order
Kappa Sigma
Pi Kappa Alpha 
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
Pan Hellenic Council (governing body)
Alpha Phi Alpha
Kappa Alpha Psi
Omega Psi Phi
Phi Beta Sigma
PERFORMING GROUPS
African Drumming ensemble
Brass Ensembles
Chamber Singers
Cheerleader
Delta Belles
Delta Chorale
Delta Players
DeltaRoX
Delta Singers
Laboratory Jazz Band
Marching Band
Opera Workshop
Ol Skool Revue
Percussion Ensemble
Pom-Pon Squad
Steel Band
Symphonic Band
Woodwind Ensembles
Wind Ensemble
STUDENT PUBLICATIONS
Confidante, University literary magazine, provides a format for students who
write drama, essays, fiction, and poetry by publishing works entered in the annu-
al Confidante Literary Contest, a preliminary contest of the Southern Literary
Festival.
The Delta Statement, a newspaper published by the students of Delta State Uni-
versity, is designed both to record the life of the University and to afford training
for students interested in the principles of journalism.
The Broom, University yearbook, is representative of the student body and pre-
sents a cross-section of the life of students and faculty on the Delta State
University campus.
Documents you may be interested
Documents you may be interested