• If you need to make the same changes to several letters, it is better to make those changes directly to
the document template using the Conditional merge wizard. For detailed instructions, see “Editing
Conditional Word Merge Documents” on page 54.
43. When finished making changes, save and close the document, exit Word, and return to the export record.
To save the export record, click Save and Close on the toolbar. The Save Export As screen appears.
44. Enter a name and description for the export. To give others rights to run or modify this export record,
mark Others can run this report and Others can modify this report.
45. Click Save. The export record is saved and appears in the list on the Export page.
Editing Conditional Word Merge Documents
After you run a conditional merge, you can make changes or updates as needed. If you find you need to make
changes to multiple documents, you can make these changes directly to the document templates using the
Conditional merge wizard.
Editing conditional Word merge documents
1. From the open *.doc file of merged documents, identify the changes that need to be made.
2. Close the *.doc file and return to the export record.
3. On the Output tab, click Conditional merge wizard. The Blackbaud Conditional Word Merge
Wizard — Step 1 screen appears.