5. If there are fields used in the Mendeley library that are not currently in Sente,
the new fields will be added and a report will appear with the information. Click
Okay to close the report.
We recommend that you spot-check your data in Sente, comparing a few random
examples of references and attachments to make sure they migrated successfully
from Mendeley to Sente.
Migrating Data from Zotero
A Zotero library can be imported directly into Sente, without the need to first export
the data from Zotero. Sente will import all reference data, including custom fields,
and attachments. Sente also scans the references being imported for any duplicates
and will report any detected duplicates.
To import the Zotero references directly into Sente, follow these steps:
1. Make sure Firefox is completely shut down.
2. Launch Sente and either open the library you want to use or create a new
3. Select the File > Import command.
4. In the file selector that appears, navigate to the folder containing the Zotero
database. This directory can be found by clicking on the Show Data Directory
button in the Advanced tab in Zotero preferences (accessed through the Zotero
gear menu). The folder path should look something like (but not exactly like):
~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/vw6pqezr.default/zotero. The
correct folder will contain a file called zotero.sqlite. Select the folder that
contains the sqlite database; do not select the database itself. Click Open.
5. If a File Import Duplicate References Report appears, review it by scrolling
through the list, or copy the report to the clipboard for pasting into a text editor
like Pages. Click Okay when finished reviewing the report.