• When you attach the supplied label, be sure to
attach it to the labeling position. Be careful that
the label does not stick out.
• When you carry or store the “Memory Stick,”
put it in the case supplied with it.
• Do not touch the terminals of a “Memory
Stick” with your hand or a metal object.
• Do not strike, bend or drop a “Memory Stick.”
• Do not disassemble or modify a “Memory
• Do not expose the “Memory Stick” to water.
• Avoid using or storing the “Memory Stick” in
the following places:
– In a car parked in the sun, or at a high
– Under direct sunlight.
– In a humid place or near corrosive material.
Notes on use of the “Memory Stick
• Be sure to insert the “Memory Stick Duo” into
the Memory Stick Duo Adaptor when using the
“Memory Stick Duo” with the camera. If you
insert the “Memory Stick Duo” into the camera
without attaching the Memory Stick Duo
Adaptor, you may not be able to remove the
“Memory Stick Duo.”
• Verify that you are inserting the “Memory Stick
Duo” in the proper direction when inserting it
into the Memory Stick Duo Adaptor.
• Verify that you are inserting the Memory Stick
Duo Adaptor in the proper direction when
inserting it into the camera. Inserting it in the
wrong direction may cause a malfunction.
• Do not insert a “Memory Stick Duo” that is not
inserted into a Memory Stick Duo Adaptor into
a “Memory Stick”-compatible unit. This may
cause a malfunction of the unit.
• When formatting the “Memory Stick Duo,”
insert the “Memory Stick Duo” into the
Memory Stick Duo Adaptor and use the
“Memory Stick” slot.
• When the “Memory Stick Duo” is equipped
with the write protect switch, release its lock.
• You can use the Memory Stick Duo Adaptor
that is compliant with the CompactFla sh slot,
however, you cannot format it using this camera
and cannot record [640 (Fine)] movies.
Note on use of the “Memory Stick
“Memory Stick PRO” with a capacity of up to
1 GB is verified for this camera.
A Microdrive is a compact and lightweight
hard disk drive that complies with Compact
Flash TypeII. Camera operations are
confirmed using a Microdrive (Hitachi
Global Storage Technologies, Inc. DSCM-
11000 (1 GB)).
Notes on use of the Microdrive
• Be sure to format the Microdrive using this
camera when you use it for the first time.
• The Microdrive is a compact hard disk drive.
Since the Microdrive is a rotating disk, the
Microdrive is not strong enough to resist
vibration and shock compared to a “Memory
Stick,” which uses flash memory.
Be sure not to transmit vibration or shock to the
Microdrive during playback or shooting.
• Data may be damaged in the following cases:
– Removing the Microdrive while reading or
– If you store the Microdrive near corrosive
• Note that the use of the Microdrive under 5°C
(41°F) may bring performance degradation.
Operating temperature range when using the
Microdrive: 5° to 40°C (41°F to 104°F)
• Note that the camera cannot be used under low
atmospheric pressure (above 3 000 meters
• If the data transmission rate becomes slow in an
extremely high or low temperature and writing
movie data cannot be done, “Busy” is indicated
on the screen and writing data stops (page 131).