mvc display pdf in view : How to extract images from pdf files software SDK project winforms wpf UWP 8Cumberland_HeritageImpactStatement1-part510

826-834  Yonge Street & 2-8 Cumberland Street, Toronto - Heritage Impact Statement 
14 January 2015
The  three-storey Victorian  era  buildings fronting  onto Yonge  Street  are  of 
brick  construction  and  constitute  the  southern  portion  of  an  intact 
nineteenth century commercial row of buildings that run from Cumberland 
Street on the south to Yorkville Avenue on the north.   The corner property 
also  includes  buildings  that  face  onto  Cumberland  Street,  including  the 
one-and-one-half  storey  rear  tail  of  826 Yonge  Street  and  the  two-storey 
brick commercial building at 8 Cumberland Street. 
Since the buildings at 826-834 were built over the course of a short period 
of  time (between 1867 and 1874),  they exhibit a consistency of  building 
type and style – that being, the Two-Part Commercial type that was typical 
of Ontario’s main streets from the 1840s through to 1900 
Characteristics of this Victorian Commercial type include: 
Built with zero setback, with glazed shopfront on the ground floor 
and office or residential uses above  
The two-part configuration visually differentiated lower primarily 
glazed shopfront portion and shop cornices from the upper floors 
Typically 2 to 3 storeys of fenestration defining the office and/or 
residential uses above 
Many with secondary entrances to residential/office uses above 
Predominantly brick construction – often dichromatic (red with 
buff brick accents or (less frequently) buff with red.  As was typical 
in the nineteenth century, the brick is used in very subtle 
decorative ways to add interest to the otherwise plain building.   
A vertical emphasis in massing and proportions 
Windows of tall proportions 
Vertical sliding multi-paned sash windows and wood or stone sills 
Segmental brick arches with soldier courses over windows – often 
with projecting keystones 
Decorative brick friezes and architraves (corbeled or bracketed) 
along the roof line and brick quoining or pilasters along corners 
Projecting roof top cornices of wood or metal, often with elaborate 
profiles and brackets 
Flat roofs with parapets 
Brick party walls projecting above the roofline
TOP:          View of west side of Yonge Street looking north to 826-834 
Yonge Street (CTA) 
BOTTOM:  View of west side of Yonge Street looking south past 826-834      
Yonge Street, 1973 (CTA)
How to extract images from pdf files - Select, copy, paste PDF images in, ASP.NET, MVC, Ajax, WinForms, WPF
Support PDF Image Extraction from a Page, a Region on a Page, and PDF Document
how to extract images from pdf in acrobat; extract images from pdf files
How to extract images from pdf files - VB.NET PDF Image Extract Library: Select, copy, paste PDF images in, ASP.NET, MVC, Ajax, WinForms, WPF
Support PDF Image Extraction from a Page, a Region on a Page, and PDF Document
extract image from pdf acrobat; extract images from pdf files without using copy and paste
826-834  Yonge Street & 2-8 Cumberland Street, Toronto - Heritage Impact Statement 
14 January 2015
The shopfronts are the most important segment of a commercial building - 
the storefront establishes the visual relationship between the interior of the 
shop and the sidewalk and presents the character of a business.  Its design 
was, and still is, crucial to successful advertising and merchandising.   
While nineteenth century shopfronts exhibit a wide variety of designs, the 
standard  features  include:  a  street level panel  of  wood  or  metal;  display 
windows with ample glazing;  and,  a  shopfront, mid-level  cornice  with a 
sign  band (the cornice  typically  protected a  wood  beam that  carried the 
brick upper-works across the glazed shop front).   Generally two doors on 
the street level provided access to both the ground level retail tenant and to 
the stairs accessing the upper stories.   
This architectural style is one that continuously evolved  with commercial 
practices  of  the  time,  being  transformed  with  each  new  owner  and 
occupant Thus, in most cases modern display windows and entrances have 
replaced  the  original  shopfronts.    Yet  the  original  configuration  of  the 
shopfronts  can  be  surmised  due  to  the  very  typical  type  that  was  found 
elsewhere in the time period.

View of 826 Yonge Street in 1961 showing shopfront glazing and 
signage (CTA) 
BOTTOM RIGHT:  View of west side of Yonge Street looking north at 826-834 Yonge  
Street in 1973 showing the changes in shopfronts and signage  
VB.NET PDF Text Extract Library: extract text content from PDF
Extract highlighted text out of PDF document. Image text extraction control provides text extraction from PDF images and image files.
how to extract a picture from a pdf; extract image from pdf file
C# PDF Text Extract Library: extract text content from PDF file in
Ability to extract highlighted text out of PDF document. Image text extraction control provides text extraction from PDF images and image files.
pdf image extractor c#; extract image from pdf c#
826-834  Yonge Street & 2-8 Cumberland Street, Toronto - Heritage Impact Statement 
14 January 2015
This HIS details the five buildings on Yonge Street (numbers 826, 828, 830, 
832  and  834).   The  corner  building  (826)  includes  a  rear  portion  with 
addresses  2  and  6  Cumberland.   The  subject  property  also  includes  one 
other building on Cumberland Street (number 8). 
These  nineteenth  century  buildings  are  of  primarily  two  to  three-storeys, 
constructed of similar materials, scale, placement relative to the street and 
architectural detail.  The buildings constitute a relatively dense urban form 
based  on  narrow  building  lots  that  extend  deep  into  the  block,  creating 
long,  narrow  buildings.   The  intensive  occupation  of  building  lots,  with 
buildings  constructed  up  to  the  sidewalks  and  corners,  results  in  the 
contiguous nature of the buildings that incorporate shared party walls. 
Not  only  do they  continue  to exhibit early  architectural  details, but  they 
also  continue  to  perform  their  original/traditional  function  of  individual 
commercial shops historically serving the needs of the  nearby residents – 
this is especially true given  the  reverting of much  of the properties in the 
area back to residential use. 
The building at 834 is a three-storey, mid-block, brick structure, three bays 
wide with flat roof, built in 1874.  Its architectural features include: 
brick masonry party walls on either side 
brick work used for ornamentation include raised brick pilasters at 
the outer edges of the front wall, and corbeled brick courses along 
the roofline 
segmental arched  window  heads  with  soldier  course, label  stops 
and  decorative  keystones  –  likely  dichromatic  with  buff  brick 
window openings evenly spaced across three bays 
the façade has been painted 
building is missing its original cornice 
up  until very  recently  the  double  hung sash  windows  with  four-
over-four  lights  remained  –  now  replaced  with  modern  sash 
modernized display windows and entrances at grade 
VB.NET PDF File Merge Library: Merge, append PDF files in
Merge two or several separate PDF files together and into Able to integrate VB.NET PDF Merging control to Components to combine various scanned images to PDF
extract text from image pdf file; extract images pdf acrobat
C# PDF Convert to Jpeg SDK: Convert PDF to JPEG images in
may customize the names of all converted JPEG image files in .NET Following demo code will show how to convert all PDF pages to Jpeg images with C# .NET.
extract images from pdf c#; extract photos from pdf
826-834  Yonge Street & 2-8 Cumberland Street, Toronto - Heritage Impact Statement 
14 January 2015
The building at 832 is a three-storey, mid-block, brick structure, three bays 
wide with flat roof, built in 1874.  Its architectural features include: 
brick masonry party walls 
raised  brick  pilasters  denotes  the  break  between  832  and  834  
rectangular window openings with soldier courses and projecting 
keystone  across  the  lintel  –  likely  dichromatic  with  buff  brick 
window openings evenly spaced across three bays 
the façade has been painted 
building is missing its original cornice 
up  until very  recently  the  double  hung sash  windows  with  four-
over-four  lights  remained  –  now  replaced  with  modern  sash 
modernized display windows and entrances at grade 
The building at 830 is a three-storey, mid-block, brick structure, two-bays 
wide with flat roof, built in 1874.  Its architectural features include: 
the building reads as one building with 832 
brick masonry party walls 
raised brick pilaster denotes break between 830 and 828 
rectangular window openings with soldier coursing and projecting 
keystone  across  the  lintel  –  likely  dichromatic  with  buff  brick 
window openings evenly spaced across two bays 
the façade has been painted 
building is missing its original cornice 
original windows replaced – on the second floor with fixed pane 
with  lower  slider  and  on  the  third  floor  with  single  pane  fixed 
modernized display windows and entrances at grade 
C# PDF Convert to HTML SDK: Convert PDF to html files in
Embed converted HTML files in HTML page or iframe. Use JS (jquery) to control PDF page navigation. Export PDF images to HTML images.
how to extract pictures from pdf files; online pdf image extractor
VB.NET PDF Convert to HTML SDK: Convert PDF to html files in vb.
Embed converted html files in html page or iframe. Export PDF form data to html form in .NET WinForms and ASP.NET. Turn PDF images to HTML images in VB.NET.
how to extract images from pdf files; how to extract images from pdf file
826-834  Yonge Street & 2-8 Cumberland Street, Toronto - Heritage Impact Statement 
14 January 2015
The  building  at  828  is  a  two-and-one-half  storey,  mid-block,  brick 
structure, three bays wide with mansard roof, built  c1867.  Its architectural 
features include: 
the building reads as one building with the corner building at 826 
brick masonry party walls are evident at the roof line – with brick 
segmental-arched window heads with soldier coursing 
brick work along roofline with corbeled courses and dentils 
overhanging wood cornice 
Mansard roof with two projecting dormer windows 
the façades have been painted 
the original double hung windows replaced with a fixed pane with 
lower slider 
modernized display windows and entrances at grade 
The building at 826 – 2-6 Cumberland is a two-and-one-half storey, corner 
brick  structure,  three  bays  wide  with  mansard  roof,  built  c1867.    Its 
architectural features include: 
side  façade  with  four  windows  on  the  second  floor  and  two 
windows on the upper, attic-storey   
a two-storey rear tail with pitched roof and a further two-storey tail 
also with pitched roof 
brick masonry party walls  are  evident at  the  roof line – with  two 
brick chimneys on the southerly roof parapet 
segmental-arched window heads with soldier coursing on both the 
front/east and side/south facades 
brick work along roofline with corbelled courses and dentils 
overhanging wood cornice 
Mansard roof  with  two projecting  dormer windows  on  the  main 
building and a pitched roof on the rear tail 
the façades have been painted 
the original double hung windows replaced with a fixed pane with 
lower slider 
modernized display windows and entrances at grade 
C# PDF File Merge Library: Merge, append PDF files in, ASP.
Combine scanned images to PDF, such as tiff, jpg, png, gif, bmp XDoc.PDF) is designed to help .NET developers combine PDF document files created by
extract image from pdf online; some pdf image extractor
VB.NET PDF Page Extract Library: copy, paste, cut PDF pages in vb.
VB.NET: Extract All Images from PDF Document. This is an example that you can use it to extract all images from PDF document. ' Get page 3 from the document.
extract jpeg from pdf; how to extract text from pdf image file
826-834  Yonge Street & 2-8 Cumberland Street, Toronto - Heritage Impact Statement 
14 January 2015
 Cumberland,  constitutes  the  rear  portion  of  826 Yonge  Street,  and  is 
comprised  of  a  two-storey  brick  structure,  with  side  gable  roof,  and  a 
smaller two-storey brick structure, also with side gable roof, built c1867.   
a one storey commercial shopfront has filled in the area where the 
smaller rear tail was formerly set back from the street line and only 
the upper storey windows and roofline are visible from the street 
The one-storey addition, likely added in the 1950s, has itself been 
altered,  closing  in  what  was  formerly  a  shopfront  facing  onto 
Cumberland Street. 
 Cumberland  is  a  one  storey  brick  commercial  structure  with  modern 
shopfronts  –  a continuation of  the  rear  portion of 826  Cumberland, built 
during the second half of the twentieth century.   Prior to its construction, 
the site was occupied by a surface parking lot.
TOP:    Contemporary  view  of  the 
rear of 826 Yonge Street showing the 
two original  two-storey tails behind 
the one-storey 1950s addition.   The 
one-storey  addition  was  extended 
further west along Cumberland to #6 
LEFT:    This  1961  view  of  2 
Cumberland shows that a one-storey 
addition  had  been  introduced  by 
that  date  and  used  as  a  separate 
FAR  LEFT:    This  1961  view  of  6 
Cumberland  shows  the  surface 
parking  lot  that  predated  the  one-
storey  commercial  building  now 
standing on the site.
C# PDF File Split Library: Split, seperate PDF into multiple files
Also able to combine generated split PDF document files with other PDF files to form a new PDF file. Split PDF Document into Multiple PDF Files in C#.
extract color image from pdf in c#; extract vector image from pdf
826-834  Yonge Street & 2-8 Cumberland Street, Toronto - Heritage Impact Statement 
14 January 2015
 Cumberland  Street  is  a  two-storey,  buff  brick  structure  with  flat  roof, 
dating to c1867.  This is likely the coach-house and stables (measuring 40 
feet  by  28  feet)  referenced  in  the  Assessment  Rolls  for  the  Village  of 
Yorkville  for  1885,  as part  of Hewitt’s  property  at 826 Yonge  Street.   The 
Directory for the Village of Yorkville in 1875 shows that 8 Sydenham (as it 
was then known) was occupied by Edwin Nankivell, a coachman. 
Its architectural features include: 
Brick quoins and corbelling 
One,  centrally  placed  segmental  arched  window  on  the  upper 
Display windows and entrance at grade
TOP:    8  Cumberland  as  in 
1961 (CTA). 
BOTTOM:   A  contemporary 
view of 8 Cumberland.
826-834  Yonge Street & 2-8 Cumberland Street, Toronto - Heritage Impact Statement 
14 January 2015
From the point of annexation in 1884 until the end of WWII, 
this  area  at  Yorkville  was  stable  with  most  of  the  original 
buildings intact, representing the history of nineteenth century 
architecture in Toronto.   As Yonge  Street began  to serve as a 
commercial  artery  from  the  second-half  of  the  nineteenth 
century onward, the street came to be lined with the Victorian 
Two-Part Commercial building type. 
But  by  1944  the  City  of Toronto  Planning  Board  considered 
Yorkville  a  blighted  area  and  by  the  mid-1950s  Yorkville 
ceased  to  be  a  primarily  residential  area.  Buildings  were 
demolished  and  a  number  of  surface  parking  lots  could  be 
found  throughout  the  area  –  including  along  Cumberland 
Street  as  the  original  workers-housing  on  Cumberland  Street 
was demolished.  
TOP:  The Planning Map of 1957-60 
shows the context of the subject site.  
Some  of the buildings on  the north 
side of Cumberland Street were still 
in  place  (photographs  of  these 
buildings are  seen to  the LEFT).   A 
good portion of the block (closer to 
Bay) had been cleared and was used 
as a surface parking lot. 
FAR  LEFT:    20-26  Cumberland 
Street, 1961 (CTA) 
LEFT:    14-20  Cumberland  Street, 
1961 (CTA)
826-834  Yonge Street & 2-8 Cumberland Street, Toronto - Heritage Impact Statement 
14 January 2015
Artists were relocating  to the Yorkville area, attracted by low rents and a 
growing gallery, jazz and theatre  culture and Yorkville became  “Canada’s 
hippie capital” in the 1960s.   
During the late 1960s and into the 1970s, the popularity of Yorkville as a 
shopping  and  entertainment  district  saw  full-scale  demolition  of  large 
portions of  the area, yet  it  also spurred  a notable  degree  of  architectural 
innovation  supported  by  a  renewed  interest  in  village-like  urban 
landscapes.   Projects such as “Old York  Lane” and “York Square”  altered 
the streetscape as the original buildings were “buried” under contemporary 
renovations  as  building  owners reconfigured their  properties to capitalize 
on  the  areas  popularity.    In  the case of York  Square,  four Victorian-style 
buildings  were  rehabilitated  in  1968-69  in  an  innovative  project  that 
retained the  low-rise scale of the street while creating a modern complex 
of shops and restaurants. 
The demolitions undertaken  in the process  of developing sites into larger 
buildings,  removed  the early  pattern  of  development  of  long  narrow  lots 
with  separate  structures.    Nearby  examples  include  the  construction  of 
Cumberland Terrace (1974) immediately south of the subject property.  This 
modern  shopping  mall  replaced  earlier  commercial  shops,  which  had 
themselves been replaced in the early-twentieth century by a three-storey 
brick building (the former Canada Business College). 
820-824 Yonge Street, on the south side of Cumberland Street, as the site looked in 
1961 prior to the construction of Cumberland Terrace in 1974.
826-834  Yonge Street & 2-8 Cumberland Street, Toronto - Heritage Impact Statement 
14 January 2015
An  entire  block  of  nineteenth-century  commercial  buildings  was 
demolished in the  1970s to make  way  for  the Toronto Reference  Library 
(1977), located directly  opposite the  subject  property  on the  east side  of 
Yonge Street. 
TOP RIGHT:  View of the east side of Yonge Street opposite the subject property, 
1953 (CTA) 
BOTTOM RIGHT:  The commercial rows were replaced by the Toronto Reference 
Library in 1977 (CTA)
Documents you may be interested
Documents you may be interested