UNDERSTANDING THE LEDS AND BUTTONS
MY PASSPORT WIRELESS
The Wi-Fi LED is off when you take the My Passport Wireless drive out of the box.
Other LED Behavior
Wi-Fi LED Behavior/Color
Wi-Fi not active
Wireless network connected or active (all modes)
Wireless network connected to access point (AP)
but no Internet connection (shared connection
Wireless network failed or no network connection
Blinks blue for a set period (1 minute)
WPS initiated and in progress
Device in use, for example:
• Firmware update
Blinking red with Power and Battery
Status and Wi-Fi LEDs alternating
Drive has a problem. Contact WD Support.
Blinking red in one long (3 sec) and 3
Device in recovery mode
Wi-Fi LED off and Power/Battery Status
LED blinking white
Device shutting down
Turns the drive on and off and wakes the drive from standby mode:
• To turn on from standby, momentarily push until lights start blinking
• To turn off, push for about 3 seconds.
• Connects to a router using WPS.
• Press and hold about 5 seconds to start WPS.
• When the drive is off, press to show battery status briefly.
• Press momentarily for other devices to connect to the My Passport
Wireless network in Home mode.
• With SD card inserted in the slot, press momentarily to start SD