Copyright © 2008 Pitney Bowes MapInfo Corporation. All rights reserved.
e. CREATE A SYMBOL ON ALL COSMETIC LAYERS - Provides a way to draw a
symbol in the same location across multiple map windows.
f. CREATE A POLYLINE ON ALL COSMETIC LAYERS - Provides a way to draw a
polyline in the same location across multiple map windows
g. CREATE A RECTANGLE ON ALL COSMETIC LAYERS - Provides a way to draw a
rectangle in the same location across multiple map windows.
h. CREATE A ELLIPSE ON ALL COSMETIC LAYERS - Provides a way to draw a ellipse
in the same location across multiple map windows.
i. CLEAR COSMETIC LAYERS - Clears the Cosmetic layers of all of all synchronized
Caution: This removes all features added to the Cosmetic layers, not just the 'synchronized'
features added by this tool during this session.
Can I search and replace to update Multiple Columns?
The Search and Replace Tool in MapInfo Professional can replace multiple column entries in a
selected table. This tool is particularly useful when names change or specific character data
changes. To search a table, the file must be open.
To use the search and replace tool:
1. Use Tool Manager to load the Search and Replace tool.
2. Open the necessary table for which it is desired to search and replace data. MapInfo
Professional must be able to read the tables to search.
3. From the Tools menu, point to Search and Replace and choose Search and Replace.
Note: The Column to Search list allows for picking multiple columns.
4. Select the table and columns to search from the lists.
5. In the Search String box, type the text to find.
6. In the Replacement String box, type the text you wish to replace it with.
7. If the string entered should be case sensitive, select the Case Sensitive check box.
8. Click OK to begin the search and replace process.