mvc view pdf : Adding text to a pdf file control application platform web page html wpf web browser 60174-part1413

Page 2 
V. Committee Reports & Discussions   (40 min) 7:12pm 
A. ECPC & Sr. Environmental Planner   (10 min: Chaim, Carrie, Mike, Linda)    
1. No updates available in Linda’s absence 
B. L4L & Natural Landscaping Committee    (10 min: Chad, Diane, Kriste) 7:13pm 
1. Committee has met 3 times since last EC meeting 
2. Need to research grants / funding to have more L4L signs made because running low, giving more 
out, and not receiving as many voluntary donations  
3. Indexing Commission publications on file to date so that we’ll have a full history of outreach and 
education materials updated, online and organized to ease future reference. 
4. Chad, Diane and Kriste were present for information tabling at the Farmers Market on May 19th 
5. Will also be tabling at HAND Event (Bloomington Neighborhoods) / Farmers Market on June 2
nd
in the City Hall Atrium  
6. Established Intern Priorities:   
a. Recreate original L4L brochure because electronic file is missing 
b. Reformat two-sided Fact Sheets to be single-panel documents to conserve paper, ink, etc. 
c. Create two-sided business / post card sized document with link to Natural Landscaping 
section of the EC website to allow for less printing. 
d. Continue work on Bee / Pollinator, Deer-Resistant Native Plants and Low Maintenance 
Grasses documents to be included in new L4L brochure and posted online. 
e. Helping Kriste with SWEET brochure, which stands for Storm Water Environmental 
Education Team and consists of numerous local partners including Monroe County 
government employees.  Once updated, this brochure will be offered at the L4L table. 
f. Mentioned pursuing other avenues for public outreach and education including 
PSAs on WFIU (radio) and CATS (tv) where we can talk about our L4L initiative.  
C. Tree Commission Committee   (5 min: Carrie) 7:22pm 
1. Carrie can only stay for a short time at next meeting, so she asked if anyone else could attend? 
2. Diane said she might be able to attend that meeting, but she’ll possibly be late to next EC meeting. 
3. Tree Commission stated that they focus primarily on diversity (not necessarily natives only because 
they use hybrid species as well) and they also assess removing street trees identified as “hazards”. 
5. Discussed EAB issue: 
a. 6% of public trees in Bloomington are Ash and thus potentially threatened by EABs. 
b. The majority of the treatment options are for trees with a DBH less than 20”. 
c. Average local (Ash) street tree DBH is 14” meaning it would be 10-20 years of treatment.  
d. However, there are a variety of treatments still being considered.  
e. Lee Huss wants Cliff Sadof, a professor from Purdue, to come talk about their models and 
address our questions (TC & EC).  
f. The TC is going to put together a formal discussion on what the City wants to do to address 
this issue (i.e. financial complications with private owners, remove young trees before 
they’re affected, even though they’re most resistant, what is cost if we treat young trees now 
because old trees can’t be treated vs. remove/replace them now? Long term costs unknown.  
g. Chad worked in Lexington where it’s a huge problem (8000+trees affected) and he 
mentioned that they may have information on how they approached it.  
h. Mike said that once they arrive in an area, they are hard to get rid of.  Originally, they 
moved in from the northeast in Michigan and efforts to destroy all Ash trees affected were 
not successful because the firewood vector extended beyond DNR’s control capacity. 
i. Carrie and Diane discussed the EC’s role in promoting the importance of not using toxic 
chemicals in the treatment process. 
D. BEQI Committee Report  (5 min: Carissa, Carrie, Meredith) 7:30pm 
1. Chad is going to contact Jess Voght about the Greenspace and/or Green Infrastructure section and 
where she left off at the end of her work and where he can pick up.  
2. Proposed Timeline:  June- review content; July- approve final posting on web; August- put online.  
3. Meredith will e-mail Chad and whole EC the most recent “Green Infrastructure” document(s). 
Adding text to a pdf file - insert text into PDF content in C#.net, ASP.NET, MVC, Ajax, WinForms, WPF
XDoc.PDF for .NET, providing C# demo code for inserting text to PDF file
how to insert pdf into email text; how to insert text in pdf reader
Adding text to a pdf file - VB.NET PDF insert text library: insert text into PDF content in vb.net, ASP.NET, MVC, Ajax, WinForms, WPF
Providing Demo Code for Adding and Inserting Text to PDF File Page in VB.NET Program
adding text fields to pdf acrobat; add text in pdf file online
Page 3 
E. Waste Reduction Committee   (5 min: Carrie, Carissa) 7:34pm 
1. Taste of Bloomington (June 23 from 2pm – 11pm): 
a. 3 Major Recycling Stations:  HyPE, Jaqui Bauer, and Carrie / EC  
b. Liquid Waste Buckets to be placed around so that cups can be reused 
c. Searching for a Compost Collection System that can take all the types of waste associated 
d. Volunteers will get a t-shirt and work 2-hour shifts:   
- Dianne, maybe 
- Chaim, maybe 
- Carissa, yes 
- Chad, yes and maybe others 
e. Other Volunteer Sources:  Bloomington Volunteer network (Bet Savich, Coordinator), 
Center for Sustainable Living, local 4-H youth groups, Earth Team Volunteers, etc. 
f. Next year we want to distribute post-event waste characterization surveys to volunteers to 
identify further waste reduction needs. 
2. Question Raised:  Do we have money for reusable sporks and, if not, pass idea along to vendors. 
F. McDoel Switchyard & CP&R Environmental Resources Advisory Committee   (5 min: Mike) 7:43pm 
1. Mike went to Stakeholder Interview Meeting (5/14), but not Concept Design presentation (5/17). 
2. Chad did go to concept design presentation (5/17), but not stakeholder interview meeting (5/14) 
3. Updates from the “Public Input” phase (after Inventory and Options phase):  
a. They only control half of Clear Creek and are trying to get control over the rest of it.  
b. Trying to get I-69 money for creek mitigation as sediment is still contaminated with PCBs.  
c. Not sure what they want to do about the stream corridor, but most say PRESERVE.  
d. Maybe going to establish bird and fish habitats along restored tree and stream corridors. 
e. Other design concept options include:  Dog Park (runoff is concern, because it’s technically 
in a floodplain), Children’s Playground and/or Water Spray Park, and Performance Space.  
f. Mayor announced that they will not be extending Hillside Drive through the park.  
g. Restoration is a high priority for natural areas including options such as day lighting on 
tributary streams, which means exposing the creek/tributaries currently underground, and 
there has been discussion of placing a soil “cap” on the Coal Ash contaminated areas 
h. Chad expressed importance of toxin-free turf in the playground and dog park areas 
as well as removing invasive species without toxic chemical treatments to make room for 
natural/native landscaping throughout the property (57 acres in total).  
i. NEXT PHASE:  Developing Preliminary and Final Master Plan (June- September).
j. Unsure when next meeting is scheduled, but we will try to remain involved in the process 
VI. Old Business   (20 min) 7:54pm 
A. GPP discussion on Vision Statement letter   (5 min: Carrie)  
1. Mike wrote initial draft and passed it around the EC since the last meeting. 
2. Mike moves to approve the Letter as written.  Andy seconds.  Motion passes unanimously.  
B. Committee representatives for June for Tree Commission & Switchyard   (5 min) 7:55pm 
1. Mike will continue as Switchyard / ERAC representative and Tree Commission is TBD. 
C. Revisit 2012 priorities; BEQI, Eco-Hero Awards, Toxics (phase 2 & tour)   (10 min) 7:57pm 
1. City Council, the Office of the Mayor, and other interested parties who serve the city to join the 
EC on a tour of the PCB cleanup sites.  
2. We also encourage City Council to have an update from EPA on the clean up process at one of their 
meetings in 2012, since much activity has happened recently. 
3. Chad mentioned that there is a stack of Eco-Hero Certificates, not picked up, in planning office 
D. Budget (Not originally on Agenda) 8:03pm 
1. Do funds go away at the end of the year or do they roll over to the next (internal and external)? 
a. Some funds are lost if not spent 
b. Others are separate (revolving) accounts 
VB.NET PDF Library SDK to view, edit, convert, process PDF file
Feel free to define text or images on PDF document and extract accordingly. Capable of adding PDF file navigation features to your VB.NET program.
how to add text to pdf file; add text pdf file
VB.NET PDF Page Insert Library: insert pages into PDF file in vb.
If you want to read the tutorial of PDF page adding in C# class, we suggest you go to C# Imaging - how to insert a new empty page to PDF file.
how to enter text in pdf file; how to add text to a pdf in reader
Page 4 
2. Are budget lines set?  If not, the following questions were raised: 
a. Do we need to have a travel fund or a book fund?  Or can we change certain titles to 
“Tabling Materials” for items like banner, signs, or an umbrella?  
b. What can / cannot be moved across the budget (not FICA or Interns, but what about travel?)  
c. What are expectations for budgets of projects like L4L and Eco-Heroes? 
d. What budget category would funds for items like EC t-shirts come from?  
e. Are printing costs included in-house or specifically under “Operational Supplies”?  
3. Need to confirm the City Budget Cycle and determine timing of necessary requests / submissions. 
VII. Commissioner Announcements   (10 min) 8:19pm 
A. 8:20pm Carrie initiated a discussion about our future with BCOS.  
1. She wants to find out what the EC would like to be discussed if she meets with Jacqui and Cynthia.  
2. This requires some thought, perhaps we need to talk over the next week or so.   
3. Monroe County Environmental Commission (we might want to talk with them as well).   
4. Meredith supports it and wants to find out if there’s a way to function as a joint body but include 
our separate parts.  Brought up difficulties with defining scopes of BEQI in comparison to STAR. 
5. Mike also sees that right now may be a good time to talk. Star vs. BEQI is a little weird because 
there’s a lot of repetition, maybe merge maybe not.  What are the priorities that mostly fall within 
our purview, and what falls into their basket? 
6. Chad said we should get BCOS agendas / minutes and send them to EC members (and vice versa).
B. 8:33pm Mike brought up last meeting’s minutes:   
1. GPP steering committee- Mike would be willing to serve on the committee 
2. MPO Discussion- Do we get involved? What kind of input should we be having? What form might 
City input take?  IF they want input from commission, we should be in on it.  Kriste mentioned 
mess encountered in current section with karst features.  Mike said that Jason Krothe is main 
consultant on State Road 37 (from Mitchell to Paoli) and they are also having issues with water- 
filled caves (Blue Springs, Lost cave, etc). 
D. 8:37pm Updates from Kriste: 
1. She and the local S.W.E.E.T. received certificates of recognition at the State MS4 conference.   
2. Graduating from Watershed Leadership Academy program at Purdue.   
3. Starting adopt-a-stream and are making a sort of template so that other municipalities can pick it up 
and use their own legal forms and other related documents. 
E. 8:42pm Updates from Diane:  
1. Chad is also doing a Facebook page for L4L.  
2. Goal to identify like-minded organizations.  
3. Also, wants to develop a skeleton PowerPoint presentation for On-the-Road opportunities.  
VIII. Adjournment  8:45pm   
A. Carrie moves for the meeting to be adjourned.  The motion passes unanimously.   
VB.NET PDF Text Box Edit Library: add, delete, update PDF text box
code below to your VB.NET class program for adding text box on Dim outputFilePath As String = Program.RootPath + "\\" Annot_9.pdf" ' open a PDF file Dim doc
how to add text to a pdf file; add text block to pdf
C# PDF Text Box Edit Library: add, delete, update PDF text box in
for adding text box to PDF document in .NET WinForms application. A web based PDF annotation application able to add text box comments to adobe PDF file online
how to add text to a pdf file in preview; how to add text fields to pdf
City of Bloomington 
Environmental Commission 
401 N. Morton Street ▪ Bloomington, IN 47404
_
City Hall       
Phone: (812) 349-3423 ▪ Fax: (812) 349-3535 
www.bloomington.in.gov 
e-mail: environment@bloomington.in.gov
ENVIRONMENTAL COMMISSION MINUTES 
Thursday, April 26, 2012, 7:00 pm 
City Hall – McCloskey Room, 401 North Morton Street 
Attending:
Carrie Albright (Chair), Meg Hathaway (Intern), Diane Jung, Carissa Moncavage, Will Simmons (Intern), and Linda 
Thompson (Staff) 
Absent:
Meredith Dowling, Chaim Julian , Kriste Lindberg, Mike Litwin, Dianne May, and Andy Williams 
I.  Introductions   (3 min) 7:03pm 
II. Announcements   (5 min) 7:05pm 
A. Next Environmental Commission meeting:   Thursday, May 24
th
, 7:00 pm, McCloskey
Room 
B. Next Planning Committee meetings:   May 17
th
, 4:10 pm, Planning Dept. 
C. Next Tree Commission meeting:   May 16
th
, 9:30 am, Bryan Park 
III. Approval of March minutes  (5 min) 7:05pm 
A.  Quorum is not met.  Approval of the minutes is tabled until next month. 
IV. Public comment   (10 min) 7:06pm 
A.  Joyce Williams from Public Works is in attendance to give an update on the City’s current construction 
projects. 
1. Phase 3 of the Tapp Rd. project is about to begin. 
a.  There will be no walking trail access during construction. 
b.  Citizens can sign up for alerts on City construction projects through the City’s website. 
2. The roundabout project at Sare and Rogers Rd is also beginning. 
a.  The roundabout will be replacing an all-way stop. 
b.  Williams states that the primary benefit of roundabouts relative to all-way stops is greater 
safety.  There are fewer crashes with roundabouts and pedestrians have shorter crossing 
distances that extend across only one direction of traffic. 
c.  Roundabouts also have environmental benefits because cars are not idling as they do at 
all-way stops. 
d.  Bicycles will have a variety of options for how to move through the roundabout.  They can 
behave as cars moving through the main loop or use specially designed on and off  ramps 
to move up onto the side paths.  On the side paths, cyclists can cross the roundabout as 
pedestrians. 
e.  Letting for the project was approved last week.  Construction typically begins on projects 
30 days after letting, though in this case the process of receiving federal funding from 
INDOT will partially determine when work begins.  May 21, 2012 is the predicted 
construction start date. 
f.  During construction the intersection will be completely closed for a period of four months. 
C# PDF Annotate Library: Draw, edit PDF annotation, markups in C#.
Provide users with examples for adding text box to PDF and edit font size and color in text box field in C#.NET program. C#.NET: Draw Markups on PDF File.
how to add text to a pdf document using reader; add text boxes to pdf
VB.NET PDF Text Add Library: add, delete, edit PDF text in vb.net
convert PDF to text, C#.NET convert PDF to images, C#.NET PDF file & pages Professional VB.NET Solution for Adding Text Annotation to PDF Page in VB
how to enter text into a pdf form; add text to pdf using preview
z
Page 2 
V.  Committee Reports & discussions   (50 min)   7:13pm  
A. 7:13pm: Planning Committee & Sr. Environmental Planner   (10 min: Albright, Julian, Litwin, and 
Thompson)    
1. Thompson introduces two proposed development projects.  Details follow. 
2. Neighborhood Solutions :  The project is a new development by Matt Press to be located on the 
corner of W. Dodds and S. Morton.  B-Line trail runs parallel and adjacent to the west property 
line along Morton Street.  The petitioner is interested in designing an environmentally-friendly 
property.  
a.  The plan includes the construction of 12 single-family houses with lots facing the B-Line 
trail.  The petitioner is also proposing three new buildings on the north part of the property 
including a 5-unit "mini" condo building with individual garden plots; a two-story, mixed-
use, train-station-themed building with a 3,000 sq. ft. restaurant on the first floor and three, 
2-bedroom apartments on the second floor; and a two-story live/work building at the 
northeast corner of the site. 
b.  Home owners will have various design choices including the installation of solar panels.  
Owners can also opt to LEED certify their house.  Buildings will be built to LEED silver 
specifications but will only be certified as LEED if owners want to pay for the registration. 
c.  Thompson is uncertain whether or not the properties will be rentable. 
d.  Hathaway inquires whether the developer plans to require condo tenants to maintain their 
garden plots by non-toxic means.  Thompson replies that such details may be in the 
covenants and restrictions document for the development but were not included in the 
petitioner’s statement.  However does know that raising chickens will not be allowed 
there. 
e.  A green wall (a vegetated, heavy-duty trellis extending up three stories) is also part of the 
plan.  This design feature would be a first for Bloomington.  Thompson is working to 
ensure that listed invasive species such as English ivy are not allowed to be grown on the 
green wall.  This would be difficult if a precedent is set of allowing the green wall to be 
classified as an architectural feature rather than as a landscaping feature. 
f.  One corner of the development is currently in the floodplain.  The developer intends to fill 
this area by four feet to remove it from the floodplain but has not yet introduced plans to 
compensate for this action by digging the floodplain deeper elsewhere.  Thompson will be 
monitoring this issue. 
g.  Thompson praises the plan’s environmental sensitivity with the exception of their 
proposed floodplain management strategy. 
h.  Jung notes that the development has admirable qualities but appears cramped in her 
opinion.  The EC debates how urban compact development can best be designed. 
i.  The EC returns to discussing the development’s floodplain issue. 
i.  The Commission is interested in knowing what materials will be used for filling 
the floodplain. 
ii.  Thompson notes that the developer will be counting on approval of his proposed 
floodplain modifications by DNR.  The portion of the development including the 
area with floodplain concerns is planned to be built as a second phase of 
construction. 
3. 7:38pm: A three-floor apartment complex called Scholar’s Loft. 
a.  The petitioner wants to construct a green wall as part of the Green Development 
Incentives (GDI) specified in the UDO.  The GDI would be a means to receive an 
exception to residential density limits and a variance is needed to have an apartment 
located on the first floor.  The area is currently zoned to have only commercial properties 
on the first floor.  The proposed first floor apartment would be disabled-accessible. 
C# PDF Page Insert Library: insert pages into PDF file in C#.net
By using reliable APIs, C# programmers are capable of adding and inserting (empty) PDF page or pages from various file formats, such as PDF, Tiff, Word, Excel
how to add text to a pdf document using acrobat; how to insert text box in pdf file
C# PDF File & Page Process Library SDK for C#.net, ASP.NET, MVC
VB.NET read PDF, VB.NET convert PDF to text, VB.NET an (empty) page to a PDF and adding empty pages Certainly, random pages can be deleted from PDF file as well
how to add text box to pdf; how to add text to pdf document
z
Page 3 
b.  The developer is one of first to make such a proposal using the UDO’s green building 
incentives.  Bloomington’s UDO states that certain green building measures entitle 
developers to have a higher residential density. 
c.  The proposed development would be located on N Walnut St. on the lot of an old filling 
station. 
d.  The developer also wants to have a roof garden complete with garden space for tenants. 
B. 7:49pm L4L/Natural Landscaping Committee & garden show tabling   (10 min: Hathaway and Jung) 
1. Jung has resumed tabling for the EC at the City’s weekly farmers market. 
2. Last weekend’s Monroe County Master Gardener Association Garden Fair was well attended and 
completely depleted Jung’s stock of EC brochures.  Hathaway states that she will restock the 
brochures before leaving for the summer. 
3. Thompson and Jung discuss the sizing of the Lawns for Life brochure.  Jung prefers them to be 
printed on legal size paper. 
4. Jung notes that the Lawns for Life signs are very popular and are moving quickly.  She will be 
looking for additional grants soon.  Jung states that Bloomington appears to have reached a tipping 
point where people are recognizing the signs and are aware of the message of Lawns for Life. 
5. Jung wants to have a summer intern make brochures on bees, deer-resistant plant species, and in 
particular, grass replacement plant species. 
6. Jung will continue to attend SWEET meetings as a way to work on the issue of pesticides entering 
Lake Monroe. 
7. Jung has resigned from attending Tree Commission meetings on behalf of the EC.  Jung notes that 
Lee Huss has informed her that it would be acceptable to have EC members rotate who attends the 
Tree Commission meeting.  If the EC adopts this suggestion, Jung states that she would be able to 
take a turn in the rotation of representatives. Tree Commission meetings are held on the third 
Wednesday of each month at 9:30 am.  Meetings usually last until 10:30 am. 
8. Jung thanks Will Simmons for all of his assistance. 
C. 7:58pm Tree Commission Committee   (2 min: Jung) 
1. Albright admits that the weekday scheduling of the Tree Commission meeting makes it tricky to 
attend, but encourages EC members to volunteer. 
D. 7:59pm BEQI Committee  (5 min: Dowling and Hathaway) 
1. Dowling emailed Albright a committee update.  She has spoken with Moncavage and welcomes 
her to be on BEQI committee.  Dowling also notes that the press release for the updated water 
section of the BEQI report will soon be released. 
2. Dowling is working on searching for summer interns.  The position is listed on SPEA’s website. 
a.  Thompson notes that the final day for applications to be submitted is April 30
th
.  The 
selection process will begin after that point, with interviewing to be done by Thompson, 
Jung, and other EC members as needed. 
b.  One internship position will be to work on BEQI projects.  The second position would be 
focused on natural landscaping projects. 
c.  Albright stresses the importance of reaching out to the new EC commissioners to partner 
on interns with projects. 
d.  Air, energy, and transportation are the three possible BEQI report projects being 
advertised.  Energy seems to be the topic in which most internship applicants are 
interested.  Linda notes that hiring an energy intern would be well-timed for the City 
because the Sustainability Commission is hiring an energy-focused intern for the summer 
and could potentially partner on projects with an EC intern. 
e.  Discussion ensues as to how to organize an intern selection committee for the EC.  
Albright suggests that contacting the City’s Human Resources staff to look over the 
submitted resumes and to help the EC narrow the field of options could be helpful.  
Thompson concurs. 
E. Eco Award Committee  (10 min: Albright, Jung, Pezzullo, and Simmons) 
z
Page 4 
1. Albright reports that the Eco Award Ceremony was well attended and that many contest 
submissions came in at the last minute. 
a.  The committee will be meeting to discuss the pluses and minuses of this year’s event. 
b.  Former EC Commissioner Phaedra Pezzullo stressed need to have more media outreach 
for the Eco Award Ceremony, including coverage of the event itself.  
i.  In response to Pezzullo’s thoughts, Albright reports that the Mayor has suggested 
broadcasting next year’s ceremony live on IUCAT and inviting photographers 
from local newspapers to attend. 
ii.  Lindberg volunteers to assist with media outreach in the future. 
iii.  Jung encourages the EC to continue working with Beth Smith as a liaison to 
Bloomington’s schools. 
c.  Thompson notes that there was a less than smooth transition in passing on the work 
between fall and spring EC interns.  This area of event planning could be improved for 
next year. 
d.  Albright says the experience of this year’s ceremony will be useful in creating an even 
more successful second year for the Eco Awards. 
e.  Lindberg suggests working more closely on arranging the catering display at the 
ceremony. 
i.  Albright stressed that this will be a matter of mediating between the desire to host 
a no-waste event with the need to maintain a professional appearance for the EC 
as an organization. 
ii.  Jung observes that sweet foods were in much higher demand at the event than 
savory dishes, and that the EC could have spent less on main course-type foods. 
f.  Simmons notes that the EC may need a larger venue to hold the Eco Award ceremony in 
the future.  The City Hall atrium, he observes, was filled to capacity this year.  Jung 
suggests partnering with a local church interested in environmental issues. 
g.  Thompson was impressed with how impressed the Mayor was with the event.  His main 
compliment was the large number of sponsors the EC received.  The EC may be receiving 
additional funds for next year’s event. 
h.  Albright reports that the mayor offered  two suggestions for next year: 
i.  Have thank you certificates for each sponsor that the Mayor can sign.  These 
certificates should be designed for being displayed in the window of each 
sponsor’s location. 
ii.  If the EC is interested in partnering with Fairview Elementary School, the EC may 
be able to secure funds for art supplies to help all students be able to afford to 
create an Eco Award contest entry. 
i.  Albright concludes the discussion by stating that this year’s event was a great success. 
F. 8:21pm Urban Animal Husbandry Committee   (10 min:  Jung and Simmons) 
1. Simmons will write a report on this topic and will send it out to the EC next week via email. 
G. 8:22pm Waste Reduction Committee   (3 min: Albright) 
1. Albright recounts that this EC committee began as a result of seeing the volume of waste produced 
by a Taste of Bloomington event. 
2. The three local events Albright intends to focus on with this committee are the Taste of 
Bloomington, Lotus Fest, and the tasting days at the Bloomington Farmers’ Market. 
3. The Taste of Bloomington’s organizers are working hard to minimize their waste. 
a.  Many parties are participating in the conversation on how to realize this goal.  
Representatives from City Hall, Petal Power, Hoosier Disposal, BIRA, and the Chamber 
of Commerce are all involved. 
b.  Three different waste disposal stations would be located throughout the event featuring 
various bins for recycling, trash, food waste, and liquid waste.  Raising awareness of 
issues such as Styrofoam being recyclable is another initiative. 
z
Page 5 
c.  One of the disposal stations could be staffed by the EC.  EC members who participate 
could receive a free pass for the Taste of Bloomington.  Albright invites EC members to 
convey their interest in this volunteer opportunity to her. 
4. Lotus Fest waste management meetings will be upcoming. 
5. Farmers’ Market waste reduction: 
a.  There is a need to increase awareness of what is recyclable and encourage people to think 
before they throw something away. 
b.  People should be encouraged to bring their own spoon to the soup tasting day. 
c.  Jung suggests the possibility of a spork giveaway by the EC. 
d.  Albright mentions that is important to keep the focus on public tasting events and not 
challenge vendors on what they are supplying to consumers. 
6. Moncavage is interested in being involved with the waste reduction committee. 
7. Thompson notes that the City’s Parks and Recreation Department organizes the Taste of 
Bloomington.  They will need to be contacted regarding the logistics of waste management and 
working on the issue of recyclables being contaminated by trash. 
a.  Jung notes that the IU Office of Sustainability has worked on sorting recyclables in the 
past.  
H. 8:35 pm McDoel Switchyard (Albright) 
1. Albright notes that the EC has been requested to send a representative to McDoel Switchyard 
stakeholder meetings.  Lindberg is unable to be the EC’s representative because of her own 
involvement with the project. 
VI. 8:37pm  Old business   (20 min) 
A.  GPP discussion on Vision Statement letter   (5 min: Litwin) 
1. Moved to the EC’s May meeting due to quorum not being met. 
VII  8:37pm New business   (23 min) 
A. Summer interns    (3 min: Pezzullo, Dowling, Thompson) 
1. This issue was discussed earlier in the meeting. 
2. Thompson will be working on arranging a time for EC members to discuss the internship 
applications received. 
B.  Committee membership   (20 min: Albright) 
1. Albright notes that low attendance at tonight’s meeting makes it difficult to conclusively discuss 
EC committee memberships, and that filling all available roles within the EC may prove difficult 
in the current period of low membership. 
2. Albright volunteers to switch from the ECPC to a committee with greater need if necessary.  
Thompson argues that given the prominence of the committee, Albright should remain on the 
ECPC unless a new EC member steps forward to join the group in her stead. 
3. Current areas of need for EC representatives include the Tree Commission, the MPO (metropolitan 
planning organization) Citizen’s Advisory Committee, the GPP Steering Committee, and the EC’s 
BEQI committee. 
4. Thompson states that Regina DiLavore was the last EC representative for the MPO Citizen’s 
Advisory Committee and adds that now would be a good time to have a presence on this particular 
group because construction is starting on Section 5 of I-69. 
5. Moncavage  signs up for the BEQI committee.  She is particularly interested in working on projects 
relating to energy.  She previously interned with Hoosier Energy and has contacts there.  
Moncavage adds that while  she doesn’t have a background in air or transportation issues, she 
could learn. 
6. Other current EC committee assignments include Litwin as the EC representative for the City’s 
Deer Task Force, Jung working on Lawns for Life; and Albright and Moncavage on the EC’s 
Waste Committee. 
z
Page 6 
7. Wednesday May 16
th
is next Tree Commission meeting.  Jung suggests that a rotation of EC 
members attending that commission’s meetings could begin. 
VIII.  8:47 pm Commissioner Announcements (10 min) 
A.  Hathaway is leaving for the summer but will return in fall.  She will be travelling to Beijing for a study 
abroad program on China’s public sector then will complete an internship with the EPA in DC.  The EC 
thanks her for her good work. 
B.  Simmons is leaving the EC permanently.  The EC praises his hard work on the Eco Awards ceremony. 
C.  Lindberg reports on various environmentally-related projects. 
1.   Recent events: Additional photos have been released from the MLK Day bike bells giveaway.  A 
McDoel Switchyard cleanup day recently took place for Global Youth Services Day.  Lindberg 
will soon be graduating from Indiana Watershed Leadership Program.   An adopt-a-stream 
program for the Bloomington area is in development.  Finally, Lindberg was recently involved 
with a Science Olympiad competition featuring many projects relating to water quality. 
2.    Upcoming project: Lindberg will be tabling at a conference on stormwater management.  She 
requests that spare copies be made of all the EC’s water-related brochures. 
D.  Jung is looking forward to tabling for the EC at the Farmers’ Market. 
1. Jung accepts that this is primarily her responsibility but welcomes EC members to take a shift. 
2. The EC will have a presence at the upcoming Blooming Neighborhoods special event. 
IX.  9:00pm Adjournment  
A.  Carrie moves for the meeting to be adjourned.  Jung seconds. The motion passes unanimously.   
City of Bloomington 
Environmental Commission 
401 N. Morton Street ▪ Bloomington, IN 47404
_
City Hall       
Phone: (812) 349-3423 ▪ Fax: (812) 349-3535 
www.bloomington.in.gov 
e-mail: environment@bloomington.in.gov
ENVIRONMENTAL COMMISSION MINUTES 
Thursday, March 22, 2012, 7:00 pm 
City Hall – McCloskey Room, 401 North Morton Street 
Attending:
Carrie Albright (Chair), Meredith Dowling, Meg Hathaway (Intern), Chaim Julian, Mike Litwin, Phaedra Pezzullo, 
Will Simmons (Intern), and Linda Thompson (Staff), Dianne May; Andy Williams; Carissa Moncavage 
Absent:
Diane Jung, Kriste Lindberg 
I.  Introductions: New Commissioners   (3 min) 
A.  Andy Williams   
1. Williams recently graduated from the Maurer School of Law at IU and is now a graduate fellow 
attorney with the Conservation Law Center, a nonprofit law firm in Bloomington that works for 
environmental organizations and other clients on conservation and environmental issues. 
B.  Dianne May 
1. May is an experienced community activist who cares about environmental issues in the 
Bloomington community. 
C.  Carissa Moncavage 
1.  Moncavage recently earned an MPA/MSES degree from SPEA at Indiana University.  She has 
been a Bloomington resident for six years and excited to be joining the EC. 
II.  Announcements   (2 min) 
A. Next Environmental Commission meeting:   Thursday, April 26
th
, 7:00 pm, McCloskey
Room 
B. Next Planning Committee meetings:   March 28
th
, & April 12
th
, 4:10 pm, Planning Dept. 
C. Next Tree Commission meeting:   April 18
th
, 9:30 am, Rose Hill Office 
III.  Approval of February minutes      (5 min) 
A.  Dowling motions for the approval of the February EC minutes.  Pezzullo seconds. The motion passes 
unanimously. 
IV.  Public comment   (10 min)  
A.  Alena Degradl 
1. Degradl introduces herself as an IU senior attending the EC meeting as an assignment for her urban 
planning class. 
V.  Committee Reports & discussions   (75 min)    
A. Planning Committee & Sr. Environmental Planner   (10 min: Chaim, Carrie, Mike, Linda)    
1. Thompson provides all updates for this section of the minutes. 
2. Renwick Village Center is requesting an amendment to the Renwick PUD to allow for a pilates 
studio to be built on the second floor or their property.  Originally the PUD stated that offices 
would be built on the second floor. 
Documents you may be interested
Documents you may be interested