To the top
To the top
For adding a digital signature
For a digital signature field
access it later. You can log in to EchoSign with your Adobe ID or create an account.
1. When the document is complete and you have added your signature or initials, click Send Signed Document in the Sign pane.
2. When prompted, “You added a signature or initials. Do you want to finalize the changes?”, click Confirm and Send.
3. Specify the location for the file, and click Save.
4. When prompted "Your signed document will be uploaded to Adobe EchoSign…", click Upload.
5. When EchoSign opens in your browser, fill in the requested fields, and click Deliver.
6. Follow the onscreen instruction to register and complete sending the document.
Get PDFs signed by others using EchoSign
You can get documents signed by others using EchoSign. EchoSign is an online service that lets users quickly sign documents in a web browser,
without requiring a digital ID. The service keeps track of the entire process.
The EchoSign service emails your signers that you'd like them to sign a document. They review and sign the document on the secure EchoSign
website. Once signed, both you and your signers receive the signed PDF in email. EchoSign stores the signed document in your account for
future reference. For more information, visit www.echosign.com.
1. Open the PDF you want to have signed.
2. Open the Sign pane (click Sign on the right side of the toolbar).
3. Click Get Others To Sign to open the panel.
4. Click Send for Signature.
5. When the message “The document has been uploaded to Adobe EchoSign” appears, click Proceed to Adobe EchoSign to continue.
6. When the EchoSign website opens in your web browser, follow the onscreen instructions to send the PDF.
Sign with a digital ID
In Reader, only PDFs with Reader Usage Rights enabled can be signed using a digital ID. If you don’t have a digital ID, the onscreen instructions
help you create one. For more information, see Digital IDs.
1. Open the PDF you want to sign.
2. Do one of the following:
Click Work with Certificates in the Sign pane, and then click Sign with Certificate. Draw a rectangle to place
the signature. (If this option is disabled, the PDF creator did not enable the PDF for digital signatures.)
If you're viewing the PDF in a browser, in the toolbar at the top of the window, click the Sign icon .
If a form contains a digital signature field, double click the field to open the Sign Document dialog box.
3. If no digital signatures are configured, the Add digital ID dialog box displays. Follow the onscreen instructions to create a signature.
4. In the Sign Document dialog box, do the following:
Choose a Signature from the Sign As menu.
Enter the Password for the selected digital signature
Select an Appearance, or choose Create New Appearance. See Create a signature appearance.
Enable Lock Document After Signing if this option is available. Select it only if you are the last recipient to sign the document. Selecting
this option locks all fields, including the signature field.
5. Click Sign to place the digital signature on the PDF.
are blocked. For more information, see Sign in Preview Document mode in Acrobat Help.