Help: Images, Signatures, Objects, Imprints
Adding an Image
1. Click the Insert button
in the toolbar.
2. In the dialog that opens, navigate to the image you want to insert and click Open.
3. The image will be placed in the center of the page by default.
Tips on Adding an Image
You can drag-and-drop an image from any folder on your computer directly to the PDF
You can also drag an image from Safari, iPhoto, or other applications that support image
drag-and-drop, and drop it into PDFpen.
You can use the Clipboard to copy and paste an image to the PDF page. Click on the page
you want the image to appear in before pasting. If no page is selected, and the keyboard
focus is on the Thumbnails, the image will appear on a new page among your Thumbnails.
Adding a Signature
You can insert a scanned image of your signature into a PDF just as you would any other image.
But it's often necessary to make the background of the signature transparent.
1. Scan your signature, crop it to size, and save it as an image file, such as JPEG, TIFF, or
2. Follow the steps above to insert the scanned signature into your document.
3. With the signature selected,
choose Edit > Make Transparent
4. In the window that opens, use the
eyedropper to click on the
background color of the signature.
The Tolerance slider can adjust
how sharp the edge of the the
5. Click Make Transparent.
6. If your signature appears too thin,
choose Edit > Undo, and repeat
Step 3 with decreased tolerance.
7. Use resizing handles, with the Shift
key held down to constrain
proportions, to resize the signature
to fit appropriately.
Tips for Adding A Signature
Once you've added your signature
to a PDF, you can save it in the
Library to reuse in the future. See
Library for instructions.
If your scanned image is too large, you can crop it first. To crop the image, see
You can edit images that are part of the original PDF, as well as images that you add.
1. Select the Edit tool (arrow)
2. Click in an image to select it.
3. Once an image is selected, you have several options:
Delete the image by choosing Edit > Delete from the menu.
Copy the image by choosing Edit > Copy from the menu. The image can now be
pasted to another page or another PDF.
Move the image by dragging it to another location.
Resize the selected image by dragging the selection handles. You can also choose
Edit > Expand Image to Fit Page; the image will be enlarged to its maximum size
that fits on the page.
Crop the selected image. See
Cropping Images below.
Make Transparent Image. See
Adding A Signature above.