© 2016 LexisNexis. All rights reserved.
click OK twice and then click Add.
3. In the Add New Profile dialog box type the name of the new profile and a description.
4. Select the licenses to include in the profile.
5. To set this profile as the default profile for the current user, select Default Profile.
6. Click OK.
The new license profile is displayed in the LAW Profile Manager dialog box. If selected
as the default profile, it is automatically highlighted.
7. To automatically check out licenses and bypass the LAW Profile Manager, select the
profile as the default profile. Then deselect Prompt for profile when starting LAW in
the LAW Profile Manager dialog box.
To re-enable the setting that automatically opens the LAW Profile Manager, set
in the profman.ini file in
. The section in the
INI file containing this setting is in the following format:
To hide the system profiles
Hiding a profile can be useful to safeguard against inadvertently selecting the wrong profile.
For example, the LAW Profile Manager populates the Profiles area with two system profiles
<Any Available Licenses>, and <Custom>. To prevent users from checking out more
licenses than needed, these profiles may be hidden.
1. Start the LAW Profile Manager.
2. Click File, and then click Switch to Administrative Mode. Enter the administrative
password, click OK, and then OK again.
3. Right-click the system profile to hide and then click Hide System Profile.
To restore the system profiles
Right-click anywhere in the Profile area and then click Restore Hidden Profiles.
About Administrative Mode
You must switch the LAW Profile Manager to administrative mode before you can perform
several administrative functions, such as reclaiming undocked keys (hardware key licensing
only), working with licenses, and working with profiles.
One way to switch to administrative mode is to start the LAW Profile Manager, and then, on
the File menu, click Switch to Administrative Mode and then type the administrator
password. Alternatively, there are many features that require you to provide the