195NitroPDFProfessionalsoftware user guide
Searching & Indexing
The location you targeted for your index file, whether it is a folder,
hard drive or external media source, may be an area where you add
new files and delete old files. When files are added to the area you
indexed, you need to rebuild the index to include the new files in
your index file.. When files are deleted from the area you indexed,
you need to purge the index to clear out unnecessary data no longer
used by the index.
To rebuild and purge index files:
1. Press Control + F to open the Search palette.
2. Click the Search Index tool to open the options for working
with an index.
3. In the Select Index window, select the index file to edit.
When the indexes are visible, check the box for the index you
want to edit, and click the Edit button in the index selection
5. In the Build Index window, do one of the following:
• Click the Rebuild button. A dialog box opens reporting
the progress of the rebuild. Wait until Nitro PDF finishes
rebuilding the index. When Nitro PDF finishes the build,
you are returned to the Build Index window, where you
can perform additional edits or close the window.
• Click the Purge button. When the purge completes, click
OK in the dialog box to return to the Build Index window.
The index is now compacted and will perform much
faster after purging old data.