pdf viewer in asp.net c# : Add jpg to pdf online control SDK system azure wpf windows console AgSept2014backgroundnotesPDF0-part62

AGENDA FOR PEDALS MONTHLY MEETING: 7.30pm on Monday 15 September 2014 at  
The Vat and Fiddle, 12-14 Queensbridge Road, Nottingham NG2 1NB 
1.  Welcome, and apologies for absence, and including brief introductions 
2. Minutes of the previous Pedals
Meeting (18 Aug 2014) and including checking for accuracy, 
and matters arising / update including 
- Pedals stall management 
- Pedals website updates and fixing a date for training for volunteers willing to help Larry with minor updates 
- Space for Cycling Campaign: Update on lobbying local councillors 
- Path across Chilwell Manor Golf Course between Beeston and Attenborough 
- Beeston Station railway bridge shared path project 
- NET issues including updated tram tracks safety advice for cyclists and its wider dissemination, and search for possible 
alternative routes away from the tram tracks, and TravelRight Broxtowe tram tracks safety tips rides, and further comments on 
the proposed use of VeloSTRAIL track filler, etc. 
‘Bridal path’ sign saga, on riverside p
ath near Attenborough 
- Improvements to cycle signing in the 
vicinity of the Queen’s Drive 
Park and Ride site and nearby subways, etc. 
- Ring Road Major Project: Hucknall Road roundabout 
- Ring Road Major Project: Crown Island subway temporary closure and proposed changes from next year 
- Highways Agency A52 (Bramcote Island 
Dunkirk Island) Non-Motorised User Study: update re Pedals objections 
- proposed extension to the tram network to Kimberley - implications for cyclists: my message of 31 July to Peter Briggs et al: 
- Pedals comments on Rushcliffe BC Planning Application number: 14/01417/OUT - Land East and West Of Nottingham Road 
South Of Clifton: Outline application for the development of a sustainable urban extension comprising residential development  
employment development and retail development  
3. Report on recent meetings / events by people who have attended on behalf of Pedals 
including 
- 27 Aug meeting with John Grimshaw re HS2 cycleway feasibility study (follow-up to meeting of 30 July) 
- 28 Aug meeting with Sustrans and other interested parties to discuss progressing proposals for a new cycle- 
-pedestrian bridge over the Trent in the Trent Basin - The Hook (Ladybay) area 
4. Finance and Membership (David Easley and Hilary Backhouse to report) 
- Including updates on membership renewals and new memberships 
5. Forthcoming events / meetings 
Pedals meetings including invitations to visiting speakers, review of the agenda layout, chairing future meetings and 
the need to contact The Vat and Fiddle for preparing (e.g. heating) the room. 
Chairing arrangements.for October and November meetings. 
Preparation for discussion at the November meeting with Paddy Tipping, Police and Crime Commissioner for Notts. 
Suggestions for future guest speakers, including update on Citycard bikes, usage, expansion and ebike hire plans 
Pedals 35
th
birthday celebration eventsupdate re suggestions and approx. timing and organisations responsibilities 
“Carnival ride”; 
?? 
- EMCF meeting in Nottingham, Sat 18 October, 
Trent Bridge Inn 
details to be discussed include update on speakers and 
draft programme, catering, charges (if tt all|), bike parking, speakers and equipment needs, afternoon ride, advance 
registration, volunteer needs and who will be coming and can help with these. 
Booking the proposed celebration meal: “Antalya”; November or 
?1 December 
Other meetings / events: 
- 25 Sept (6.30pm): Police and Crime Commissioner Community Stakeholder Board Meetings, Lindhurst Rooms, Mansfield 
Civic Centre 
- (suggested agenda items for) 30 Sept Greater Nottm Cycling Development Group 
- Sat 11 Oct (11.30) First Annual Progress Meeting of the Derwent Valley Cycleway Group, Nailers (Football Club Premises) 
Belper..  
- Tues 14 Oct (7-9pm): 
Canal & River Trust’s East Midlands Waterway Partnership 
Annual Public Meeting, Nottm Castle 
- Sat 22 Nov, CTC 
Cyclenation National Campaigners Conference, London.
6. Cycle facility and traffic management matters including 
- request for feedback on the 2 new DfT-funded Junction Cycle Safety Schemes: Abbey Street by the Dunkirk roundabout and 
Mansfield Road / Forest Road East 
- Mansfield Road Junctions with Gregory Boulevard and Huntingdon Street 
- Hucknall Town Centre Improvement Scheme proposals 
- Pedals comments on proposed Taylor Wimpey Housing scheme off Melton Road, Edwalton, West Bridgford 
- Notts CC consultation letter of 5 Sept re Installation of Toucan Crossing on Mapperley Plains (B684) near junction with Hopkin 
Court- comments needed by 29 Sept 
- Gedling BC consultation re Planning Application 2014/0915: Construction of a 3.8km long road linking A612 Burton Rd and 
B684 Mapperley Plains Road (Gedling Access Road): comments needed by 26 Sept 
Add jpg to pdf online - insert images into PDF in C#.net, ASP.NET, MVC, Ajax, WinForms, WPF
Sample C# code to add image, picture, logo or digital photo into PDF document page using PDF page editor control
how to add a picture to a pdf file; add image to pdf file
Add jpg to pdf online - VB.NET PDF insert image library: insert images into PDF in vb.net, ASP.NET, MVC, Ajax, WinForms, WPF
Guide VB.NET Programmers How to Add Images in PDF Document
how to add picture to pdf; acrobat add image to pdf
7. Miscellaneous items 
 proposed timing for going to press of next Pedals newsletter (no 100 , Autumn 2014) 
- Cyclists using footway by A453 roadworks 
- mobile phone and taxis 
- Transport Direct website closure: implications for cycle mapping and cyclists 
- Left Lion piece on Cycling in Nottingham: message of 10 Sept from Julian Bentley 
- Update on possible review of Pedals attitude to cycle helmets and the process for consulting the wider Pedals membership 
about this. 
8. Any other business   
BACKGROUND NOTES including some extracts from relevant emails 
1.  Apologies for absence from  
Mara Ozolins, Roland Backhouse (returning that day from John O’Groats after riding from Lands End)
Minutes of the Pedals Meeting held at 7.30pm in the Vat & Fiddle Public House, Queens Bridge 
Road, Nottingham on Monday, 18
th
August, 2014
Present: Hugh McClintock, Jonathan Avis, Terry Scott, Arthur Williams, Peter Briggs, Steve Holland, Iain Lane, Rosie 
Lundberg, David Lally. 
Apologies were received from: Andrew Martin, Roy Wilson, David Easley, Susan Young, Roland & Hilary Backhouse. 
Minutes of July Meeting were agreed.  
Matters Arising and Updates:  
Following meeting with Tramlink, a video has been produced which is now on the internet. Discussion followed about 
instances where tram lines are at 45 degrees to the line of traffic, e.g. Radford Road, Weekday Cross on line 1 and Abbey 
Street/Lenton Lane junction on the new line. Alternative routes in Chilwell are indirect, but it is not clear how the road layouts 
will be when the tram lines are completed. 
EMCF meeting 
one speaker agreed, from Sustrans. Waiting for a response from Peak Cycle Link and unclear if this link is 
really to go ahead as planned. Agreed to stick to planned venue of Trent Bridge Inn. Further discussion next month. 
Space for Cycling campaign 
Councillors are being asked to sign up to the campaign. City council are in the process of 
signing up as a whole. Peter noted that following from Roland’s rep
ort from the meeting in July, the organization of the 
campaign is unclear. There was also a discussion about how we can use this “signing up” as a way to get action on cycling. 
There are specific targets that councillors are signing up to support. 
Reports on recent meetings: 
CDG 
City Council have been awarded additional money for cross-city cycle routes and cycle links to places of work. On the 
other hand general Local Transport Plan funding for cycle facilities is being cut, which will have a negative impact for the 
County Council. 
Although some information was given at the Cycle Forum, there is no definite date for a meeting about the Station Cycle Hub, 
although there should be an opportunity to discuss the plans with a few people from EMT due to come to the next CDG 
meeting, on 30 September. 
Still problems regarding cycle routes on HA run trunk roads, but a new representative, Joseph Barrow of A-One Plus, local 
agents for the HA, did attend the CDG meeting. The A52 study that has recently been completed simply explains why nearly all 
proposed improvements cannot be made within the current framework which is very disappointing, it was agreed. Peter B will 
write to Joseph Barrow from A1+ in response to this and he and Hugh will raise this at the next CDG meeting. 
Sustrans 
Hugh met Cathy Lee local co-ordinator of the Smarter Travel team to discuss mainly ideas about cycle mapping. 
An idea from Germany has been posted by David on Pedals Facebook page. All are encouraged to take a look and give 
feedback. 
Membership 
Hilary not present to report. 
Finance 
nothing to report. 
VB.NET PDF Convert to Jpeg SDK: Convert PDF to JPEG images in vb.
Add necessary references page As PDFPage = doc.GetPage(0) ' Convert the first PDF page to page.ConvertToImage(ImageType.JPEG, Program.RootPath + "\\Output.jpg").
add image to pdf file acrobat; adding an image to a pdf file
C# PDF Convert to Jpeg SDK: Convert PDF to JPEG images in C#.net
example, this C#.NET PDF to JPEG converter library will name the converted JPEG image file Output.jpg. Convert PDF to JPEG Using C#.NET. Add necessary references
how to add photo to pdf in preview; how to add an image to a pdf
Future Pedals Meeting plans: 
Andrew to chair September meeting. 
Paddy Tipping will be guest speaker in November. 
35
th
birthday meal 
to discuss next month. 
Cycle Facilities/traffic management: 
Hugh will attend a meeting on 28
th
August re. proposed cycle bridge over Trent on east side of city. Support from John Rhodes 
and Nick Ebbs. Matt Easter also to attend. 
Hugh had been invited to a meeting to discuss cycling in Mapperley on 6 August, but was not able to attend. 
Nottingham Ring Road Major. City are making changes in order to increase capacity of the route. This has tended to squeeze 
out some potential improvements for cyclists. Currently they are working on the Hucknall Road roundabout 
a public 
consultation meeting happened on 7
th
August. Iain Lane has looked at the proposals in detail and there are some poor details 
firstly the long wait that is likely for cyclists having to cross a two stage toucan crossing and poor design of the re-entry to the 
carriageway on the north side of Hucknall Road. Iain to send comments to Hugh, who will pass on to City Council. 
Link across Chilwell Manor Golf Course. Unfortunately barriers have been installed, but as this is only a right of way for 
pedestrians, it was agreed that it is better to leave this as an issue. 
Shared path route in Beeston over the railway near the station 
Brian Goss has made some comments. It was agreed that 
Hugh should send an email the contact in the County Council endorsing these comments. 
Need to keep an eye out for plans re extension of tram from Phoenix Park to Kimberley which may impact on key local cycle 
routes, e.g. under the M1. 
3,000 house planning application has been put in for an area next to Clifton. Hugh is planning to go to a public meeting in 
Ruddington tomorrow where the plans will be available to view. 
Other Business:  
CycleNation 
consultation on future. The questionnaire appears to be asking similar questions to the one circulated last year. 
It was agreed that this is not high priority. 
Safety and HGVs 
There was a discussion about the problems around Lower Parliament Street and BBC Island, following the 
fatal accident involving a cyclist and HGV at junction of Pennyfoot Street. 
Safety and Tram Tracks 
need for further awareness raising for drivers, including bus drivers. Gina Musa has suggested 
taking cyclists around the tram tracks as part of cyclist training.  
There is a need for clear signage between Lenton Lane and across Queens Drive P&R. Hugh to raise this with Keith Morgan in 
advance of next CDG. 
The meeting closed at 9.45 pm.  
Updates after dispatch of last Agenda on 14 Aug and matters arising from minutes of recent 
meetings: there was a brief verbal report on these messages at the last meeting (18 Aug) 
Route across Chilwell Manor Golf Course: message of 15 Aug from Adrian Juffs: 
Hugh 
Can't quickly remember where this got to but a friend happened to mention they had taken the matter up separately - below is 
the reply they received. 
I've looked and the gates are fine for cyclists to get the bikes through … though more difficult for rec
umbent trikes, and I guess 
for the disabled too. 
Adrian 
Dear xxxx 
The gates you refer to are authorised structures on a public footpath and were erected at the request of the golf club on the 
grounds of Public Safety under section 66 Highways Act 1980, due to cyclists illegally using the path at fast speeds, crossing 
three fairways putting themselves and others at risk of injury. 
A public footpath is the right to pass and repass over private land, we do not own it nor can we approve of use by cyclists, 
official or otherwise. The only person who can give consent for cyclists to use a public footpath is the owner of the land e.g. the 
Golf Club which in this case they do not. 
The path has a pre-existing chicane barrier on it and the gates present no more a restriction to users than this. I intentionally 
resisted fitting hoop contained kissing gates in order that as high a level of access as possible can be maintained. 
C# Image Convert: How to Convert Adobe PDF to Jpeg, Png, Bmp, &
Add necessary references to your C# project: String inputFilePath = @"C:\input.pdf"; String outputFilePath = @"C:\output.jpg"; // Convert PDF to jpg.
add photo to pdf file; add signature image to pdf
C# Image Convert: How to Convert Tiff Image to Jpeg, Png, Bmp, &
Add necessary references to your C# project: RasterEdge.XDoc.PDF.dll. inputFilePath = @"C:\input.tif"; String outputFilePath = @"C:\output.jpg"; // Convert tiff
add image to pdf acrobat reader; how to add image to pdf acrobat
I will continue to monitor the situation on this path. 
Bob Knowles 
TBH Countryside Access Team 
Nottinghamshire County Council 
County Hall 
West Bridgford 
NG2 7QP 
Area Rights of Way Officer (Ashfield, Broxtowe & Gedling) Telephone 0115 977 4559 
….comments of 15 Aug from Andy Wignell:
Thanks Hugh. 
I have walked my bike across a few times lately and each time golfers told me I could cycle across. Certainly not all the golfers 
have an issue with bikes. That said, I guess most cyclists will have been considerate in using this path, but it only takes one not 
to be... 
It strikes me that their concern for cyclists crossing the fairways should also apply to pedestrians (who are permitted to use the 
path). Plus most of the pedestrians won't be wearing protective headgear! 
I'm aware that neither of these observations change the legalities and may have little bearing. 
Anyway, thanks for taking it to the Pedals meeting on Monday. I might have joined you, but am away I'm afraid. 
Andy. 
Dovecote Lane - Greenway/Cycleway 
message of 16 Aug from Adrian Hirst and Ros Holden, forwarded to Brian 
Goss and Peter Briggs et al. 
I wonder if any of you, with your much greater detailed local knowledge than mine, might perhaps have any comments on this 
message from Adrian Hirst and Ros Holden? 
Thanks, Hugh 
From: Adrian Hirst  
Sent: 16 August 2014 12:22 
To: Ros Holden 
Cc: Hugh McClintock  
Subject: Dovecote Lane - Greenway/Cycleway 
Thanks for this and other correspondence. I have copied in Hugh Mclintock from Pedals with this particular response following 
your reference to the concept of Dovecote Lane being considered as a possible Green Lane/ Cycleway. If this was being 
seriously considered as part of TR5015 then Pedals are likely to be the most knowledgeable folks for an impartial update etc. 
This would fit in quite well with the current work to add Cycle Lanes to Station Bridge to promote more cycling to local schools 
with intelligently targeted safety improvements. The other interesting point related to this is that the funding seems to come 
from the Environment/Healthy Lifestyle Budget rather than Highways. Maybe the Environment/Healthy Lifestyle Folks would be 
more sympathetic to funding your overall vision of improved traffic calming and cycling provision than Highways? 
Thanks Again 
Adrian 
On 15/08/2014 23:31, Ros Holden wrote: 
Hi Adrian,   
You are certainly not rabbiting on. It is important that the County Council is not allowed to wriggle out of promised undertakings 
and obligations, as it appears to be threatening to do.  
Just to remind all concerned that proposals for parking restrictions on Dovecote Lane, TRO 5125, were drawn up by the County 
Council in Sept 2011, with the objective of providing “junction protection and to assist the emergency services and local 
residents to negotiate the affected roads” (all items in quotes are from correspondence from the Senio
r Improvements Officer at 
Notts CC Major Projects and Improvements Department). Consultation took place in the latter part of 2011, and 2012, with a 
deadline for written observations of 8 August 2012. These proposals included limited waiting restrictions on Dovecote Lane. 
Local residents, Councillors and the Parking Manager for Broxtowe attended consultation meetings and we sent in 
correspondence regarding proposed amendments which we were given to expect would be incorporated into the plans. This 
was the last we heard on the matter, although we do have copies of all correspondence and plans should you wish to see 
them.  
Despite our regular attendance at meetings, and correspondence on the matter, we were never informed either verbally or in 
writing that TRO5125 had been put on hold. A verbal inquiry to the department in 2013 produced an undertaking of a Beeston 
wide review following implementation of the tram. 
C# Create PDF from images Library to convert Jpeg, png images to
1.bmp")); images.Add(new Bitmap(Program.RootPath + "\\" 1.jpg")); images.Add(new Bitmap(Program.RootPath + "\\" 1.png")); / Build a PDF document with
add a jpg to a pdf; add image to pdf preview
VB.NET Create PDF from images Library to convert Jpeg, png images
1.bmp")) images.Add(New REImage(Program.RootPath + "\\" 1.jpg")) images.Add(New REImage(Program.RootPath + "\\" 1.png")) ' Build a PDF document with
acrobat insert image into pdf; add picture to pdf document
Looking back, I suspect that the mysterious disappearance of TRO 5125 was because somebody somewhere decided that 
Dovecote Lane, a historic road in a conservation area, with pavement on one side only in its upper portion, and the location of 
two parks, and extensive accommodation for older and vulnerable adults, and designated by the CC as a quiet route suitable 
for cyclists, would be a suitable short cut for construction vehicles! Hence the introduction of a one way system (two days after 
informing residents) and temporary double yellow lines. Since this point, the road has become a habitual cut through for 
impatient commuters, an unofficial free car park for commuters and the problems of displacement parking, speeding, vehicle 
noise and vibration on the road have been severe, with a number of near misses.  
To my certain knowledge, the imperatives described by the County Council in the first sentence of this email are now more 
pressing than ever and the plans need to be resurrected and acted upon.  
Kate, please could you inquire into the disappearance of TRO 5125 and request that these proposals now be resurrected and 
moved to action - in particular we would like to ensure that the modifications that we proposed and discussed with Steph 
Walford and the team have been incorporated into the proposals. 
I also need to remind everyone of the following email below from Peter Goode dated 9 May 2013: When the yellow lines are 
removed, which given that the one way system has now been removed, we expect to be imminent, the problem will be even 
more pressing, although resumed commuter parking on the upper part of Dovecote Lane will at least slow the traffic down and 
reduce the danger:  
Kind regards,  
Ros Holden 
On 15 Aug 2014, at 20:07, Adrian Hirst wrote 
Apologies for rabbiting on a bit but I felt it important to document this. 
The first email confirms the statement in my previous email that Broxtowe gave assurances that funding would be available to 
help sort out our parking issues once the temporary arrangements associated with the tram works expired. 
The second email confirms this funding commitment and gives a flavour of the past 'Cone Fiasco' that is likely to return with the 
opening of the Interchange unless a sensible way forward is agreed by all parties. 
Kindest Regards 
Adrian   
From: Delaney, John < HYPERLINK "mailto:John.Delaney@broxtowe.gov.uk" HYPERLINK 
"mailto:John.Delaney@broxtowe.gov.uk" HYPERLINK 
"mailto:John.Delaney@broxtowe.gov.uk"John.Delaney@broxtowe.gov.uk HYPERLINK 
"mailto:John.Delaney@broxtowe.gov.uk" HYPERLINK "mailto:John.Delaney@broxtowe.gov.uk" HYPERLINK 
"mailto:John.Delaney@broxtowe.gov.uk"> to Adrian Hirst,  
Hyde, Ruth < HYPERLINK "mailto:Ruth.Hyde@broxtowe.gov.uk" HYPERLINK "mailto:Ruth.Hyde@broxtowe.gov.uk" 
HYPERLINK "mailto:Ruth.Hyde@broxtowe.gov.uk"Ruth.Hyde@broxtowe.gov.uk HYPERLINK 
"mailto:Ruth.Hyde@broxtowe.gov.uk" HYPERLINK "mailto:Ruth.Hyde@broxtowe.gov.uk" HYPERLINK 
"mailto:Ruth.Hyde@broxtowe.gov.uk"> 
Musto, Derek < HYPERLINK "mailto:Derek.Musto@broxtowe.gov.uk" HYPERLINK "mailto:Derek.Musto@broxtowe.gov.uk" 
HYPERLINK "mailto:Derek.Musto@broxtowe.gov.uk"Derek.Musto@broxtowe.gov.uk HYPERLINK 
"mailto:Derek.Musto@broxtowe.gov.uk" HYPERLINK "mailto:Derek.Musto@broxtowe.gov.uk" HYPERLINK 
"mailto:Derek.Musto@broxtowe.gov.uk"> 
Ian Parker < HYPERLINK "mailto:ian.parker@nottscc.gov.uk" HYPERLINK "mailto:ian.parker@nottscc.gov.uk" HYPERLINK 
"mailto:ian.parker@nottscc.gov.uk"ian.parker@nottscc.gov.uk HYPERLINK "mailto:ian.parker@nottscc.gov.uk" HYPERLINK 
"mailto:ian.parker@nottscc.gov.uk" HYPERLINK "mailto:ian.parker@nottscc.gov.uk"> 
Adrian 
Thank you for your recent email, the Chief Executive has asked me to reply to you. 
Regrettably, to cut a long story short, I am not able to give you the reassurances or timescales you seek. 
The Borough Council has no powers to introduce, amend or withdraw yellow lines. It is totally reliant on the County Council to 
do so. 
That said, the Borough Council is already prepared to 50% fund such schemes (possibly 100% if I can get political approval to 
do so). But even if the Borough Council could 100% fund the schemes, it would still require officer and political approval from 
the County Council which I cannot guarantee. 
I am meeting with an officer from the County Council next week to see what progress can be made. I will report back after that 
meeting. 
Thanks, John 
From: Musto, Derek < HYPERLINK "mailto:Derek.Musto@broxtowe.gov.uk" HYPERLINK 
"mailto:Derek.Musto@broxtowe.gov.uk" HYPERLINK "mailto:Derek.Musto@broxtowe.gov.uk"Derek.Musto@broxtowe.gov.uk 
HYPERLINK "mailto:Derek.Musto@broxtowe.gov.uk" HYPERLINK "mailto:Derek.Musto@broxtowe.gov.uk" HYPERLINK 
"mailto:Derek.Musto@broxtowe.gov.uk">   
To: Adrian Hirst 
Hello Adrian 
Just to confirm we are on your side and are doing everything we can to ensure appropriate restrictions are considered at this 
location.  Broxtowe Borough Council have also allocated funding to facilitate implementation of new restrictions.  However that 
VB.NET PDF - Convert PDF with VB.NET WPF PDF Viewer
Highlight Text. Add Text. Add Text Box. Drawing Markups. PDF Print. Work PDF to image file formats with high quality, support converting PDF to PNG, JPG, BMP and
add image pdf; how to add jpg to pdf file
VB.NET PDF Convert to Images SDK: Convert PDF to png, gif images
Convert PDF to Jpg, Png, Bmp, Gif, Tiff and Bitmap in ASP.NET. VB.NET Project: Necessary DLLs for Conversion of PDF to Images. Add necessary references:
how to add image to pdf reader; how to add image to pdf form
said there is still a legal procedure which has to be followed, to ensure restrictions are being put in place for the right reasons, 
as there are severe implications to residents who live within the new schemes.  The County Council priorities new schemes 
based on safety and the most dangerous high risk site do take priority. 
The Dovecote Lane site is on the list of new scheme, however the County council will priorities, given they have ultimate 
responsibility for road safety on the highway.  There is also a consultation process which must take place, because any new 
scheme that is introduces must have the support of its residents if the scheme is to be successful.  When the County have 
prioritised its list and provided us with a timescale, I will gladly share this information with you. 
I know the cones are not the solution to the problem, however until there are permanent restrictions in place, the cones are the 
only measures I can take to ensure road safety, I will endeavour to retrieve displaced cones and reposition them as often as 
possible until permanent arrangements have be made.  
Thank you for your continued interest in this matter.  
Derek 
________________________________________________ 
Derek Musto 
Parking Manager 
Parking Services 
Broxtowe Borough Council 
Directorate of Environment 
Council Offices, Foster Avenue 
Beeston, Nottingham  NG9 1AB 
Tel: 0115 917 3620 
Fax: 0115 917 3600 
www.broxtowe.gov.uk 
-----Original Message----- 
From: Adrian Hirst [mailto:Adrian_Hirst@eggconnect.net
To: Musto, Derek 
Cc: Hyde, Ruth 
Subject: RE: FW: Parking Issues 
I am concerned things seem to be going round in circles here. 
The current situation involving regular visits by your team to Dovecote Lane to replace cones damaged by heavy traffic and 
rescue the ones thrown over the garden fences by passing drunks and other low life is unsustainable. The recent experiment to 
withdraw the cones was an abject failure with solid parking leading to an instant return of unacceptable congestion and access 
issues. 
I can understand that Nottinghamshire County Council are responsible for implementing a longer term solution. However, since 
the problem is a direct result of the Broxtowe Borough Council's new parking charges the funding for this work must logically 
come from the Project Team's overall budget. Otherwise part of the additional revenue which Broxtowe is attributing to the 
scheme would fundamentally be an unbudgeted financial burden on the County Council that otherwise would not exist? 
My question therefore is when are the Parking Charges Project Team going to sit down with the County Council to release the 
funding for the necessary extra yellow lines etc arising directly from the new parking charges regime and then brief local 
residents on an agreed timescale for all the relevant actions. 
Kindest Regards 
Adrian Hirst 
….comments of 16 Aug from Brian Goss
The North & south section of Dovecote Lane are an important link for cyclists to get between North Beeston & Rylands / 
Beeston Station but avoiding the busy & narrow Station Road. They also have a lot of blind corners and are popular short cuts 
for impatient drivers making for a difficult combination. The southern section of Dovecote Lane is part of NCN6. 
I have had a very near miss at the junction of Dovecote Lane and Queens Road because a car tried to overtake me and turn 
left at the same time...  
I would strongly support any proposal which included one or more of -  
20mph speed limits 
Toucan crossing at the junction with Queens Road.  
One way system in the Grove St / Barton St area. 
Brian 
Cyclists' safety and the NET - further slip on tram tracks etc.: message of 16 Aug from Kirstie Coolin: 
Dear Hugh/all 
I have just today seen someone slip on the tracks just outside the old police station (where my husband fell). 
Has there been any progress with Tram link putting in Velostrail?  Is this spot especially slippy? 
If any of these people had gone down when there was traffic on the road then there would have been casualties. 
Can our MP put some pressure on Tram link?  Or will Tram link do the safest and best for cyclists in Beeston by themselves? 
Best Regards, Kirstie 
….my response of 16 Aug to Kirstie:
Kirstie 
Thanks for your message. I am very sorry to hear about this further accident.  I agree that it would have been much more 
serious if there had been other traffic around 
It is very important that we make sure that Tramlink are aware of any such incidents, as agreed at our meeting with them on 24 
June, via the NET Phase Two Hotline on (0115) 924 2454, or www.thetram.net/phasetwo 
At the meeting we mentioned our earlier suggestions to install Velostrail at particularly problematic locations, and the clear 
reluctance of the contractors and other partners to do this. So far as I know there has been no change in their position on this. 
Although Anna Soubry is not my local MP, I do know that she has been copied in to several relevant emails by people who are 
among her constituents. From what I understand of her responses she is well aware of our concerns but has not shown any 
particular interest in taking them further. Other people to whom this response is copied, and who are constituents, might 
however like to correct me on that, or at least provide further information. 
I wonder if you have had a chance to see the cyclists and tram tracks safety advice video produced a few weeks ago by 
Tramlink, with cooperation from Pedals and Ridewise and, if so, whether you have any comments on its value and how we can 
further publicise its availability? I am keen at the next Pedals monthly meeting on Monday evening to discuss feedback on this, 
as well as to review where we are on other related issues, such as the search for reasonable practical alternative routes that 
can be signed both in the shorter and longer term. This has proved very difficult so far, despite several efforts by a lot of people 
over the last 2-3 years, including, most recently, Brian Goss. 
Best wishes, Hugh 
Comments of 17 Aug from Phil Hewitt, CEO, Tramlink Nottingham: 
Hugh 
I have raised this with the Construction team - it may be worth having a look on site to see if there is a particular problem 
(temporary or permanent) with the alignment at this site  
Re veloSTRAIL - I am concerned that people assume this is a simple insert into the grooved rail - which it isn't.  VeloSTRAIL is 
a fundamentally different track construction based upon railway level crossing design (rails on sleepers on ballast) and 
generally used where road traffic crosses the rails at close to perpendicular - which does not seem to be the real concern in 
Nottingham. 
In my past role, I obtained EU funding for TfL London Trams and the London Borough of Croydon to try out veloSTRAIL in 
general highway conditions specifically with traffic running closer to parallel to the rails.  Unfortunately the designers were 
unable to demonstrate that the system would hold safely up under traffic loads and the trial had to be abandoned.  As far as I 
am aware it has not progressed further. 
Regards, Phil 
Phil Hewitt 
Chief Executive, Tramlink Nottingham Ltd 
2nd Floor, St James Place House 
7 Castle Quay, Castle Boulevard 
Nottingham NG7 1FW  
Tel 0115 9388 919  Mob 07712 089 532 
….comments of 17 Aug from Steve Barber:
The problem imo as a regular cyclist is the lack of markings and restrictions forcing cyclists on to the tracks. At Porthmadog the 
police insisted on the flangeways being filled until the road was properly marked. It has now been cleared and I am unaware of 
further problems. I would advise temporary infill until the marking is completed. 
…..I agree she (Anna Soubry MP) will probably be entirely negative and use it as a political tool against her opponents. Best
solution is if TWA will do something positive. I have submitted my suggestion and will do so again. I suggest we all push for 
this. 
proposed 28 Aug date for meeting to discuss progressing proposals for a new cycle-pedestrian bridge over the Trent 
in the Trent Basin - The Hook (Ladybay) area 
comments from Tom Huggon, 18 Aug: 
Good morning Hugh and all, 
1.Am unable to be at meeting as already committed at same time. 
2. Agree with this bridge for all reasons some of you know well. 
3. As principle of such bridge is in agreed brief for development of Waterside Regeneration Zone {which is also part of the 
emerging Core Strategy and City Council Local Plan} it already has some status in long term development planning. 
4. As always the `devil will be in the detail`. 
5. There are four key factors:- 
5.1.Design-This should not be a problem :provided that it does not interfere with boating. Note. Height-  Nottm Sailing Club at 
Holme Pierrepont will want clearance for sail. Sea Cadets need less height but also need to be consulted early. Also various 
boat owners at Colwick and Castle Marinas. Previous bridges have failed on this aspect. 
5.2.Funding. This will be most challenging factor Who pays? 
a) Those of you in project planning have best skills at funding from development.{s 106 -community charge etc.} 
b) Nottingham City Council Bridge Estate has been mentioned. See attached History. In theory moneys should be 
available under objects of 1882 Act: and in practice estate income is over £1 million annually paid into general rate. But in these 
times off severe funding cuts can we expect much from this fund? How essential is our bridge to divert money from general 
funds. Worth exploring. Councillor John Hartshorne is o/c Bridge Estate. Soundings early. 
c) May be some govt grants.- sustainability -health-cycling, walking and similar. 
d) Plenty of Lottery moneys presently. Good time to apply. Would be via community group. 
e) Funds will be forthcoming from supportive charities to show support  but not major. 
5.3. Community Involvement-. Much support will be forthcoming .Involvement also early. Essential for any public and lottery 
funding. 
5.4. Political Consensus - As bridge in City and Rushcliffe, mutual support of those Councils and County Council essential. 
Earlier proposals have failed partly due either to quarrelling or disinterest. Good to see some elected members already aboard. 
6. Have a good meeting. Am happy to help later if needed. 
Best wishes, 
TH 
Messages of 17 Aug from Andrew Martin: 
Chairing arrangements for September, October and November meetings 
Greetings Hugh 
Thanks for the agenda and please record my apologies for absence. 
I have a diary note that I previously offered to chair the September meeting, and could also chair in November, but only if no 
one else offers. 
Good luck with the meeting. 
Andrew 
Agenda Item for Pedals Meeting - Have your say on future VCS Support Services 
Hugh, Arthur and David 
Perhaps you can ensure this matter is discussed at the Pedals meeting tomorrow evening? 
Thanks, Andrew 
---------------------------- Original Message ---------------------------- 
Subject: FW: IMPORTANT CONSULTATION - Have your say on future VCS Support Services 
From: "Dorothy Kurpanik" <Dorothy.Kurpanik@nottingham.ac.uk
Date: Thu, August 14, 2014 12:07 pm 
To: "Dorothy Kurpanik" <Dorothy.Kurpanik@nottingham.ac.uk
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
From: General - One Nottingham [mailto:general@onenottingham.org.uk
Sent: 13 August 2014 15:28 
To: General - One Nottingham 
Subject: IMPORTANT CONSULTATION - Have your say on future VCS Support Services 
Dear Partners 
Nottingham City Council has started an important consultation process on the future of Voluntary and Community Sector 
Support Services in the city. Voluntary and Community Sector organisations and other partners are invited to feed into the 
review, or to attend one of the consultation meetings. 
Details of the consultation meetings are on the attached briefing. An online version of the consultation will be available shortly 
which we will also circulate. To book your place at an event or register your interest in the online consultation, contact Amy 
Groom on amy.groom@nottinghamcity.gov.uk HYPERLINK 
"mailto:amy.groom@nottinghamcity.gov.uk%3cmailto:amy.groom@nottinghamcity.gov.uk" HYPERLINK 
"mailto:amy.groom@nottinghamcity.gov.uk%3cmailto:amy.groom@nottinghamcity.gov.uk" HYPERLINK 
"mailto:amy.groom@nottinghamcity.gov.uk%3cmailto:amy.groom@nottinghamcity.gov.uk"< HYPERLINK 
"mailto:amy.groom@nottinghamcity.gov.uk%3cmailto:amy.groom@nottinghamcity.gov.uk" HYPERLINK 
"mailto:amy.groom@nottinghamcity.gov.uk%3cmailto:amy.groom@nottinghamcity.gov.uk" HYPERLINK 
"mailto:amy.groom@nottinghamcity.gov.uk%3cmailto:amy.groom@nottinghamcity.gov.uk"mailto:amy.groom@nottinghamcity.g
ov.uk> or 0115 8765941. 
Further information is also available on the Nottingham City Council website at http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/CCPnews
Regards One Nottingham 
One Nottingham 
4th Floor | Loxley House | Station Street | Nottingham NG2 3NG 
Telephone: (0115) 8765000 or (0115) 8764997 
Email: general@onenottingham.org.uk 
Website: www.onenottingham.org.uk 
Key messages for the Voluntary and Community Sector Support Services Review  
Nottingham City Council regards the voluntary and community sector as a key partner in delivering its vision for a safe, clean, 
ambitious and proud City. Over the last 3 years significant investment and support has been put in place by the Council to help 
the voluntary and community sector to become more self-sustaining. This includes investment in the Support Services Contract 
commissioned in 2012 for 3 years; Area Based Grants introduced in 2013 and further grant investment to fund Communities of 
Identity in 2014. 
During the last three years the needs of citizens in Nottingham City have changed. The Council is finding new ways to help 
citizens look after themselves as well as providing earlier help to vulnerable people. Therefore, it is likely that the support needs 
of the voluntary sector have also changed. Added to this are the financial pressures faced by us all and the need to maximise 
all the investment the Council makes. This means the Council want to review the services it commissions to support the 
voluntary sector.  
The Council wants to hear from all parts of the voluntary and community sector and is holding a series of consultation events to 
identify what support the voluntary sector needs going forward. Views of partners from other sectors who work with the 
Voluntary and Community Sector are also welcome. You are invited to attend one of the following consultation events: 
2
nd
September 2014, 10.30am 
12.30pm (lunch provided by the Partnership Council) 
New Art Exchange, Gregory Boulevard, Hyson Green, NG7 6BE 
9
th
September 2014, 12pm 
2pm (lunch not provided) 
NVAC, 7 Mansfield Road, Nottingham, NG1 3FB 
10
th
September 2014, 12.30pm 
2.30pm (lunch not provided) 
Bulwell Hall Healthy Living Centre, Lawton Drive, Nottingham, NG6 8BL 
11
th
September 2014, 12.30pm 
2.30pm (lunch not provided) 
St Christopher Church, Colwick Road, Sneinton, Nottingham, NG2 4AL 
11
th
September 2014, 6pm 
8pm 
NVAC, 7 Mansfield Road, Nottingham, NG1 3FB 
Please contact Amy Groom on amy.groom@nottinghamcity.gov.uk or 0115 8765941 to book a place at your chosen 
event. Further information is also available on the Nottingham City Council website at 
http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/CCPnews. 
We are developing an online version of the consultation event to enable people who cannot attend the events to feed into the 
consultation process. If you would like access to this please contact Amy Groom in the first instance. 
Updates (and matters arising) from 19 August 2014, i.e. since the last meeting, on 18 Aug 
Pedals stall management: 
Andrew Martin asked me to put this on the agenda, so that we can discuss issues arising from the stall we ran in June at the 
Cycle Live weekend. 
Pedals website updates: proposed date for a training sessions 
We agreed, to help Larry, that it was important that several of us were able to do minor updates and that we would after the 
summer break arrange with him a training date to help us do this. Who is interested in coming along please? 
Space for Cycling Campaign: Update on lobbying local councillors 
We need to have a general update on which local councillors have been approached for support and with what results. 
Route across Chilwell Manor Golf Course between Charlton Grove and Barkers Lane, Beeston: my message of 19 Aug 
to Andy Wignell: 
Andy 
We discussed this at yesterday’s Pedals meeting and the general feeling was that although this is a useful informal unofficia
route for cyclists, it is not one that we should really be trying to get upgraded from a public footpath and promoted as a main 
official route, in view of its rather narrow width, on much of its length, and the general inadvisability of encouraging cyclists by 
signing of a formal route right across a golf course where getting the path widened to make it more suitable for shared use 
could be difficult.  
Although it is certainly useful as the most direct route to and from Attenborough it was also felt that the official alternative is not 
really so much longer so cyclists should instead be encouraged to go round by that route. I recall that these were essentially 
also the reasons why we did not pursue this suggestion when it was first raised at a Pedals meeting many years ago, by the 
way. 
Having said that we would be very interested to see what if any reply you do get to your own personal approach to the County 
Council about this issue and we would certainly be willing to discuss the matter again in the light of that reply. 
Best wishes 
Hugh 
for Pedals 
….reply from Andy of 7 Sept:
Thanks for the feedback Hugh.  
If I’m honest, I’m not surpr
ised, as the chances of the golf club agreeing to a change are slim.  I agree the patch is narrow in 
places, though no narrower than some points on Route 6 in Beeston! 
My concern wasn’t so much the additional distance, as I agree this is small.
My worry was as much the fact that the traffic on 
Meadow Lane in the morning often tails back to the bend where Meadow Lane becomes Long Lane, and only about 3-4 cars 
get through on each cycle of the traffic lights.  Hence for many there is the need/desire to overtake the queue of traffic, which 
isn’t that safe a lot of the time
(it may be that the traffic improves once the tram works are over).  I have also had some quite 
near accidents when turning right onto the Route 6 cycle patch on Queen’s Road from Meadow Lan
e as motorists (including 
lorries going to the Gravel Works in Attenborough) turning left often don’t indicate and the cars behind you tend to impatien
t to 
get through the lights.  Do you think there is scope for any mitigations/extra signage on this junction? 
Thanks again for raising at the meeting.  I will let you know if/when I hear back from NCC.  
Andy. 
Comments from Pedals on the Beeston Station Railway Bridge Cycle path: my message of 19 Aug to Phil Knight and 
Mike Hawkings, Notts CC; 
Phil 
Mike 
We discussed these excellent recent detailed comments from Brian Goss at the Pedals monthly meeting yesterday and agreed 
that we should endorse these personal comments of his as the formal response of Pedals. 
Hugh McClintock 
For Pedals 
-----Original Message----- 
From: brian Goss 
Sent: 14 August 2014 09:06 
To: phil.knight@nottscc.gov.uk; mike.hawkings@nottscc.gov.uk 
Cc: Gwyneth McMinn; 'Ian Keetley'; 'Steve Barber'; 'Peter Briggs'; 'Robin Phillips'; 'Adrian Juffs'; 'Gary Smerdon-White'; 'Gina 
Musa (Ridewise)'; 'Hugh McClintock'; Andrew.wignell@nuh.nhs.uk 
Subject: Comments re: Beeston Station Railway Bridge Cycle path 
Dear Phil, 
Thanks very much for sending me the plans for the cycle path over station bridge, I see that work is progressing at pace so for 
expediency I am submitting some comments on a personal basis rather than a Pedals formal response. In principle this is 
something I strongly support, I'm conscious that Nottinghamshire has the highest rate of serious accidents to cyclists in 
England outside of London, so in that context every well designed section of new cycle route is a step in the right direction. 
Documents you may be interested
Documents you may be interested