Chapter 4: Advanced Question Options | 59
Add Skip Logic is also available in the question menu bar to the right of the question being edited.
To use Skip Logic:
1. Select the question you would like to skip from.
2. Click the purple gear button to the left and select Add Skip Logic.
3. In the ﬁrst two drop-down menus, set the condition that triggers the Skip Logic (which choice and the action –
Selected, Not Selected, Displayed, or Not Displayed).
4. In the third menu, specify where to send the respondent. This can be to another question within the block, or
directly to the end of the block or to the end of the survey. You cannot skip to the middle of another block.
5. When ﬁnished, click Done.
After you click Done, you’ll notice there is a dropdown menu of options available called “Skip Logic.” The options found in
the drop-down are as follows:
• EDIT SKIP LOGIC: To edit existing Skip Logic, select this option.
• ADVANCED OPTIONS: Do you want to include a Quota as part of your Skip Logic? Whatever action you have
selected for the Quota will take effect (For example, End Survey will occur in place of skipping to the speciﬁed
• QUOTAS: To setup quotas for each answer choice, see Quotas under the Advanced Options drop-down
menu (located at the far right of the Edit Surveys tab).
• GO TO SKIP DESTINATION: Select this option to jump down to the destination question while in the Edit Survey
view. There will also be a colored arrow next to the question being skipped to.
• REMOVE SKIP LOGIC: Selecting this option deletes this particular line of Skip Logic.
• If you have multiple lines of Skip Logic, you can delete them all at once by clicking the “x” at the top
right of the Skip Logic bar.
You can only use Skip Logic to jump to questions within your current question block. If you need to jump to a question in
another block, you will need to either (1) use a combination of Skip Logic with Display (Skip to the end of the block, then
use Display Logic to display or not display particular questions), or (2) use Branch Logic to skip over groups of questions,
skipping people to the end of a block then branching people off to a block of questions if they meet the condition.
The Qualtrics team works hard to make it so you don’t ever need extra code to set up your survey. But hey, let’s face it, we
can’t account for every unique experiment or study performed by the world’s leading researchers. For that reason, Qualtrics
the Purple Gear button.