Converting Print to Online
What Software Format Is Your Document In?
Microsoft Excel to HTML
Fortunately, converting a Microsoft Excel document to HTML is simple,
because it has a “Save as Type” menu option in the software.
To convert a print document in Microsoft Excel to HTML:
1. Open your Microsoft Excel file.
2. Choose File, then Save as HTML.
3. You can create a new file name or use the current file name.
4. In Save as Type, select HTML document.
5. Click Save to save your printed document to HTML.
Adobe FrameMaker to HTML
You know that HTML describes a set of elements that describe how each
part of a document is used. HTML elements are actually similar to
FrameMaker formats. However, there are some differences:
• HTML documents use standard html formats. While FrameMaker
documents contain any number of formats, non-html formats.
• HTML elements describe the structure of a document, not its format.
Therefore, web browsers, such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft
Internet Explorer display the same elements in different ways.
• HTML won’t easily display a two-column format. . 1
You can write one version of the Adobe FrameMaker print document and
then use that version to create HTML and PDF documents to produce web
pages. However, you cannot expect your HTML document to look exactly
like your Adobe FrameMaker print document. You can also use supplied
Adobe FrameMaker templates for your print documents, which will
minimize the fine tuning necessary. If you need to use elements that are not
available in HTML, you should probably convert your file to PDF instead.
1. Adobe FrameMaker Online Help.