RevMan 5 User Guide
• Test for subgroup differences available for all analyses including Mantel-Haenszel fixed effect
and random effects models.
• Studies can be added to outcomes based on Risk of Bias judgements, year range, or free text
search in the Outcomes section of Characteristics of included studies.
• Quick toolbar buttons for switching between effect measures and random effect/fixed
• Labels on forest plots can be changed at the comparison level.
• More options/properties immediately available when adding a new outcome.
• More outcomes properties can be exported.
• Support for creation and editing of PRISMA flow diagrams.
• Option for showing four decimals instead of two on forest plot figures.
Review and file management
• My Reviews screen makes it easier to access the reviews you are involved in and helps
decide whether to check out a review or open a local file.
• When opening a review file that you haven’t checked out, you are prompted if you want to
mark the review as checked out.
• Contact person of review is shown on the Check Out screen.
• Opening a file from a temporary location (e.g. the directory where your browser stores
downloaded files) does not change the default directory.
• When opening a file, list view vs. details view is maintained from last session.
• Link from validation report to relevant edit screen for correcting problem.
• Error if withdrawn reviews contain other events than Amended.
• Warning if Plain language summary exceeds 400 words.
• Warning if links in the text to numbered items, e.g. figures, do not appear in numerical order.
• Warning if date of What’s new event is in the future.
• Warning if a link in a protocol refers to a section that is only published for full reviews.
• Warning if an additional reference shares its identifier with a study.
• Warning if the DOI for a reference to a Cochrane Review is incorrectly formatted.
• Warning if an outcome using the generic inverse variance data type has enabled the
participants columns but has not used them.
• Warning if there are more than 6 figures.
Diagnostic test accuracy reviews
• Default specificity range for SROC plots changed from 0.05–0.95 to 0.7–0.99.
• Improved symbols for SROC plots with more colours available.
• Improved legends for SROC plots.
• Covariate categories can be defined with fewer clicks.
• Prevalence included in calculator.
• Welcome screen improved and reorganised.
• Non-Cochrane mode disables features specific to Cochrane use.
• Wizard buttons renamed to Continue when a follow up action is chosen.
• Previous/Next buttons on edit tabs for browsing through references, outcomes, etc.