1. On the Roles page of the user management area, choose New to add a new row to the roles management
2. In the Create New Role dialog, enter a unique name for the role and choose OK.
Blanks are not allowed in the role name.
The role is created and a new page is displayed.
Next, you define the permissions for your new role for every activity – either for all objects of a business
object type or individually for every existing business object. For example, to define a user who is allowed to
read all data change logs, set the indicator in the Read column of the Data Change Log row. The permission is
automatically passed on to all existing logs.
3. To define that the user should be allowed to read only a specific data change logs, choose the arrow to expand
the log node, and then set the indicator in the Read column of the specific log row.
Permission to read only the selected log is granted.
4. If you want to define permissions based on a standard role, choose Select Template and select a role.
The permissions of the selected role are copied to your new role. You can easily add and remove permissions
until they are sufficient for your business needs.
5. If you have already created users that should be assigned the new role, choose Assign Role, select one or
more users in the Assign Role to User dialog, and choose OK.
6. Choose Settings to define the following options in the Settings dialog:
If you activate this option, any business user can request this role for himself in the Request Roles dia
Use as Default
If you activate this option, the role is automatically selected in the Request Roles dialog.
Full Data Access
If you activate this option, any user who is assigned this role can see all the data of any model regard
less of how the data access for the model is defined.
Grant full data access carefully and only to selected users.
7. Decide which type of user should approve the role request:
○ Manager: The user assigned as a manager to the user requesting the role must approve the request.
The manager is assigned to a user on the User page in the user management area.
○ Other Users: A specific user that you select from the dialog must approve the request.
SAP Cloud for Analytics User Guide
© 2016 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved.