A perfect ten puzzle.
周e word ten can be found in all the answers except one (and that has already been provided for you).
Each of the words deﬁned begins at the corresponding number of the diagram; it may end at or after the
following number. 周at is, each of the words overlaps with one or more letters of the following word.
1. n. something contained; the substance or matter of a written work or an object; adj. satisﬁed.
2. part of a plant that curls around any nearby support.
3. be attentive; try to hear.
4. not fully worked out or developed; done as a trial; hesitant, uncertain.
5. to make longer; stretch forth; enlarge.
6. a relaxation of strained relations or tensions as between nations (an English word borrowed
7. a game for two or four players who use rackets to hit a ball back and forth across a net on a level court.
8. to make or become less hard; to weaken or make pliant.
9. adj. tightly stretched or strained; n. a verb form that expresses distinctions of time.
10. a grammatically self-contained speech unit consisting of a word or syntactically related group of words
usually containing a subject and a predicate.
11. far-reaching; covering a large area.
12. to reveal truths to; to free from ignorance; to inform.
13. the language taught by readers of this text.
14. hurry; move swiftly; be quick.
15. a person who pays rent for the use of land, a house, etc.
16. one of a pair of jointed sense organs on the head of an insect, crab, lobster, etc.; a feeler.
17. to be present at; to accompany; to listen, pay heed to; to wait on, give care to