7. For UCM < 5.156, Login on the UCM by doing a Transfer >
System Information. For UCM 5.156, this is not necessary
8. While the UCM05 is connected to the module to be
programmed, and the firmware download is proceeding, the
Comfort RS485 Bus will not be able to communicate with
Comfort and other modules, so there will be Communications
Failure with resulting beeps on keypads. Turn down the volume
on keypads if necessary
Downloading the Firmware
1. Run the Comfigurator software 2.2.2 or above. Ensure that the
right connection setting is set. Go to the Transfer Menu and
select “Firmware Download”.
2. Note: Comfigurator 2.2.0 to 2.2.1 will prompt for Engineer
Code. Press F0 on the keypad enter the Engineer Code (default
6789). Click on “OK” after that. Skip this step for Comfigurator
2,2,2 and above
3. Next, Comfigurator will prompt for the file to be downloaded.
Navigate to the correct firmware file to be downloaded and
select it and click “Open”.
4. After doing so, Comfigurator will give a warning prompt,
informing users that the firmware version will be downloaded. If
the firmware file selected belongs to a different type of module,
the download will be rejected, Click on “OK” to proceed with
the firmware download.
5. If the firmware download operation fails for any reason,
do not reset the UCM. Check your connections and
settings and repeat the process. Resetting the UCM
before the completion of the firmware download may
cause the flash to be erased, and the identification to be
lost. The UCM05 would have to be returned to the factory
to be reprogrammed.
6. After the download has completed, disconnect the UCMs from
the system. Disconnect the UCM Programming Cable and
remove the shunt PP2 on the newly programmed module.
UCM 5.156 (19 September)
1. Firmware download does not require prior login by UCM
UCM 5.155 (2 August 2007)
1. TC command to copy all characters in Rs232 to Rs485.
2. Prevent invalid RS485 messages from beng sent by firmware
when RS485 buffer overflow or message not initialised or closed
3. Increased RS485 receive buffer size to 96, transmit buffer to
Universal Communications Module