7. Select the VSS: MS Exchange Server backup set.
Caution: Selecting the Authoritative Restore forces the restored directory database to be replicated
to other servers on the domain after the backups have been restored.
8. Select the method used to access the backup set:
• Download ﬁles from Lenovo Online Data Backup Remote Backup Server.
• Use previously downloaded web restore.
9. If you select to use a previously downloaded restore, browse to the location where the ﬁles are stored.
The VSS downloading window appears.
11.Once the data has been downloaded, the VSS writer automatically copies the ﬁles to the correct locations.
Once the restore has been completed, all mailbox stores need to be mounted.
12.Open the Microsoft Exchange System Manager and navigate to the Servers folder.
13.Expand each storage group.
14.For each mailbox store, right-click the mailbox store, then click Mount Store.
Note: If conﬁguring Lenovo Online Data Backup to back up a Microsoft Exchange Server residing on
the same hardware as the domain controller, it is important to select the check boxes for VSS Active
Directory and Windows File Replication Service (SYSVOL) backup sets from the conﬁguration module.
Restoring Active Directory and SYSVOL Data
Before restoring data to Active Directory and SYSVOL, you must restart the server in Directory Service Restore
1. Reboot the server.
2. During the reboot process, press and hold the F8 key on the keyboard.
3. When the Windows Advanced Options menu displays, select Directory Services Restore Mode, then press
4. When the Authentication window appears, log in as the local administrator.
Once you have restarted the server in Directory Services Repair mode, you are ready to begin the restoration
5. Click Start > All Programs > Lenovo Online Data Backup > Lenovo Online Data Backup Status.
6. Click Restore Files.
The Lenovo Online Data Backup Conﬁguration window appears.
7. Click VSS Restore.
8. Select VSS Active Directory and SYSVOL.
Caution: When you select the Authoritative Restore, Windows causes Active Directory to replicate
and overwrites objects and object trees of objects to all domain controllers in the domain.
9. Select the method used to access the backup sets:
• Download ﬁles from the Lenovo Online Data Backup Remote Backup Server.
Lenovo Online Data Backup User Guide
Server Extended Application Support