2.3.3 Documentation, page 108
THE ACTION MENU
Most actions are available through the Action menu or the contextual menu. Click the gear button or
Control click an item in the Download Manager panel to display more commands:
• Add: Add another file to the list.
• Edit: Edit the parameters of a selected item in the list.
• Retry: Tries to reload an item that failed to download.
• Remove: Removes the selected items from the list. Alternatively, you can press the Delete
• Enable/Disable: Checks or unchecks the selected items. Only checked items will be
• Start/Stop Queue: Starts or stops the download queue. Same as the play/pause buttons at
the bottom of the panel.
• Purge Queue: Removes all items from the list that have been completely downloaded.
• Only Added Files to Thumbnail Gallery: Various predefined option sets (see below).
• Import Files to Database: Select into which database the downloaded files shall be stored.
Select Folder to save them not in a database but directly to the file system.
• Options: Opens the options dialog sheet that allows you to specify in detail what to
download, which links to follow, and where to store the downloaded files (see below).
For your convenience, DEVONthink Pro Office comes with predefined option sets that you can directly
select from the action menu.
• Only Added Files: Downloads only exactly the files you have manually added to the
• Offline Archive: Downloads the files you have added to the Download Manager including
embedded images, style sheets, and scripts. Use this options set to archive/download web
pages with everything necessary to display them properly. Alternative: Create a web
• Subdirectory (Complete): Downloads the files you have added to the Download Manager
including all other embedded files or files linked to them. Also, this option set follows all
links leading to (items in) sub-directories. Use this option set to download, for example, a
complete web site for offline archiving.
• Subdirectory (Images & Multimedia): Same as above, but downloads only linked images,
linked multimedia files including Flash and QuickTime movies, and embedded images
in the item's directory and all sub-directories. Use this set to download, for example, a
complete web site for offline archiving (without all linked Office documents, PDFs, etc.)
• Thumbnail Gallery: Downloads the files you have added to the Download Manager
including linked images, embedded images, style sheets, and scripts. Use this options set
to download, for example, a thumbnail gallery including all full-size images linked to each
thumbnail for offline archiving.
Note: Downloaded items are by default excluded from classification and tagging.