Saving and exporting PDFs
Last updated 5/10/2016
Copy selected text
1 Use the Select tool
to select any amount of text on the page.
2 Copy the text:
• Choose Edit > Copy to copy the selected text to another application.
• Right-click on the selected text, and then select Copy.
• Right-click on the selected text, and then choose Copy With Formatting.
You can paste copied text into comments and bookmarks as well as into documents authored in other
Convert selected content to other formats
You convert selected content other formats by exporting a selection. For example, you can select content and save it as
a Word document, Excel spreadsheet, comma-separated values.
1 Click the Select tool
. Press Ctrl (Windows) or Command (Mac OS) to create a rectangular selection.
2 Drag a rectangle over the content to copy. If you’re selecting text in columns, press Alt.
To select tables that exceed one page, try changing the page display to Single Page Continuous before selecting the
tables. (View > Page Display > Enable Scrolling)
3 Right-click the selection, and choose Export Selection As and specify a filename.
4 Depending on the nature of the content, in the Save As Type, choose one of the following:
Word Document or Word 97-2003
Saves the content as a Word file.
Excel Workbook, XML Spreadsheet, or CSV
Saves the content as a table.
Rich Text Format or HTML
Saves the content as an RTF or HTML file.
To copy a table in RTF, drag the selected table into an open document in the target application.
Saves the content as an PowerPoint (.pptx) file.
Use the Select tool to copy and paste individual images from a PDF to the clipboard, to another application, or to a file.
If you cannot select an image because of overlapping text, open the Preferences dialog box, and under Categories, select
General. Then select Make Select Tool Select Images Before Text.
1 Using the Select tool
, do one of the following:
• To select the entire image, click the image or drag a rectangle around it.
• To select a portion of an image, hold the pointer over the image until the cross-hair icon appears, and then
drag a rectangle around the portion.
Note: To deselect an image and start over, click outside it.
2 Copy the image:
• Choose Edit > Copy, and then choose Edit > Paste to paste the image in an open document in another
• Right-click the image and choose an option to copy the image to the clipboard or to a new file.