Warning: The cords included with this product contain chemicals, including lead, known to the State of
California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling. (This notice is
provided in accordance with Proposition 65 in Cal. Health & Safety Code § 25249.5 and following.)
• The USB cable should be placed to avoid abrasions, cuts, fraying, crimping, and kinking.
• Do not place objects on top of the USB cable and do not allow the cable to be stepped on or run over.
Be particularlycareful to keep the USB cable straight at the end.
• Unplug the scanner and the USB cable, and refer servicing to qualified service personnel under the
following conditions: Liquid has entered the scanner; the scanner has been dropped or the case has
been damaged; the scanner does not operate normally or exhibits a distinct change in performance.
(Do not adjust controls that are not covered by the operating instructions.)
Default Delay Times for Power Management for Epson Products
This product will enter sleep mode after a period of nonuse. The time interval has been set at the factory
to ensure that the product meets Energy Star standards of energyefficiency, and cannot be modified by
Restrictions on Copying
Observe the following restrictionsto ensure responsible and legal use of your scanner.
Copying of the following items is prohibited by law:
• Bank bills, coins, government-issued marketable securities, government bond securities, and
• Unused postage stamps, pre-stamped postcards, and other official postal items bearing valid postage
• Government-issued revenue stamps, and securities issued according to legal procedure
Exercise caution when copying the following items:
• Private marketable securities (stock certificates, negotiable notes, checks, etc.), monthly passes,
concession tickets, etc.
• Passports, driver's licenses, warrants of fitness, road passes, food stamps, tickets, etc.
Note: Copying these items may also be prohibited by law.