-4 & FluoroMax
-4P with USB v. B (23 Oct 2009)
Components & Accessories
Refer to your Material Safety Data Sheet
(MSDS) for information on the hazards of cryogenic
materials such as liquid nitrogen.
F-3023 Janis cryostat VNF-100
The F-3023 Janis cryostat VNF-100 is a liquid-
nitrogen variable-temperature cryostat with the sample
located in flowing vapor. Ideal for experiments with
samples that are difficult to thermally anchor, e.g., liq-
uids or powders, the F-3023 features a top-loading
sample chamber for rapid sample-exchange, and four-
way f = 1.0 optical access to the sample chamber.
Among the cryostat’s features are:
• Quick refill with included funnel assembly.
• High-quality bellows-sealed evacuation valve and
a built-in cryopump for maintaining high vacuum.
• Safety pressure-relief valves protecting all inde-
• Variable cooling system which places the sample
in flowing N
vapor (ideal for low thermal conduc-
tion samples), providing excellent cooling power
and temperature control.
• Light-weight sample positioner/mount assembly,
with multi-pin electrical-feedthrough access to the
window region, offering rotation and translation
around the cryostat’s axis.
• Two silicon diodes installed on the vaporizer (heat
exchanger) and sample mount, for controlling and
monitoring the system temperature.