ɸSending a Fax Using a Speed Dial
Load the document(s) face up with top edge in first into the ADF.
Place a single document face down on the document glass, and close the document cover.
• "Loading an Original Document on the ADF" on page 249
• "Loading an Original Document on the Document Glass" on page 250
To enter the speed dial number, do one of the followings after pressing the Fax button:
• Select Fax to, and then press the
button. Select Speed Dial, and then press the
• Press the Speed Dial button.
Enter the speed dial number between 001 and 200 using the numeric keypad, and then press the
The corresponding entry's name briefly displays on the LCD panel. To confirm the name again,
Adjust the document resolution to suit your fax needs.
• "Resolution" on page 252
• "Lighten/Darken" on page 253
Press the Start button.
The document scans into the memory.
When the document is placed on the document glass, the display prompts you for another page.
Select Yes to add more documents or No to begin sending the fax immediately, and then press
The fax number stored in the speed dial location is automatically dialed. The document is sent
when the remote fax machine answers.
• Using the asterisk (*) in the first digit, you can send a document to multiple locations. For example, if you
enter 00*, you can send a document to the locations registered between 001 and 009.