Part Six: Writing Tools
Part Six: Writing Tools
WordPerfect Office X7 includes tools that can help improve the quality of your writing. These writing tools let you
correct errors in spelling and grammar, correct mistakes automatically, and help to refine your writing style.
Setting up the writing tools
If you open a file that is written in a language that is different from the writing tools you have installed, the writing
tools run in the installed language. For example, suppose the English writing tools are installed and you open a
Spanish file: the writing tools run in English.
If you want to use the writing tools in a different language, you may need to install the writing tools for that language
by modifying your installation of the software. See “To modify WordPerfect Office X7” on page 7.
At any time, you can change the language settings for the writing tools. For details, please see “Changing the
language settings” in the Help for WordPerfect, Quattro Pro, or Presentations.
Using the writing tools
WordPerfect Office X7 offers the following writing tools:
• spelling checker — checks for misspelled words, duplicate words, and irregular capitalization. See page 221.
• grammar checker — checks for grammar, spelling, and style errors. See page 223.
• thesaurus — lets you look up synonyms, antonyms, and related words. See page 225.
• dictionary — lets you look up word definitions and spelling. See page 227.
• word lists — contain the words and phrases scanned when you proof your text using the writing tools. See
Not all writing tools are available for all languages. For a per-language breakdown of supported writing tools,
please see “Reference: Using writing tools” in the Help for WordPerfect, Quattro Pro, or Presentations.
For more information on the writing tools, please see “Using the writing tools” in the Help for WordPerfect,
Quattro Pro, or Presentations.
For advice on specific types of projects, consult the following features:
• CorelTUTOR — a Help file that offers tutorials and walkthroughs. See “To access the Help” on page 11.
• PerfectExpert — a built-in panel that offers assistance with everyday tasks and detailed projects. See “To access the
PerfectExpert” on page 5.
The Writing Tools page of the Reference Center provides links to even more resources. See “To access the
Reference Center” on page 9.