• The E-mail destination of the information must be one user of an OU system
• The total number of fields defaults to 20. If you want to change this, you must include
a hidden field specifying the number of fields your form uses.
• The names of the visible fields for data entry must be a lower case letter "f" followed
by two or three digits from 01 to 999, inclusive.
• If you include fields numbered beyond 20, you must include a hidden form-field
named "maxlines" with value equal to the highest field number used.
• You must include a valid Ohio University E-mail address in the hidden form-field
• You may choose to provide an absolute URL in the hidden form-field named
"nexturl" and appropriate link text in the hidden form-field named "nextname". If you
do, they will be used to construct the return link.
• The visible fields can be text, radio-button, check-box, or pop-up-selection. Value for
these fields must be at most 80 characters.
• The hidden form-field named "subject" is optional but strongly recommended; it
identifies the Web page where the E-mail originates.
• If you do not use a particular field, or if the user leaves a field blank, a blank line will
be included at that place in the message.
• You do not have to number the fields sequentially. You should organize the form in a
way that will be logical and convenient for the user and number the fields so that the
resulting e-mail will be easiest for the recipient to use.
To create a single line of text for the user to enter we use the Input
command, with the Type attribute equal to Text. For example:
That will create a box for text input. Using the OU CGI we have to name
the input command appropriately: