Adding a folder can save a lot of space on
your main course page, or it can organize
collections of files inside a section.
1. With the editing turned on, click Add an
activity or resource > Folder, then click
on the Add button.
2. Click Expand all in the upper right
corner to show all of the options
associated with adding a folder.
3. Name the folder as you want it to read
on the Moodle course page.
4. You may add files at this time, or by
editing the folder later on. Drag and drop
files or click on the button to bring up the
File Picker which allows you to copy files
from a variety of sources.
5. When finished adding files, click the
Save and return to course button at the bottom of the page.
Editing Folder Content
At any time, you can add or remove files from the folder you created. Remember that any files you
delete will be completely deleted from your Moodle course. Students will see what is currently in the
To edit the contents of a folder:
1. Click on the folder name from the main course page.
2. Click the Edit button.
3. Drag and drop files or click on the button to bring up the File Picker which allows you to copy files
from a variety of sources. The Create folder button allows you to create a subfolder.
4. If you want to delete or move files, you can do so by clicking on the file and clicking the Delete
button then clicking OK.
5. When finished, click the Save changes button.
6. When students click on the folder, they will see a list of files
contained in the folder. They are able to download the file, or
in some cases view the file inside Moodle.