© Palo Alto Networks, Inc.
Panorama 7.0 Administrator’s Guide • 69
Set Up Panorama
Transition to a Different Panorama Platform
Step 6 Load the Panorama configuration
snapshot that you exported from the
Panorama virtual appliance into the
1. On the M‐Series appliance, select Panorama > Setup >
2. Click Import named Panorama configuration snapshot,
Browse to the Panorama configuration file you exported from
the Panorama virtual appliance, and click OK.
3. Click Load named Panorama configuration snapshot, select
the Name of the configuration you just imported, select a
Decryption Key (the master key for Panorama), and click OK.
Panorama overwrites its current candidate configuration with
the loaded configuration. Panorama displays any errors that
occur when loading the configuration file.
4. If errors occurred, save them to a local file. Resolve each error
to ensure the migrated configuration is valid.
Step 7 Modify the configuration on the
Required if the M‐Series appliance will
use different values than the Panorama
virtual appliance. If you will maintain
access to the Panorama virtual appliance
to access its logs, use a different
hostname and IP address for the
1. Select Panorama > Setup > Management.
2. Edit the General Settings, modify the Hostname, and click OK.
3. Edit the Management Interface Settings, modify the values as
necessary, and click OK.
Step 8 Add the default managed collector and
Collector Group back to the M‐Series
Loading the configuration from the
Panorama virtual appliance (Step6)
removes the default managed collector
and Collector Group that are predefined
on each M‐Series appliance.
1. Configure a Managed Collector that is local to the M‐Series
2. Configure a Collector Group for the default managed
3. Click Commit, for the Commit Type select Panorama, and
click Commit again.
Step 9 Synchronize the M‐Series appliance with
the firewalls to resume firewall
Complete this step during a
maintenance window to minimize
1. On the M‐Series appliance, select Panorama > Managed
Devices and verify that the Device State column displays
Connected for the firewalls.
At this point, the Shared Policy (device groups) and Template
columns display Out of sync for the firewalls.
2. Click Commit, for the Commit Type select Device Group,
select every device group, select the Include Device and
Network Templates check box, and click Commit again.
3. In the Panorama > Managed Devices page, verify that the
Shared Policy and Template columns display In sync for the
Migrate from a Panorama Virtual Appliance to an M‐Series Appliance (Continued)