Comment And Markup Example
This is an example of creating a Comment or Markup using the Annotation feature by adding a pop-up to an
Oval markup. The steps apply to ALL comment and markup tools.
1. Select the Oval Tool from the toolbar or menu. This displays a thin crosshair cursor.
2. Position the cursor at the upper left corner of the area you want to mark, and then left-click and drag the
cursor to the lower right position.
3. When you release the mouse button a "bounding rectangle" will appear. If you move the cursor to the corners
or edges of the rectangle, the cursor will change to standard resizing arrow, enabling you to adjust the
boundaries of the oval to more closely match the area of interest. If you move the cursor inside the rectangle
then it will change to a four-way arrow cursor, allowing you to click-and-drag the entire oval to a new location
without changing its size. The blue rectangle will disappear when the document is saved.
4. In addition, if you right-click with the four-way arrow cursor visible, the following pop-up menu becomes visible.
The menu items are:
1. Open Pop-up Note. Opens a new or existing note for the item. Your user name and the date and time
of the note are automatically entered. You may now enter any text you wish in the lighter portion of the
Main Menu . 196
PDF-XChange Editor v3.x