1. Downsampling and Conversion.
True Color. Applies
image downsampling and conversion options for true color images.
Grayscale. Applies downsampling or conversion options for high color and grayscale images.
Indexed. Applies downsampling or conversion options for indexed images.
Monochrome. Applies downsampling or conversion options for monochrome images.
1. Downsampling. Downsampling decreases the number of pixels in an image. To
downsample images, choose a downsampling method (linear, bilinear, or bicubic
downsampling) and enter the desired resolution (in pixels per inch). Then enter a resolution in
the for images above text box.
1. No Downsampling. Allows you to disable downsampling if the PDF file is to be printed
at high resolution.
2. Linear Downsampling to. The classical linear downsampling approach is based on
the removal from the original image of those frequencies which are too high to be
represented at a lower resolution level.
3. Bilinear Downsampling to. Adds pixels by averaging the color values of surrounding
pixels. It produces results of medium quality.
4. Bicubic Downsampling To. Is a more precise downsampling method based on an
examination of the values of surrounding pixels.
Using more complex calculations, Bicubic downsampling produces smoother tonal
gradations than Linear or Bilinear ones.
Allows you to change the images’ color mode for grayscale, monochrome or
black & white.
1. No Conversion. No images will be converted.
2. Convert to Grayscale. Images will be converted to grayscale.
3. Convert to Monochrome. Images will be converted to monochrome.
4. Convert to Black & White. Images will be converted to black & white.
5. Dithering. When the Dithering option is selected, Photoshop mixes colors in the
destination color space to simulate a missing color that existed in the source space.
Although dithering helps to reduce the blocky or banded appearance of an image.
2. Deskew. If checked, it will straighten a skew scanned image.
5. Image Compression. Allows you to set the image compression options.
Main Menu . 34
PDF-XChange Editor v3.x