Plug-In Package Functions
MicroStrategy Functions Reference
© 2011 MicroStrategy, Inc.
Ipmt < FV, Type> (Rate, Period, Nperiod, PV)
• Rate is the interest rate per period.
• Period is the period for which the interest payment is sought. The valid
range is from 1 to Nperiod.
• Nperiod is the total number of payment periods.
• PV is the present value. This is the total value that a series of future
payments has today.
• FV is a parameter that indicates the future value, also called the cash
balance, expected after the last payment is made.
• Type is a parameter that indicates when payments are due.
• For this function, consistency in the units used is necessary:
Assuming monthly payments on a four-year loan at 12% annual
interest, Nperiod should be 4 × 12.
Assuming annual payments on a four-year loan at 12% annual
interest, Nperiod should be 4.
• For this function, disbursements (such as deposits to savings) are
represented by negative numbers; funds received (such as dividend
checks) are represented by positive numbers.
IRR (internal rate of return)
Returns the internal rate of return on a set of payments. The internal rate of
return is the interest rate received for an investment consisting of payments
that occur periodically. These payments do not need to be equal in value, but
they must occur at regular intervals, such as monthly, quarterly, or annually.
IRR <FactID, Guess, METHOD, Precision, SortBy>