Specific content in the message body
For detailed guidelines on setting up keyword expressions for use with content filtering,
see Content Filtering starting on page 3-7.
To configure a new rule to encrypt an email message:
1. On the left menu, click Policy. The Policy screen appears.
2. Click Add. The Add Rule / Step 1: Select Recipients and Senders screen appears.
3. Select Outgoing message from the “This rule will apply to” drop-down list.
4. Click the Senders link and select one or more addresses or domains.
5. Click Save to close that screen and then click Next to proceed to the Step 2: Select
Scanning Criteria screen.
6. Accept the default of “No Criteria” or click Advanced. A number of options
appear under the Advanced option.
7. From that list select an option that scans the message for particular content, for
example, Subject matches, Body matches, Specified header matches, or
Attachment content matches.
8. Click the keyword expression link next to the selected option and add one or more
keyword expressions as explained in Content Filtering starting on page 3-7.
9. Click Next. The Add Rule / Step 3: Select Actions screen appears.
10. Accept the default choice of “Do not intercept messages” and scroll down to the
11. Select the Encrypt email check box and click Next. The Add Rule / Step 4: Name
and Notes screen appears.
12. Type a name for the new rule and click Save. Hosted Email Security returns you to
the Policy screen with the new rule highlighted in yellow.
Reading an Encrypted Email
When an “Encrypt email” rule is triggered, there are two ways for a recipient to decrypt
an encrypted message. The first is by purchasing Trend Micro Email Encryption Client.
For more information on this product, please see the following page on the Trend Micro