Websense Web Security and Websense Web Filter
1. Under DC Agent Communication, enter the Communications port to be used for
communication between DC Agent and other Websense components. The default
Unless instructed to do so by Websense Technical Support, do not make changes
to the Diagnostic port setting. The default is 30601.
2. Under Domain Controller Polling, mark Enable domain controller polling to
enable DC Agent to query domain controllers for user logon sessions.
You can specify which domain controllers each instance of DC Agent polls in the
agent’s configuration file. See Configuring multiple agents, page 258, for details.
3. Use the Query interval field to specify how often (in seconds) DC Agent queries
Decreasing the query interval may provide greater accuracy in capturing logon
sessions, but also increases overall network traffic. Increasing the query interval
decreases network traffic, but may also delay or prevent the capture of some logon
sessions. The default is 10 seconds.
4. Use the User entry timeout field to specify how frequently (in hours) DC Agent
refreshes the user entries in its map. The default is 24 hours.
5. Under Computer Polling, check Enable computer polling to enable DC Agent to
query computers for user logon sessions. This may include computers that are
outside the domains that the agent already queries.
DC Agent uses WMI (Windows Management Instruction) for computer polling. If
you enable computer polling, configure the Windows Firewall on client machines
to allow communication on port 135.
6. Enter a User map verification interval to specify how often DC Agent contacts
client machines to verify which users are logged on. The default is 15 minutes.
DC Agent compares the query results with the user name/IP address pairs in the
user map it sends to Filtering Service. Decreasing this interval may provide
greater user map accuracy, but increases network traffic. Increasing the interval
decreases network traffic, but also may decrease accuracy.
7. Enter a User entry timeout period to specify how often DC Agent refreshes
entries obtained through computer polling in its user map. The default is 1 hour.
DC Agent removes any user name/IP address entries that are older than this
timeout period, and that DC Agent cannot verify as currently logged on.
Increasing this interval may lessen user map accuracy, because the map
potentially retains old user names for a longer time.
8. Click OK to immediately save and implement your changes.
Do not make the user entry timeout interval shorter than
the user map verification interval. This could cause user
names to be removed from the user map before they can be