Web Design with Dreamweaver - 30
12. Finally click the last cell on the bottom right, select the center icon
on the Properties
Inspector and type the © 2003 Your Name
To type the copyright symbol:
Mac Users - Hold down the option key +g
Windows Users - Hold down alt+0169
13. Now hold down the shift key and press return for a single-space effect (called a line break in
HTML) and type This page was last modified on.
14. With the cursor positioned exactly one space after the word “on” in your text, click on the
on the Common sub panel of the Insert panel Which should be displayed at
the top of your workspace. If not go to Windows>Insert. In the dialog box that appears,
select the date format you prefer, and then check the box that says Update Automatically on
Save. Checking this box will force Dreamweaver to change the date every time you save the
document. After clicking OK, notice that the current date appears in your text.
15. Select all of the text in the cell; choose Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif font and 2 for
the size.) Leave the horizontal orientation at Default. Set the Width at 639 and change the
vertical orientation to Top. (See Figure 40.)
NOTE: Browsers can only display the fonts that are available on the user’s machine. So it’s
best to use fonts that reside in the system such as Times, Arial or Helvetica. Verdana and
Georgia are fonts designed specifically to be read on screen so they’re always good choices.
If you’d like to use custom fonts, you may create your text in Fireworks and export it as a gif.
Also, your text will appear larger on Windows machines than it does on Macintosh systems.
In general, a font size of “2” for text in the body of the page is best for viewing on the Web.
Remember that users can configure their browsers to customize colors and font sizes.
16. Go to File>Save then press the F12 key to preview the page inyour internet browser. (See
Figure 41.) Click the close box in the upper left corner of the browser window.