Accessing Data and Data Analysis
Filtering and Ranking Data
Creating more complex filters
Simple filters enable you to restrict the data of a variable in the report. Complex
filters enable you to display values that satisfy conditions. You define a complex
filter by writing a formula.
For more information on using the Formula Editor to write formulas, see
"Formulas, Local Variables and Functions" on page 465.
Display only those stores with weekly revenue over $200 000
You publish a weekly report on sales revenue per store but only want to show the
results of your better performing outlets.
To do this, you define a complex filter that displays only those stores whose
revenue is equal to or over $200,000. To do this, you write a formula that states
that revenue must be greater than or equal to $20,000. The syntax is as follows:
Each week, when you refresh your report with the new sales data, only those
stores with a revenue over $200,000 will be listed in the table.
X Inserting a complex filter
1. Click inside the section or block that displays the data you want to filter.
2. Click Filters on the Format menu.
3. In the Filters dialog box that appears, click a folder in the Filters On box:
-To apply the filter on the whole report, click Global.
-To apply the filter on a specific block, click the folder with that block's name.
4. Click Add.
The Variable(s) to Filter dialog box appears.
5. Click the variable you want to filter, then click OK.
6. Click Define.
The Formula Editor opens.
7. Type the formula in the Formula box, or double-click the function(s),