If this is your first time to use our DocImageSDK, we strongly suggest you reading How to Start first!
> .NET Imaging SDK
> Twain Scanning
Fast Twain scanning can be easily achieved with advanced Twain SDK Add-On developed by RasterEdge. And the following functions are supported by this mature add-on.
- Acquire images from DIB and files
- Acquire images to an FTP or HTTP server
- Control the acquired image resolution in dpi, position, size, and orientation
- Scan images with multiple color: grayscale, palette or full color
- Support a batch of images fast scanning
- Support duplex scanning for both front and back of pages
Twain Scanning for C#.NET Application
This guide tells users how to acquire images from scanners, capture cards and digital cameras with RasterEdge .NET Imaging SDK and Twain SDK using Visual C# sample codes. (For VB.NET developers, please go to Twain Scanning for VB.NET
. Want to view Image and document in WinForms or Web applications, please go to Twain Scanning in WinForms
and Web Document Image Twain Scanning
- Run Microsoft Visual Studio (2005 or above version);
- Create a project with Visual C# programming language;
- Activate .NET Imaging SDK license and copy created "RasterEdgeLicense.txt" to the new project folder, together with .NET Imaging SDK DLL(s);
- Add RasterEdge DocImageSDK & RasterEdge.Imaging.Twain.dll to your Visual C# application;
- Call RasterEdge .NET Image SDK Namespace:
How to Acquire Image in C# Project
The following C# code shows how to acquire images when you use twain technology.
public int TwainAcquireToRasterEdgeImageImage(int HANDLE);
// Acquire a single image, from the currently selected Data Source to a DIB handle
public IntPtr TwainAcquireToDib(IntPtr HANDLE);
// Acquire a single image, from the currently selected Data Source to a file
public RasterEdgeImageStatus TwainAcquireToFile(String FilePath, int HANDLE);
How to Initialize TWAIN Session in C# Project
The following C# code shows how to initialize the TWAIN session.
public void Startup( IWin32Window owner, string manufacturer, string productFamily, string version, string application,
How to Acquire Upload Image to Server in C# Project
The following C# code shows how to upload image to sever.
private void UploadImage(System.Drawing.Bitmap image)
RasterEdge.Twain.HttpPost post = new RasterEdge.Twain.HttpPost(); post.FormData.Add("image1", image,
string ret = post.PostData("http://www.website.com/postImage.aspx");
How to Acquire Image Size and Position in C# Project
The following C# code shows how to control acquired image position and size.
this.device.Units = UnitType.Inches;
if (this.device.Units != UnitType.Inches) return;
this.device.Frame = new System.Drawing.RectangleF(0, 0, 8.5, 11);
Find more user guides with RasteEdge .NET Image SDK using Visual C# sample codings!
Want to install Imaging SDK in Winforms or Web applications, please go to Use Imaging SDK in Winforms
and Web Document Image Viewer
Recommend this to Google+