To get started with DocImage SDK for .NET, you are supposed to read VB.NET Imaging: Get Started first!
> .NET Imaging SDK
> Download Image from URL
RasterEdge .NET Imaging SDK works perfect on viewing and operating image and document within both VB.NET Windows and web programs. Among all the prominent .NET, VB.NET Imaging Processing functions, imaging downloading from web URL performs particularly well. With this VB project image and document file downloading library, developers and end users are able to download, view and save the bulk of image files from any desired website URL quickly and conveniently in VB imaging project.
This VB.NET Imaging Downloading control is mostly developed to help users download, view and store thousands of their favorite images and photos to Windows or ASP.NET web document imaging management. Users just need to define the web link, and then download what they want, including a single image and multiple image galleries.
From this image downloading from web URL tutorial article, you can see that:
- Specific features and technical details of downloading and saving image from website link in VB class
- Some instructions on the VB.NET Windows application for image downloading from URL
- Full managed method for users to download image from URL that is 100% compatible with VB program
- Complete VB sample code to download target single or multiple image(s) from web URL
Features on Downloading Image from URL in VB.NET Project
- Can be implemented and further developed in Visual Studio 2005 + and .NET Framework 2.0 +
- Easy to create the compatible VB.NET image Windows desktop project for image downloading
- Easy to use and operate VB.NET image downloading library, no neef for technique requirement or external plugin
- Mature methods for you to specify the web URLs that images will be downloaded from in VB program
- VB.NET Imaging Processing filtering function enables users to download only target image and avoid unwanted content
- Supporting multiple image forms, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF and BMP
- Able to view and process downloaded image by using RasterEdge .NET Imaging Viewing and Processing toolkits
- VB.NET Imaging Saving solution allows you to save downloaded image into disk or memory
Brief Instructions on VB.NET Imaging Downloading Application
This part displays the brief guide on creating VB.NET Windows project to integrate and run image downloading application.
If you want to adopt the image downloading method and sample code within VB class, you need to create a VB.NET Windows image program first. After this, you can instantly and quickly embed required RasterEdge .NET Imaging Basic and RasterEdge .NET Imaging Processing libraries to your created VB application. Thus, the API and demo code in VB class below can be applied directly. And please note that our testing developing environments are Visual Studio 2005 and .NET Framework 2.0, and all the later versions are certainly supported.
Method to Download Image from URL in VB.NET
We provide following robust and customizable VB.NET project API solution for users to download image from URL. Furthermore, users even can define this image downloading method to download image from web URL simply by dragging and dropping links from your browser. As for the detailed guide, please contact us.
Public Shared Function GetImageFromURL(url As String, dec As BaseDecoder) As REImage
Entire VB Sample Code to Download Image from Web URL
Following complete demo code in VB class is offered to help users to download image from website link more easily. In addition, as mentioned before, this VB.NET Image Downloader supports variable image formats to be downloaded from URL. So, if your target image is not PNG, just change the sample PNG to BMP/JPEG/TIFF/GIF.
Public Partial Class Form1
Public Sub New()
Private Sub button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)
Dim reImage As REImage = REFile.GetImageFromURL("http://www.rasteredge.com/Sample.png", New PNGDecoder())
REFile.SaveImageFile(reImage, "c:/reimage.png", New PNGEncoder())
Apart from image downloading from web URL, RasterEdge .NET Imaging SDK still supports users performing other more image viewing, operating and saving programs in VB.NET. For example:
Recommend this to Google+