To get started with DocImage SDK for .NET, you are supposed to read VB.NET Imaging: Get Started first!
> .NET Imaging SDK
> Freehand Line Annotating
This VB.NET annotation library helps you to make annotations with graphics and text messages using VB.NET code. You can use this annotation library to add freehand line annotation on different images and documents, such as PDF, TIFF, PNG, BMP, etc. If this VB.NET annotation library is used, you are able to create freehand line annotation in VB.NET application without changing the original document or image.
This guide page will show you details of creating freehand line annotation in VB.NET application. If you want to use our annotation control to annotate your documents and images using C#.NET code, you can go to the C#.NET guide for creating freehand line annotation
. The freehand line annotation can be edited in many ways, including relocating, resizing, rotating, deleting, changing color attributes and much more.
Freehand Line Annotation Control Overview in VB
- It is easy to annotate image file with freehand line using VB.NET code.
- Freehand line can be simply drawn as an annotation on documents, like PDF.
- You are free to adjust the thickness of created freehand line in VB.NET.
- The color of created freehand line is also user-defined in VB.NET.
- You can use VB.NET code to control the shape & position of created freehand line.
- Generated freehand line can be burnt on target image file using VB.NET.
- Created freehand line annotation can be removed from target file easily.
- Created freehand line annotation is quite clear in VB.NET imaging project.
VB.NET Code to Create Freehand Line Annotation
To create freehand line annotation in VB.NET application, you can use this annotation control for VB.NET. We provide free VB.NET annotation control trial version and detailed user tutorial online. This VB.NET annotation control is entirely compatible with Visual Studio 2005 or later versions. It runs well in Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or above. Generally, RasterEdge .Imaging.Basic.dll and RasterEdge .Imaging.Annotation.dll in the trial package need to be added to your project references for creating freehand line annotation.
Freehand annotation means that you can make any drawing on document or image as you want. You can use VB.NET demo code below to create freehand line annotation on target document file.
Public Class FreehandLineAnnotationDemo
' * SDK Dependency:
' * RasterEdge.Imaging.Annotation.dll
Public Shared Sub Test()
Dim obj As New FreeHandLineAnnotation()
'create a new freehand line
'set Track points
obj.Points = New List(Of LinePoint)()
obj.Points.Add(New LinePoint(30F, 34F))
obj.Points.Add(New LinePoint(20.3F, 123F))
obj.Points.Add(New LinePoint(134F, 32F))
obj.Points.Add(New LinePoint(134F, 110F))
'set line size
obj.LinePen = New LinePen()
obj.LinePen.Width = 3F
'set line width
'set line property
obj.LinePen.Brush = New AnnotationBrush()
obj.LinePen.Brush.FillType = RasterEdge.Imaging.Annotation.FillType.Solid
'set line style
obj.LinePen.Brush.Solid_Color = Color.Blue
'set line color
'when the track has Closed loop, set the Closed loop property as below
obj.Fill = New AnnotationBrush()
obj.Fill.FillType = RasterEdge.Imaging.Annotation.FillType.Solid
'set Closed loop style
obj.Fill.Solid_Color = Color.Pink
'ser closed loop color
Dim folderName As String = "C:/"
Dim img As Bitmap = obj.CreateAnnotation()
img.Save(folderName & "FreehandLineAnnotation.png")
Catch ex As Exception
In addition to create freehand line annotation in VB.NET application, our VB.NET annotation control also supports other types of annotations. In the following part, we will illustrate other main annotation types supported by this VB.NET annotator control add-on.
- Callout annotation in VB.NET Application: If you want to add extra information on a certain area of an image, you can create the callout annotation with this VB.NET annotation library.
- Ellipse annotation in VB.NET Application: Filled or unfilled ellipse annotation can be drawn on images and documents with this VB.NET annotation control.
- Hot Spot annotation in VB.NET Application: This VB.NET annotation control enables you to create flexible hot spot annotation on documents and images.
- Line annotation in VB.NET Application: The line annotation tool can be used to make straight lines. The lines can be drawn on documents according to your requirements.
- Polygon annotation in VB.NET Application: Closed polygons can be made using this polygon annotation control. Created polygons can be resized or rotated.
- Rectangle annotation in VB.NET Application: The rectangle annotation tool is used to make squares and rectangles and you can adjust the roundness of the rectangle's corner.
- Rubber stamp annotation in VB.NET Application: This annotation control enables you to insert stamp (user-specific electronic signature) on documents and drawings.
- Text annotation in VB.NET Application: Use text annotation tool and you can directly place text on the image or document. Edit the text as desired.
Recommend this to Google+